Author Topic: Thinking of Selling my 360?  (Read 16444 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Thinking of Selling my 360?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 09:04:29 am »
I was embarrassed when Sonic '06 showed up on my gamertag.

Sonic's battle with Silver made me, for the first time, truly and fully hate something Sonic. Sonic's White Acropolis stage killed a part of my brain.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 10:48:29 am »
Quote from: "Radrappy"
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Actually, I don't enjoy Sonic 06 in the slightest, I think it's the single worst game I've ever had the displeasure to play, but I also think that Sonic Colours is pretty mediocre.

So if Sonic Colours is like a Pizza that tastes kinda so-so, then Sonic 06 is like eating razor blades tipped in acid.

You should play Atari ET, or Bubble Ghost (any platform).  Those are the worst two games ever.

So?  He's saying 06 is the worst game HE'S ever played.  What does listing worse games have to do with anything?

This topic is about Cube selling his 360, so what does your getting angry about Sonic 06 have to donwith anything?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 11:49:15 am »
I sold my 360, not really missing it. Rumor is that Microsoft is already getting ready for a new system. I would not doubt it, 360's line up is getting poor (exclusive wise) it is obvious that they are moving most teams to another platform. We shall see.

But as of right now, I don't like Gears of War, so I'm happy with PS3/Wii only.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 12:04:25 pm »
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
This topic is about Cube selling his 360, so what does your getting angry about Sonic 06 have to donwith anything?

I'm not angry, I just didn't understand what you were trying to say.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 01:37:34 pm »
I don't wanna be the guy defending sonic 06... I aknowledge that it was a terrible game, but I don't know. Some of the stages were jst really excellent. It started the same with me. I bought the game, hated it and got saints row instead the first time, which was a great decision. Than I found it somewhere for 5 euro and bought it again just to "own" one of the many sonic games I have.

The new xbox dashboard was out and the new install feature was now there. Installing the game did reduce a bit of the loading times and I decided to finish the game.

I found out that it did have some good stuff. Basically everything about the game sucks imo, except for what they were aiming for with the way sonic stages should be done in 3d. Speed and action/platforming were balanced. It sucked that the game was a total unfinished mess. Even if it were fnished, a lot of the decisions they made by making the world realistic, having the worst story line in a sonic game ever and the hub worlds would still make it an average package. I think finishing the game got me used to the crappy controls and made me see some positive light :S. I really love some of the stages and sometime I wished that the game would be redone but done right. But I guess that's too late :P.

Anyway, selling your 360 ain't really a bad decision. The 360 has a great library of games, but it seems ps3  gonna shit on 360 this year. It just shows that PS3 even though it had a slow start, are always about quality games. Even though in the early days I used to hate ps because of sega still being in the console business, I can aknowledge now after playing lots of ps games, that sony really has a lot in common with SEGA. Originality and quality games. I recently got a ps3 and I don't even use my 360 anymore. SEGA games like valkyria and yakuza totally won me over, but also sony games like infamous, killzone and resistance and alot more. I recently bought MvC 3 for the ps3 and the ps3 controller is so much better for fighting games.

The only reason i'm keaping my 360 is because I don't really ever sell my stuff, knowing that I might regret when something awesome comes out. I guess you should think about it. If your desperate about cash, than go for it. If you got it well, i'd say why not keep it.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 02:26:13 pm »
Xbox had a few great years, then left in a wimper, I expect the 360 to pretty much follow. Sony's consoles always have a slow software start, then leave rather well with strong titles.

I will most likely buy the next Xbox if it does all the right moves (Play 360/XBLA, faster interface, more things to do)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 02:45:10 pm »
Playing 360 games and being Kinect compatible is a must for a next XBOX console. I'd assume that's the plan, 360 and Kinect for a few more years then release the 720 (or whatever it is) but offer a smooth transition by allowing all the XBOX LIVE stuff to transfer seamlessly (games, saves, all the info), 360 backwards compatibility (and maybe original XBOX BC?) and allow for deeper Kinect integration. I'd hate to have a complete console reboot, but would gladly upgrade if it meant I could still use my Kinect, 360 games and all my LIVE stuff. Original XBOX games I'm not too bothered about losing support for.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 04:09:30 pm »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"
The only reason i'm keaping my 360 is because I don't really ever sell my stuff, knowing that I might regret when something awesome comes out. I guess you should think about it. If your desperate about cash, than go for it. If you got it well, i'd say why not keep it.

