Author Topic: sooo , what do you think of SEGA's Performance this E3 ??  (Read 10456 times)

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
sooo , what do you think of SEGA's Performance this E3 ??
« on: June 18, 2010, 11:49:22 am »
i will start with myself

Really Really disappointed ...
and before anyone starting this , i know that SEGA's line-up is actually good and even one of the best out there , but this is not an excuse for SEGA's laziness ! their showing proves that they did not even try to do something special for their fans in such a big event !

- the lack of any proper announcements ! Sonic Free Riders? no Kidding !!
- no any official or proper trailer for their games ! i mean come on !!!!!
- where is the support they were talking about for Natal & PS Move or even the downloadable stuff !! we know about sonic 4 since ages now

man i am shocked
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: sooo , what do you think of SEGA's Performance this E3 ??
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 12:06:58 pm »
Considering they didn't host a conference, I think they did well to time their latest announcements in the week leading up to E3.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 12:14:45 pm »
They didn't have a conference, they didnt throw us ANY bones, no suprises... hardly even any trailers just some show floor videos from visitors and press.

Sega at E3 was fucking poor.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 12:22:45 pm »
This is the new SEGA and you best get used to it . If I was Ueda-san and the like,  I would leave SEGA , because SEGA is all but Dead . No more Risk taking , no more sequels the fans are crying out for, not more Art, no more Vision, No longer leading in Tech or making games that push Online . Just endless sequels to Sonic, or Yakuza and cheap quick cash ins on shit like Natal

Sammy and Hajime Satomi Job Done , you've killed SEGA . Cheers !
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 01:10:55 pm »
I agree...
Might Sega indemnify us during the 'Tokyo Game Show'?

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 01:46:15 pm »
The main reason for that is Nagoshi, and not Satomi Hajime.

Nagoshi is the one who is leadering the CS section, and he has talked a lot about "why we can't have our sequels?" etc...

He is doing everything to make profits for Sega, since Satomi was very upset about the CS section of Sega.

At least they are really making profits. Bandai Namco is the one who will die soon releasing that amount of games. Sega is not doing that anymore.

But I'm sure Sega will surprise us at TGS, and I will be there  8-)

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 01:48:31 pm »
I have to disagree. Considering Sega track record of bad game in the past, me and Nux couldn't find a stinker at the booth. Even Tournament of Legends, as generic as the characters are, was fun to play. Sonic 4 was very good, but still has room for improvement. Sonic Colors was incredible and pretty much EXACTLY what I've been wanting from a Sonic game.Vanquish could easily beat Gears of War 2. It's that damn good.

Funny thing with Sonic 4. The non-Sonic fans were crazy over it and felt it was really old school despite the homing attack.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 02:09:06 pm »
Is it really reasonable to expect to be surprised by anything they announce at the show, considering the combination of leaks and borderline obsessive-compulsive internet trawling that goes on these days?  It's as though you have installed surveillance systems in every room, closet, bureau and drawer in your house, and then you are disappointed that your folks couldn't surprise you on xmas.  

Furthermore, I suspect a lot of the disappointment and surprisingly intense anguish about all this has a bit more to do with some people's coming to grips with moving on from their youth at least as much as anything that Sega is doing "wrong."  If you could retrace the steps in your mind when you went from being a fan of their work to an embittered critic, impotently trying to chart the course of Sega with your willpower, then you might find a pathway back to enjoying their videogames.  Sega changes like any company, studio, band, artist, community changes.  But for heaven's sake, take responsibility for the ways you have changed too, and keep it in perspective.

Offline matty

• Total Meseta: 1
    • http://twitter.com/matty_125
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 02:30:47 pm »
^Agreed!

That said, Sega does well enough on their own through the year, anyway. Companies like Rockstar, NISA and such pull back a bit at E3 and do things later when the focus can be on them and probably when they're able reveal more stuff like games. Good idea considering the talk of the town is gonna be the 3DS for a while.
It's no big deal they didn't bring any oomph. Just think of all the press they got for Sonic 4 earlier in the year.

By the way, did they even give a specific date for that game, yet?

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 02:42:45 pm »
I wonder if SEGA didn't have all their stuff leaked they would have had some suprises?

Offline STORM!

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 02:45:55 pm »
Quote from: "Monkeroony"
I wonder if SEGA didn't have all their stuff leaked they would have had some suprises?

They have announced most of the games before E3, and Sega still hiring people to work and test games "for the West market" in Japan(since last year), as you can see at Sega's hp.

So, I think this was not the problem.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 04:35:35 pm »
Quote from: "STORM!"
The main reason for that is Nagoshi, and not Satomi Hajime.

Nagoshi is the one who is leadering the CS section, and he has talked a lot about "why we can't have our sequels?" etc...

He is doing everything to make profits for Sega, since Satomi was very upset about the CS section of Sega.

At least they are really making profits. Bandai Namco is the one who will die soon releasing that amount of games. Sega is not doing that anymore.

But I'm sure Sega will surprise us at TGS, and I will be there  8-)

Is this just your typical wind up bullsh8t ?. I don't want to get started on Nagoshi-san . Yes he done wonders on spending 25 million plus per game for a game that only appeals to one market and needs to sell 500,000 just or break even. Yes he' done wonder to kill one of the most creative forces inside SEGA what was left of the SmileBit team .People still waiting for his wonder Worldwide game . You couldn't make it up that it happens to be a shooter (what is to be Human) and just complete bullshit on paper

Namco at least they had the good sense to sign up Demon Souls, and SEGA consumer Teams still aren't making profits
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline STORM!

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 03:15:56 am »
Nagoshi is the one who made a lot of profitable games for Sega which had appeal enough for the worlwide market. Super Monkeyball and Daytona USA are the best examples.

Panzer Dragoon Orta was a big fail. People want a sequel to it, but Nagoshi don't and will not make another one. Same thing to Shenmue; he does'nt want it, since he knows it will not make profits for Sega.

Bandai Namco has good sense? Where? LOLOLOL!!! Selling a single arcade cabinet for zillions of yens is having good sense now?  :roll:   I hope they die soon as possible!

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 03:33:51 am »
Quote from: "STORM!"
Nagoshi is the one who made a lot of profitable games for Sega which had appeal enough for the worlwide market. Super Monkeyball and Daytona USA are the best examples.

Panzer Dragoon Orta was a big fail. People want a sequel to it, but Nagoshi don't and will not make another one. Same thing to Shenmue; he does'nt want it, since he knows it will not make profits for Sega.

Bandai Namco has good sense? Where? LOLOLOL!!! Selling a single arcade cabinet for zillions of yens is having good sense now?  :roll:   I hope they die soon as possible!

Daytona USA 2001 was an horrendous flop on the consoles . Monkey Ball a game that sold well in the past, not now , and a IP that just been killed with lazy Wii Sequels, and his Yakuza game are such a hit on the world wide stage aren't they . Oh He's the man alight.

And yeah NAMCO have made some nice signings. Demon Souls for the Europe , ENSLAVED, Test Drive Unlimited II, Knights Contract ,Majin  Ect . I don't like the group the either, but they're not much worse than SEGA at the mo.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Alex Supersonic

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 06:25:25 am »
I'm disappointed too from SEGA for this E3. There was nothing special, no trailers, no homepage (the last Gamescom in Cologne had a own site with trailers, news, updates etc).

But at least we got some new game announced (Shogun, Yakuza 4 West, Sonic Free Riders, Sonic Colors and Dreamcast games). So it's not that bad.

Gamescom and TGS will be better :)
[size=85]-----
former known as Ali[/size]