Author Topic: SEGAbits community buying guide  (Read 11961 times)

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGAbits community buying guide
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2010, 07:16:45 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
That is what Fluffy said about Bayonetta.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Have any proof to back your claim up? 'Cause if not, you'll just be considered a liar. :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2010, 07:59:40 pm »
You called it a re-skinned Devil May Cry. You have said that and similar things a lot, it is not the truth though, which is obvious to people who played both.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2010, 08:15:56 pm »
So before you claimed I called it a GTA4 reskin, and now you're claiming that I called it a re-skinned Devil May Cry? Which is it? And again, where's the proof?

Also, I have a feeling that I could look at any gaming website - any at all - and I'll find that they've drawn comparisons between Bayonetta and Devil May Cry before.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 08:34:05 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
So before you claimed I called it a GTA4 reskin, and now you're claiming that I called it a re-skinned Devil May Cry? Which is it? And again, where's the proof?

I never meant it was a Grand Theft Auto IV re-skin, I guess my post does not look that way, but we all know you, and we all know what you have said about the game, so it should be obvious to most members. You have said it is extremely similar to Devil May Cry dozens of times, do not even try to argue with that. I think you even stated it the front page a few days ago.

Also, I have a feeling that I could look at any gaming website - any at all - and I'll find that they've drawn comparisons between Bayonetta and Devil May Cry before.

What is your point? I have seen people compare Little Big Planet's physics to Sonic the Hedgehog 2's, does not mean it is right. Nintendo Power said that, BTW  :lol:

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 08:43:45 pm »
I never meant it was a Grand Theft Auto IV re-skin, I guess my post does not look that way, but we all know you, and we all know what you have said about the game, so it should be obvious to most members. You have said it is extremely similar to Devil May Cry dozens of times, do not even try to argue with that. I think you even stated it the front page a few days ago.
Well duh, of course it's similar to the Devil May Cry games. They're both games with hack and slash action gameplay, they both have a similar Japanese gothic feel to them, and (not surprisingly) they share a history with a common director.

What is your point? I have seen people compare Little Big Planet's physics to Sonic the Hedgehog 2's, does not mean it is right. Nintendo Power said that, BTW  :lol:
If it was only one source, then it's not a common comparison. DMC to Bayonetta is a common comparison.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 09:01:25 pm »
they both have a similar Japanese gothic feel to them

Bayonetta does not feature many gothic themes at all. Play the game, I guess?

If it was only one source, then it's not a common comparison. DMC to Bayonetta is a common comparison.

It is not the only place I have heard it actually, I was just stating such a big name could confuse things that are not similar at all.

Every action game released within the past five years has always been compared to God of War, Devil May Cry and to a lesser extent Ninja Gaiden. Bayonetta is closer to Streets of Rage than any of those titles. People are now thinking if a new Shinobi comes out, it will be like the titles I just mentioned because they think the series is a beatemup too, when the bulk of the franchise is closer to a 'run n gun' series.

My point is that the videogame press is largely a joke.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 09:16:20 pm »
Bayonetta does not feature many gothic themes at all. Play the game, I guess?
I've seen plenty of playthroughs, screenshots, promotional materials, and in-game cinematics of it, so I believe that counts for something. Yes, it is Japanese gothic manga feel to its core. It applies to everything from the character designs, the promotional art, the cutscenes, and many of the stages.

It has a heaven and hell thematics, with a witch as the main character. It totally has a Japanese gothic manga feel to it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:33:41 pm by fluffymoochicken »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 09:33:00 pm »
Thanks for keeping it civil, but this is really veering off topic now. Either take it to PMs or make a new topic if you want to continue, but don't do it here.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 09:34:42 pm »
Thanks, MadeMan. I was getting bored of discussing it anyway. :P

I'll have my Wii recommendations posted up before long, I hope! ^__^

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2010, 05:02:54 am »
There's a long way between Japanese gothic manga and environments clearly inspired by European architecture.

Vigrid in Bayonetta (Chapter 1)

Parc Guell in Barcelona, Spain.

Just saying. [/offtopic]

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2010, 06:21:14 am »
Updated with a few titles, only 360 atm. Anything that does not deserve to be on the list?