Author Topic: sooo , what do you think of SEGA's Performance this E3 ??  (Read 9032 times)

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: sooo , what do you think of SEGA's Performance this E3 ??
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 09:43:12 am »
^^
i am sure TGS will be better but they need to deal with E3 more seriously .
this is unacceptable!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 10:15:52 am »
^ It will be better if they showed new IPs.
I'm pretty sure its going to be all about RGG though.

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 11:19:44 am »
^^
VF:FS or next PSO or VCIII will be great as well

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 12:40:27 pm »
Quote from: "Suzuki Yu"
^^
this is unacceptable!

Do you think it might come down to budget/scaled back what was formerly Sega of America?

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline matty

• Total Meseta: 1
    • http://twitter.com/matty_125
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 01:30:08 pm »
Are people really looking forward to TGS? It was seriously lacking last year. One of the deveoplers from Capcom (Keiji Inafune) even said "Man, Japan is over. We're done. Our game industry is finished.".
The year before wasn't much to discuss about, either. Then again, I wasn't looking out for the major releases.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 01:43:00 pm »
Quote from: "matty"
Are people really looking forward to TGS? It was seriously lacking last year. One of the deveoplers from Capcom (Keiji Inafune) even said "Man, Japan is over. We're done. Our game industry is finished.".
The year before wasn't much to discuss about, either. Then again, I wasn't looking out for the major releases.

Top post . SEGA had yet another boring showing . Can't see this years being any better , bar maybe a little hope for a new PSO game . That's about it

SEGA are just pathetic at the moment
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 01:43:53 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Stylista"
^^
this is unacceptable!

Do you think it might come down to budget/scaled back what was formerly Sega of America?

i don't think so , last year's E3 was even worse

Top post . SEGA had yet another boring showing . Can't see this years being any better , bar maybe a little hope for a new PSO game . That's about it

SEGA are just pathetic at the moment

don't you think that VC team would have something to show this year ??
also the rumored VF:FS port

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 02:10:00 pm »
Quote from: "matty"

Neither was E3 this year or the year before. Content for console wise, it was mostly dire, if it wasn't for Marvel vs Capcom 3, this E3 would have flown past me without a care or thought.

As for SEGA's showing at the Tokyo Game Show, safe bets tell me sequels to Phantasy Star Portable and another Yakuza game to be announced. Outside of that, I suppose we may see the 3DS Sonic game and Monkey Ball title, there are still a few Xbox360 titles SEGA have to announce that they have not revealed yet, but those could be anything right now.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 03:24:31 pm »
2 years ago was the worse E3. The one where they came back.  Horrible... Jesus was it bad.

Offline matty

• Total Meseta: 1
    • http://twitter.com/matty_125
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 04:50:32 pm »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
Neither was E3 this year or the year before. Content for console wise, it was mostly dire, if it wasn't for Marvel vs Capcom 3, this E3 would have flown past me without a care or thought.
I think it was one of the better E3 shows this generation. Last year was just PR bullshit, announcing games that won't appear till later *this* year or next year, showcasing how much "potential" these hardware editions are. You know the drill.
This year, gotta admit, I didn't give two-shits about the 3DS before, but it wasn't just "potential" talk this time - they actually had a list of some games I'm genuinely interested (AND showcased a few) in seeing what they do with it.
Still not planning on buying it at launch, though  8-)
And, hey, Twisted Metal - respect.

With TGS, though, last year there wasn't a damn thing worth looking at 'cept for what...FFXIII?
Anyway, does Sega usually load their stuff at TGS?

And, dammit man, we have E3 for gold like THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtKMqdMWNec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uydv-8AcLc

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 08:06:28 pm »
Check this poll:

http://www.cheatcc.com/pollsystem/pollR ... 06/19/2010

Only a few people voted for 'Sega'. That's a result of Sega's bad performance at this year's E3.

----

gamefaqs didn't select any Sega game for its poll http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=3946

---

Also, if you see any 'Best of E3' list from any site, Sega games were barely mentioned. Only a few ones remembered 'Vanquish'. Even 'Sonic 4' was forgotten!

:cry:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:17:35 pm by fernandeath »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 08:16:00 pm »
Well, I guess this E3 was bad for everyone.

Barely any actual E3-related trailers.

I'm with Aki-at, Marvel vs Capcom 3 was one of the things that kept me interested but not a lot was going on.

All conferences, bar Nintendo's were lackluster(I'm told Konami's and Ubisoft were really, really bad).

Sega did what it could with what they had. But the question is: Is E3 really worth the time and money to put up a booth and invest time and money on it, when they can make a private show for less with less hassle not be hampered by other competitors and being able to invite more serious jornalists?

Especially since Sega flat out just announced almost everything pre-E3.

Sonic Free Riders wasn't given a trailer and the DC games kinda kept a low profile.

It's weird because it feels like Sega is a big company, but with a niche mentality like Atlus. And they still make more money than Atlus would ever dream possible.

And Sega actually has established itself more in foreign than it's most direct competition, SquareEnix and Namco-Bandai, especially Namco-Bandai who can't advertise or market games even if their life depended on it.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 01:03:16 am »

They haven't long finished Val II , Its a bit early for any new project, more is if its on the next gen of consoles. And with SEGA cost cuttings I doubt their planned Canvas game for a while back, is still in production .

Well hope the new PSO makes a showing
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 09:38:53 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"

They haven't long finished Val II , Its a bit early for any new project, more is if its on the next gen of consoles. And with SEGA cost cuttings I doubt their planned Canvas game for a while back, is still in production .

Well hope the new PSO makes a showing

Val II was a portable game with far less effort and staff and even development time .
they most likely were working in something alongside Val II at the time when it was under development , unless if they are involved in the next PSO ? considering that they are both PS staff and Val staff sharing the same R&D Studio ?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 12:59:02 am »
Val II was a portable game with far less effort and staff and even development time .
they most likely were working in something alongside Val II at the time when it was under development , unless if they are involved in the next PSO ? considering that they are both PS staff and Val staff sharing the same R&D Studio ?

Val II used a lot of staff and spend over 2 years in production . Don't think just because it was PSP effort it was cheap and easy. Maybe they've got that planed Canvas game in production , then again maybe not. I'm sick of saying or looking forward too the Next E3 or the Next Tokyo Game show, because it just isn't happing.

I'm just going on what SEGA Japan Consumer teams  have shown, and In-House wise bar Sonic Team, its pretty dire and crap . End of Line
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is