Author Topic: CompileHeart's Neptune = SEGAGAGA 2?  (Read 8648 times)

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: CompileHeart's Neptune = SEGAGAGA 2?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 02:44:14 am »
 Neptune is also the main character of the game and she is an original console by Sega!

The girls have fought on the past, but Neptune has lost her memories after an accident and now all the 4 girls have to join forces to beat Majicon.

... as seem on the real world, Sega lost the battle and now works together with Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft against the piracy. LOL!

I'm a bit surprised, since this is the first time I have seen Sega working with the major shitty games developer of Japan, IDEA FACTORY ever. Compile Heart is a company of IF. Interesting, these companies(Gust, IF, Compile and NIS) are basically always working together.

Capcom and now Sega are the only major companies working with them till now.

I'm buying it ;p
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 08:22:08 am »
I bet everyone will start talking about a new Sega console after this.

Farfetching the idea a bit..
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 07:01:44 am »
This game is very much a 'wait and see' for me... I'm really hoping it turns out good because I really like this wacky concept (like that of Segagaga) but at the same time... I dunno... could be very generic JRPG fodder.
Made by SEGA

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 05:54:56 pm »
Some screenshots and artwork :

and the official site http://http://www.compileheart.com/neptune/
SEGA STYLE

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 06:06:01 pm »
I am not sure how anyone can be excited for this game. Segagaga was a "Cute" game, but it could not be any further from fun if it tried. Idea Factory, Compile Heart and Nipple Itchy are some of the worst game developers of all time. I am actually greatly offended that SEGA even considered publishing their horseshit. Even more offended that characters like Sonic will most likely be in here. If you are interested in the game, just wait and watch the cutscenes and music on YouTube a week after the game is out instead of torturing yourself to the digital form of diarrhea.

[spoiler:2cjennzb]The Xbox 360 sure has a nice rack though.[/spoiler:2cjennzb]

Offline Sharky

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 06:40:59 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I am not sure how anyone can be excited for this game. Segagaga was a "Cute" game, but it could not be any further from fun if it tried. Idea Factory, Compile Heart and Nipple Itchy are some of the worst game developers of all time. I am actually greatly offended that SEGA even considered publishing their horseshit. Even more offended that characters like Sonic will most likely be in here. If you are interested in the game, just wait and watch the cutscenes and music on YouTube a week after the game is out instead of torturing yourself to the digital form of diarrhea.

[spoiler:gsovdvoi]The Xbox 360 sure has a nice rack though.[/spoiler:gsovdvoi]

While they might be some of the worst developers (if you say so, i never payed much attention) I think Sega must have seen SOMETHING in this game to get involved and let them use their characters.

Even bad developers can have rare gems and I really like the concept.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 07:13:06 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

[spoiler:1xsc0f9a]The Xbox 360 sure has a nice rack though.[/spoiler:1xsc0f9a]

While they might be some of the worst developers (if you say so, i never payed much attention) I think Sega must have seen SOMETHING in this game to get involved and let them use their characters.

Even bad developers can have rare gems and I really like the concept.

So where were you when Golden Axe: Beast Rider was in the works?

Offline Sharky

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 07:42:00 pm »
Im talking Sega Japan, not Simon Jefferys run Sega America!
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 12:50:31 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Im talking Sega Japan, not Simon Jefferys run Sega America!

Difference is that by that time Secret Level only made one real game and these people made like 20 terrible ones and like 3 okay at best ones.

Offline Sharky

Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2010, 12:32:59 pm »
What is the status of the SEGAGAGA  english translation project?  Policenauts finally got translated, it would be nice to see SEGAGAGA finally finished as well.

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 09:24:28 am »
Last I heard, the project was paused, but not canceled. I really don't know nothing else..
SEG4GES

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 10:25:39 am »

Some scans.

You can find some Sega characters on it, as well the famous phrase that Sega has used sometime near the DC announcement. The only change is that you have "Neptune" instead "Sega".

It confirms that the main character is really a "virtual" console made by Sega... at least they want you to believe that.

Too bad that Sega characters are just a special attack, and they are on their original form... 2D.

Offline matty

• Total Meseta: 1
    • http://twitter.com/matty_125
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 07:06:31 pm »
Well, looks like that Neptune's chances of being localized for the U.S. has increaded by 60% (+ or - 2%). Of course, as expected, Sega isn't the one to share console-tan love with us. You won't be surprised who is, though:

Neptune was not at E3 since it has not been announced for any region other than Japan. But, I’d hold off on importing the PlayStation 3 game. Chances are good that Neptune will be localized. During an interview with Haru Akenaga, President of NIS America, I asked him about Neptune.

“All I can say now is Idea Factory asked us to localize the game for the US and Europe. We are eager to do that. We are in discussion about the conditions for licensing the title,” Akenaga replied. “The deal is almost done.”

Check back later for the full interview, which covers topics like Hit Maker titles, Sakura Wars, Gust, and bunch of other games.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/16/pl ... f-neptune/

Twisted Metal already finally pushed me to get a PS3, but Neptune solidifies it.
Noir/Black Hear, here I come, baby. I'm comin' to get ya!

Offline Sieghardt

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 02:34:02 pm »
While idea factory might be pretty poor in general, this team within compile heart arent too bad, I had more fun with the incredibly low budget Cross Edge than I did with FF13. Not 10/10 best game ever material but certainly a fun little game, so I'm looking forward to this