Author Topic: Sega to delist bad Sonic titles  (Read 12594 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Sega to delist bad Sonic titles
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2010, 01:42:06 am »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Would you try to tell me that you didn't have to memorize anything with the Ninja Gaiden trilogy? That you just breezed through all those games on your very first attempt? :roll: Yeah, maybe if you used an emulator and cheated with save states, I'd believe it.

Most of the deaths in those games do not come from OHGODHOLDTHEBOOSTBUTTONORLOSE while on water with bombs and spikes everywhere. Ninja Gaiden had demonic birds, but certainly nothing like that. You usually came to expect some stupid stuff in the Ninja Gaiden games, but you were never rushed into them or timed or anything.

I like the game too, but believe it or not, the game is not really that great. Random QTEs are the best example of this, just stupid bullshit design. The original Ninja Gaiden games had nowhere near as much bad design as that. And it is also like a set of 25 year old games now and were never designed with children in mind. I much rather hand children those games than Sonic Unleashed, just because they are not as frustrating.

Oldschool challenge my ass. Play Bayonetta.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2010, 02:34:41 am »
Bayonetta wasn't really that hard, thanks to the healing items. Playing without healing items though... holy shit that would be tough, evidenced by the Lost Level where you run the gauntlet without any items.

Also, God Hand is probably the best example I can think of a game that was really hard but really fair. Also Comic Jumper and Splosion Man.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 06:31:50 am »
Which sonic games would each of you 'delist' ?

Are 'spin-offs' included?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2010, 07:05:33 am »
All of them. All games get 'Delisted' when they stop selling, it sounds to me like Sega is just trying to spin this into something positive when every company does it.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2010, 09:37:50 am »
I shudder to think that someone somewhere is still buying Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 for either PS3 or Xbox 360. That's a spooky thought.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2010, 12:30:21 pm »
Unless it is even lower now than last night Sonic the Hedgehog 4 had a 71 on Metacritic and was going down fast. If it goes down just two more points SEGA will have to delist it or else we knew they were just trying to get PR the whole time.

[youtube:bfamx3u0]1ytCEuuW2_A[/youtube:bfamx3u0]

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2010, 01:17:08 pm »
Funny thing is, Sonic The Hedgehog Episode 1 has a 75 Metacritic score for the PS3 version while the Wii version once again is a stunning 80.

Once again, it's the 360 version that gets the most attention from everyone, but as such, ii's one of those cases where I feel that the Xbox 360 Universe in general is more hostile towards Sonic and Sega.

Offline matty

• Total Meseta: 1
    • http://twitter.com/matty_125
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2010, 01:38:00 pm »
Quote from: "max_cady"
I shudder to think that someone somewhere is still buying Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 for either PS3 or Xbox 360. That's a spooky thought.
I kind of want to try it just to see what's so crazy about it.

That's another thing, too; I appreciate Sega acknowledging the lesser quality titles, but outright smiting them?
And above that, using MetaCritic for that basis? That thing is too damn powerful. Sorry, it's a neat tool for users to use for reference or source, but for anything else it just feels whack. Sure, they made "bad" games, but you would think they would show a little pride in them, too. Maybe my "philosophy" of games are outdated or just don't work in today's industry.

Not to mention, some of my favorite games score at an "less than average" 50, if they get listed at all.
I hate ratings  :evil:

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2010, 03:18:01 pm »
Quote from: "max_cady"
Funny thing is, Sonic The Hedgehog Episode 1 has a 75 Metacritic score for the PS3 version while the Wii version once again is a stunning 80.

Once again, it's the 360 version that gets the most attention from everyone, but as such, ii's one of those cases where I feel that the Xbox 360 Universe in general is more hostile towards Sonic and Sega.
No, the 360 version's Metacritic score is out of 35 reviews. The Wii version's Metacritic score is out of only 8 reviews. So you can't really go by that.

Once the Wii version's page is updated with the rest of the reviews, it'll have a lower score.