I have to beat a few games (Alan Wake, Condemned 2 and one more), i'm going to hang on to it till September, basically I bought it for RE5 and the game disappointed.

Secondly a better version of the game with move controls is on PS3, so i'm going with that.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 04:32:24 pm »
I loved Sonic 06 at first, but think it is easily the worst in the main series. I prefer it's style to Colors, but not with the weird dark shit or how Mephiles exists or the love stories or... Well basically everything. I hate when people say the game is not finished, the title just obviously had poor direction with no idea what they wanted to do. They did not focus on the fundamentals or anything, the game just sucks. Colors has some pretty good gameplay design, but... worse music I guess?

My only real issues with Colors are that I do not like the art in some of the worlds (Candy/burger level is some of the worst art design I have ever seen in a SEGA game, seriously), there should not be 6 acts for each of them, the story is so boring and there are no extras.

Sonic Unleashed is better than all of them combined. Werehog and all. When I first finished it, I could not believe how angry the whole game made me, but when I replayed it last year I actually enjoyed it a lot. Throw out the frustration factor and it is a pretty great game.

I like how George looks at games though, ignore all great games that came out before, only look at ones coming out. That is how PlayStation people pretend they have things to look forward to, when it is just the same crap on all platforms.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 01:25:50 am »
The Wii version of unleashed is crap, while the Hedgehog Engine version look and plays worlds better, it still sucks, as the entire stage can be finished with the boost button and the occasional jump I don't like why people like the day time levels of Unleashed. They are too fast and are covered with invisible walls.

As for the Direction of 06, the director of the game left during development with 10 other designers. I am pretty sure he asked to push the dead line, before walking out.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 03:05:27 pm »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
The Wii version of unleashed is crap, while the Hedgehog Engine version look and plays worlds better, it still sucks, as the entire stage can be finished with the boost button and the occasional jump I don't like why people like the day time levels of Unleashed. They are too fast and are covered with invisible walls.

As for the Direction of 06, the director of the game left during development with 10 other designers. I am pretty sure he asked to push the dead line, before walking out.

The Wii version of Unleashed is one of the worst Sonic games of all time in my opinion.

But you got the idea all wrong with the HD versions of Unleashed. It is true the gameplay focuses on speed too often and could have been a lot better in some parts, with areas being too frustrating, but at least it is not consistently glitchy and poorly designed. Like the high speed sections of 06, there were sections you could get stuck and Sonic would tumble in place, or how random shrapnel like a car door could kill you in the blink of an eye randomly. Piece of fucking shit!

I would prefer the adventure fields to be focused on platforming above all, but some of the side missions the characters you talked to gave you were actually really cool and well designed. I have an overly soft spot for them because they are inspired by Yakuza substories.

Overall at least we can all agree that the Genesis games are a billion times better than all of these combined.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 04:46:21 pm »
I prefer Adventure 1 & 2 over the Genesis games.

....and a few more heads explodes.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 01:20:34 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
I prefer Adventure 1 & 2 over the Genesis games.

....and a few more heads explodes.

You also think that SVC Chaos is better than Capcom vs SNK 2 because it has still image endings.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 01:59:34 am »
I haven't played SVC:Chaos and just thought SNK spent a lot more time developing the game, to deliver a complete experience. Where as Capcom really delivered a half hearted game even though it is probably the most played game in my life.

Spent 10 straight years with it.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 01:41:35 pm »
Just because it has new sprites and pictures for the end scenes? You are wrong.

Capcom vs SNK 2 was Capcom's second most expensive fighting game at the time, and that is only because in Street Fighter III they went all out in every category. They only reused sprites in CvS2 because it is what the fans specifically asked.

Anyways, I think Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are wonderful games, but Sonic 1 2 and 3 are literal triumphs of technology and game design. They are monumental. You cannot compare these to "Really good games".