Author Topic: Operation Rainfall wants you to vote on which game SEGA should localize  (Read 9404 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
http://operationrainfall.com/vote-to-localize-sega-konami-polls/

Basically, they've partnered up with a localization company that SEGA has worked with before to give SEGA a discount on the localization on the game that wins the poll

of course that means nothing if SEGA doesn't want to do it... but it's not that hard to go and vote.

Choices:

Valkyria 3
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Edition
Shining Hearts

currently Valkyria 3 is winning

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
I'm still confident that Yakuza 5 is already in the process of coming West, so I voted for Valkyria Chronicles 3.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Shining Hearts is the wrong Shining game to localize out of all of them...Blade and Ark are much better (with Valk engine)

And...Yakuza 5 of course! Still kinda amazed that Valkyria fanbase is overall bigger than Yakuza's.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
Why isn't Sakura Wars in?

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Huh, people are voting for Shining Hearts over Yakuza 5?!

Offline max_cady

Yeah, what the heck? Shining Hearts!?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Yakuza 5 has less than half the votes of Shining Hearts, and isnt Valk 3 a fucking PSP game?

Get it together Sega fans, fuck.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
I'm still confident that Yakuza 5 is already in the process of coming West, so I voted for Valkyria Chronicles 3.

Same here.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
I voted for Yakuza 5 due to there being a fan patch for VC3 and Shining Hearts already. If you have a modded PSP, you can download the game and patch it.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Yakuza 5 has less than half the votes of Shining Hearts, and isnt Valk 3 a fucking PSP game?

Get it together Sega fans, fuck.

lol, ^^ this times 1000. Heck VC3 wouldn't even be my first choice if this was handheld specific (that honor would go to 7th Dragon 2020 series).

It's a crime that Yakuza 5 is not rocking that poll right now. I have no confidence in it getting localised otherwise.

Crappy choices in that poll overall. Psp games??

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
At least Yakuza 5 is beating Shining Hearts now! It was losing against it yesterday.

Offline Skateboard

• Total Meseta: 1
I played Valkyria Chronicles 1+2, Yakuza 1,2,3,(still have to finish 4) and bought Dead Souls at its release, but still haven't play it. I also played all the old Shining games and know about the new ones. It is still definitely Valkyria Chronicles 3 for me! Never spent so many hours with a game - especially Valkyria Chronicles 2 which is unbelievable amazing. Addicting strategic gameplay at its best! Great music too. Masterpiece! It just has to come west!

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
My choice was also Valkyria Chronicles 3. Outside of this poll, Yakuza 5 has more traction: being more recent and thus people still calling for its release. I think that the localization discount proposed would benefit Yakuza 5 more since the translation costs are likely higher (because it's a Yakuza game and all) but Yakuza is assuredly continuing as a franchise, while VC3 is totally uncertain outside of cameos and such.

Plus, as mentioned by others I think that Yakuza 5 still stands a chance at being announced for localization yet, as tired as I am of this waiting period with no comment from Sega.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Looks like the Yakuza came out to vote in force.

VC3 and Y5 are dead even at 41 and 40 percent respectively. There's only about a hundred votes difference right now.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
Why isn't Sakura Wars in?

Because Sakura Wars was localised on the Wii?

I went for Shining Hearts just to see whether it's good. I hope VC3 wins though.

I don't get the hate for portable games here at all. Yakuza 5 is probably being localised as we speak (if you got 4 games, including the spin-off it means that it's doing well).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:03:52 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.