Author Topic: Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Version B announced  (Read 10165 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Version B announced
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 01:09:51 pm »
So long as they don't make VF6 like Tekken 7. Super moves and armored moves and all sorts of bullshit that I don't want anywhere near my VF.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 03:13:21 pm »
So long as they don't make VF6 like Tekken 7. Super moves and armored moves and all sorts of bullshit that I don't want anywhere near my VF.

Amen to that!

I don't mind if they make a billion silly costumes that have no affect on gameplay to satiate that crowd, which seems to be the direction VF has been going.

VF is a glowing example of how to perfect the gameplay throughout a series.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 05:05:18 pm »
It's fair to point out they haven't had tournaments in the west; so Ill concede that.

I think what I'm trying to say is that the series looked like it was becoming more mainstream (relatively speaking) with VF4 and Evo in the west. VF4 sold something like 5 or 600k in America, Evo did really well as well. VF5 came out 2 years after Evo, and only three years after VF4. Since 2005, the series hasn't seen any serious overhauls at all. Except for diehards, the series has sort of left the conscious of the average gamer, who Sega was finally starting to sell to, because Sega's just marginally updating this or that and calling it a day: they're taking a game from 2005 and patching and modding it and throwing in what's tantamount to DLC and leaving it at that. I'm glad they're supporting VF5, but they need to move on. They aren't expanding the market. VF has become niche again, and that's a lost opportunity.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:07:26 pm by jonboy101 »

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 07:49:19 pm »
They really need to not put in comeback mechanics please, like Rage in Tekken/Smash 4 (yargh...) or x-factor from MVC3.There's a similar damage boosting mechanic in Soul Calibur V but I can't remember what it's called. I think that was the first SC to have super moves in it.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 03:43:43 am »
They aren't expanding the market. VF has become niche again, and that's a lost opportunity.

VF will always be niche imo; Its just too deep and doesn't rely on fancy in your fancy moves, hip soundtracks  or stunning FMV intro's (which the America seemed to love back in the day) . To master VF takes months and months of studying and masters each character and to me most people in the west just don't have the time or the will to do that and in many ways I feel VF 5 was a bit of step backwards to VF 4 Evo.

It's hard to see where the Team can go other than offering more characters and updated graphics . I hope the reason for the delay is AM#2 waiting for a mighty impressive Arcade board from the R&D boys and looking to bring in interactive environments and undulating environments (like from VF 3) , maybe dynamic weather  and what not just to bring some freshness into the mix . I also wish AM#2 would think about making a Fighting Megamix 2 for the consoles and make that more casual for the gamer and easier to get into
[size=78%] [/size] 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 05:57:16 am »
I agree on most points; VF5 did seem like a step back from Evo for sure. To be fair, I think Evo was the best fighting game ever made and it will be damn near impossible to top it. That being said, I agree that the hope is that VF6 is a game changer. On that front, the hardware guys haven't exactly launched a great board in a while, either.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 06:17:45 am »
I agree on most points; VF5 did seem like a step back from Evo for sure. To be fair, I think Evo was the best fighting game ever made and it will be damn near impossible to top it. That being said, I agree that the hope is that VF6 is a game changer. On that front, the hardware guys haven't exactly launched a great board in a while, either.

VF 4 is with out doubt still the best Fighting game ever made, it was and is  an incredible achievement by AM#2 on the PS2 and the Arcade quest mode was years and years ahead of it time (and the piss poor Edge review of it , still pisses me off) . VF 5 was a step backwards in some ways and its really hard to see how the Team can make the sort of impact VF 2, II or IV did unless they bring in some major changes to the environments and VF 6 is launched on some serious new Arcade board from SEGA. 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 08:38:14 am »
I bet they will do Free2Play and Smartphone intergration.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 09:17:39 am »
I think what I'm trying to say is that the series looked like it was becoming more mainstream (relatively speaking) with VF4 and Evo in the west. VF4 sold something like 5 or 600k in America, Evo did really well as well. VF5 came out 2 years after Evo, and only three years after VF4.

To be fair most of the major fighting series have seen massive downturn in their popularity last generation. You had massive hits like Street Fighter IV sure but when you consider the decline of Tekken, Soul Caliber, Virtua Fighter etc the genre in general has taken a massive nose dive in popularity.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 09:21:26 am »
I'd really love to know what the sales were like for Final Showdown to date. It sold 300k in 2 weeks, so I wouldn't be surprised if it surpassed 600k by now.

Not to mention it was a PSN+ Free game, so I imagine Sony paid some flat rate or bulk buy scenario for that which would have helped considerably.

I'd be more than happy for the next VF iteration to be pure digital download like FS was. Xbone, PS4 and PC release would be amazing. I also like the budget price point for the base game with options to flesh the game out via costume packs and whatnot.

EDIT: I just checked the front page to see if this was posted.  "Ohh 4 comments let's see what my fellow VF fans feel about this."

well i am glad but it will be really cool if they release sonic unleashed for the pc
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:24:06 am by MadeManG74 »