Author Topic: Professor Layton and Ace Attorney crossover  (Read 7137 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Professor Layton and Ace Attorney crossover
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 07:27:08 pm »
Quote from: "Mengels7"
But c'mon, we're in the general gaming discussion thread. I can be realistic here and not a blind Sega fanboy right? And yes, I know Yakuza is bigger than PSO is, but I'm sure the majority of the members here are more excited about a sequel to one of their favorite epic Dreamcast games rather than the sixth, er, seventh, Yakuza game that is a zombie spinoff. It is cool yes, but I guess I just don't feel any excitement about that. Sorry. I'm a huge Phoenix Wright fan and the last game actually featuring him as the main character was from 2007 whereas Kazuma has had 6 Yakuza games since 2005 now.

I'd say it be better to never be a blind fanboy, of anything. I think you'll find I happen not to act like that, nor an irrational fan either, or else I would have owned Sonic 4 and Sonic Racing, neither of which I do.

As for what series is bigger or who anticipates what, it's fair argument if we were actively discussing popularity, but neither are we talking about that nor was I saying more people are looking forward to Yakuza of the End than Phantasy Star Online 2, all I said was Yakuza of the End is probably much more cooler than this crossover title in which your response happened to bring in who actively takes an interest in the series or the title and as I point out, it does not really matter since we mostly discuss niche titles (And Yakuza has sold  roughly the same as Ace Attorney) on this site.

And Phantasy Star Online had a sequel, many sequels actually, PSO Epi. II, Epi. IV, Phantasy Star Universe, Ambition of the Illuminus, Phantasy Star Zero, Phantasy Star Portable, Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Phantasy Star Portable Infinity. They may not be called PSO2, but then for coperations a name is just a name, and like Sonic the Hedgehog 4, SEGA are hoping that it'll give them commercial success by just having that name attached.

As for Kazuma, he does not appear in the Yakuza PSP game, neither is he as much of a major character as he is normally in Yakuza 4 or Yakuza of the End, if anything, Yakuza of the End will either be his last game, or close to it. And besides, I did not say Kazuma was the sole reason people were getting excited about Yakuza of the End or why it was cool, or did you forget Majima and Goda?

But you're right, we're on a Sega forum, and you're all allowed to compare this to the new Yakuza and bash it. Sorry. Let's not fight. I don't want to recreate the Team Andromeda/ROJM battle that ruined my last thread.

If you think me retorting your quote and using Yakuza of the End as an example of a cooler game amounts to bashing this crossover title, I think you might be a bit too defensive about this title. Which I could understand if I said either series were terrible, however I did not.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 03:42:41 am »
Keiji Inafune was "80 per cent certain" that the company would refuse Level 5's request to collaborate on a crossover Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright game, the Capcom producer has revealed in an interview.

"I thought it would be impossible," he said in an interview in this today's Weekly Famitsu, translated by Eurogamer, in which he spoke alongside his Level 5 compatriot Akihiro Hino.

Inafune said that he didn't expect veteran Phoenix Wright director Shu Takumi to agree to the project because "Phoenix Wright is handled very carefully within Capcom" - also joking that he expected it to be difficult since Takumi is someone who "doesn't listen to what people say".
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... t-happened
Is Capcom desperate or what?

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 06:14:17 am »
So.... is there any kind of explanation as to why Mr. Wright's clothing and general looks are out of place with the world around him?

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 12:05:29 am »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
Cube go suck it. Or play Sonic 06, whichever you find more appealing. This is amazing. Cooler than anything Sega-related coming out, save for maybe PSO2. I am so pumped. And Capcom isn't "desperate" with this. If you go read some of the history on it, Level 5 approached the Ace Attorney guy about a crossover, not the other way around.

Yakuza of the End disagrees.

While I think Mengels7 is a deplorable person because he resorts to personal attacks,  I don't find Yakuza of the End anything special... As all it did was Rip Capcom off, the fucking Lickers are even in the game, could it be anymore off a rip off.

And desperation? Safe for the fact that Lost Planet 2, Bionic Commando, Super Street Fighter IV, Dark Void, RE: Dark Chronicles 2 etc all bombed and Dead Rising 2 seemingly destined to follow that trend, I think deperation is the level they're getting towards. Especially the fact that they have to sell 3 to 4 million to make any game productions financial viable for them.

It was a stupid decision to release Dark Chronicles for the Wii they should've just released it for MOVE, I would love it if they could port the Chronicle games and give it a Resident Evil 5 quality overall.

Super Street Fighter 4 which is essentially an update, did better then it should have.

Hopefully Dead Rising 2 will meet the expectations, it is truly a better game in contrast to Bionic Commanda and Lost Planet.

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 12:24:34 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
Quote from: "Aki-at"
Cube go suck it. Or play Sonic 06, whichever you find more appealing. This is amazing. Cooler than anything Sega-related coming out, save for maybe PSO2. I am so pumped. And Capcom isn't "desperate" with this. If you go read some of the history on it, Level 5 approached the Ace Attorney guy about a crossover, not the other way around.

Yakuza of the End disagrees.

While I think Mengels7 is a deplorable person because he resorts to personal attacks,  I don't find Yakuza of the End anything special... As all it did was Rip Capcom off, the fucking Lickers are even in the game, could it be anymore off a rip off.

And desperation? Safe for the fact that Lost Planet 2, Bionic Commando, Super Street Fighter IV, Dark Void, RE: Dark Chronicles 2 etc all bombed and Dead Rising 2 seemingly destined to follow that trend, I think deperation is the level they're getting towards. Especially the fact that they have to sell 3 to 4 million to make any game productions financial viable for them.

It was a stupid decision to release Dark Chronicles for the Wii they should've just released it for MOVE, I would love it if they could port the Chronicle games and give it a Resident Evil 5 quality overall.

Super Street Fighter 4 which is essentially an update, did better then it should have.

Hopefully Dead Rising 2 will meet the expectations, it is truly a better game in contrast to Bionic Commanda and Lost Planet.

Apologies for the "personal attack." Didn't intend it like that.  Was just very very excited about the game and wasn't thinking.  *hug*

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 12:47:58 am »
Valkyra Chronicles 3, Yakuza of the End is all SEGA needs.

Offline ManagedCorn

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 12:41:11 pm »
It really needs to come to NA.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 01:27:41 pm »
Quote from: "ManagedCorn"
It really needs to come to NA.

I don't see why it wouldn't. All the other Layton/Ace Attorney titles have or are on their way.
I'd imagine Capcom will publish it in the West.