Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken first Gameplay  (Read 9555 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken first Gameplay
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 02:40:24 pm »
Quote from: "CosmicCastaway"
I've been thinking though, where is Jin? Isn't he like the banner character of Tekken kinda like Akira is to Virtua Fighter or Ryu is to Street Fighter? I think it's odd he isn't among this first line-up of characters.

Well Jin's mentioned by Kazuya in the cinematic trailer at least. Although he's pretty much going to be in Tekken X Street Fighter along with his Devil side as well as Evil Ryu from what the only artwork Namco showed for it implies.

Quote from: "SOUP"
I didn't really see what I was most hoping for in the trailer. Mainly, what the Tekken character movesets from a 3D fighter will look like in a 2D fighting model. The trailer's basically a Street Fighter IV clip with Tekken character models getting beat up.

I think this might be the trailer to watch for that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cdzWvVWRCI
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 06:18:16 pm »
Quote from: "George"
DLC is fairly priced for the Arcade stuff. Its reasonable.. but its not reasonable that it wasn't included in the 3DS release.

I really think that if they tried to include AE stuff on the 3DS release, they would have missed the launch window. And like I said, the 3DS version is a novelty, not the standard to fighting games so it doesn't really matter too much anyway.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 03:16:54 pm »
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is a downloadable novelty. Who cares, just throw stuff together. The fans do not matter.

It is mostly bullshit that they revealed the DLC stuff literally RIGHT AFTER Street Fighter IV 3D came out. It has only been two weeks and we have a solid launch date for the better version.

Also, Super Marvel vs Capcom 3 was leaked. Try and defend that too, I guess.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 03:27:42 pm »
Quote from: "CosmicCastaway"
I've been thinking though, where is Jin? Isn't he like the banner character of Tekken kinda like Akira is to Virtua Fighter or Ryu is to Street Fighter? I think it's odd he isn't among this first line-up of characters.

Let's See.

He was the banner character.

Tekken had a very unique take on any fighting games i've ever played as the protagonist didn't enter the game till the third entry in the franchise.

However fans of the series, just like Sonic fans ruined the franchise for me and others when they demanded Kazuya be resurrected.

Since Kazuya has returned the series is a mess and at the moment it appears that Kazuya is the banner character once again.

Quote from: "cube_b3"
Yeah it is bull shit, sucking consumers dry.

You don't get to use the extra costumes unless you buy them though even with the SSF4, in both games the alternate costumes are already on disk!

With SSF4 a trailer was made showing the alternate costumes, but that can be chalked to Capcom's false advertising.

I think you are over-reacting. They have a right to charge for optional content that they've created. I know it's on the disc, but it's only costumes, not like it affects the gameplay in any way.[/quote]

Alternate costumes are a staple point in 3D Fighters, why?

Because they are easy to make in 2D, you'd have to draw a seperate sprite in 3D you just cover the models with different clothes.

Dead or Alive had about half a dozen costumes for certain characters.
Soul Calibur has alternate costumes.
Tekken has alternate costumes.
Virtua Fighter has the most expansive customization tools known to fighters.
King of Fighters : Maximum Impact was a dud, a failure. But it had alternate costumes which were awesome.

I was so looking forward to alternate costumes for the classic characters, CAPCOM knew they were expected but they robbed us and held them at ransom!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 03:22:54 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is a downloadable novelty. Who cares, just throw stuff together. The fans do not matter.

One, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they actually said when making that game, and Two; 3DS Street Fighter isn't called Street Fighter 5, it's Super Street Fighter 4: 3D, which is EXACTLY what you get.

If Sonic 4 had a retail alternative that was actually living up to the name then it wouldn't be so bad because the FANS would buy the 'proper' retail version. Kind of like how the FANS of Street Fighter will be playing Super Street Fighter IV/Arcade Edition on HD consoles with Arcade sticks rather than on a pissy handheld screen with an analogue nub. Over wi-fi.

It is mostly bullshit that they revealed the DLC stuff literally RIGHT AFTER Street Fighter IV 3D came out. It has only been two weeks and we have a solid launch date for the better version.

The better version that is on a completely different platform. I'm not sure what you are getting at. Would you complain about Sonic Colours DS not being the exact same game as Sonic Colours on Wii? Besides, Nintendo was backing Super Street on 3DS, and if Capcom delayed it and couldn't get it ready for launch there would be hell to pay.

Also, Super Marvel vs Capcom 3 was leaked. Try and defend that too, I guess.

Also, Virtua Fighter 5 R was released. Try and defend that too, I guess.

Also, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown was released. Try and defend that too, I guess.

Also, every fighting game ever made in the last 20 years (barring a few exceptions) followed this exact same pattern. Try and defend that too, I guess.

Alternate costumes are a staple point in 3D Fighters, why?

Because they are easy to make in 2D, you'd have to draw a seperate sprite in 3D you just cover the models with different clothes.

Dead or Alive had about half a dozen costumes for certain characters.
Soul Calibur has alternate costumes.
Tekken has alternate costumes.
Virtua Fighter has the most expansive customization tools known to fighters.
King of Fighters : Maximum Impact was a dud, a failure. But it had alternate costumes which were awesome.

I was so looking forward to alternate costumes for the classic characters, CAPCOM knew they were expected but they robbed us and held them at ransom!

This is quite possibly the single silliest thing I've ever read on these forums.

I'll attempt to answer this sensibly though:
I agree that alternate costumes in 3D are easy to make, but that doesn't mean they are integral to the game in any way. They are a fun side novelty/vanity piece that doesn't affect the game in any meaningful way whatsoever.

Capcom did not 'rob you and hold you to ransom' in any way. They never said that the alternate costumes would be free, if you expected that then that's YOUR error. I may as well complain that Sega 'robbed me and held me to ransom' because Sonic Unleashed had DLC levels and that some random fan out there might have 'expected the game to be longer'.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 07:45:09 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Also, Virtua Fighter 5 R was released. Try and defend that too, I guess.

Also, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown was released. Try and defend that too, I guess.

Also, every fighting game ever made in the last 20 years (barring a few exceptions) followed this exact same pattern. Try and defend that too, I guess.

All of Capcom's retail releases are for full price, and when the prices are lowered for stuff like Super Street Fighter IV, it was not even by much. In comparison, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution has literally a whole new games worth of content and was $20 at launch, like two years after Virtua Fighter 4. It even had new content not in the Japanese version.

None of those releases of Virtua Fighter 5 you mentioned have been released to consoles yet. I would defend Namco with how they treated Tekken 5 and 6, Soul Calibur IV/Shatered somethingorother before I would how Capcom treats their fighters and I think Namco's fighters are some of the worst established around.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 08:06:52 pm »
I'm almost certain that Super Street was not full price on launch, and Arcade Edition defnitely isn't going to be full price.

If Sega made Evo cheaper, then that is their option, and probably required because VF isn't nearly as popular as SF is. If you want to talk content/worth, then Super Street added in 10 Characters (that's like adding the entire cast of BlazBlue just about), new online features, major balance and system changes etc. It was well worth the asking price, and I don't see how anyone could disagree.

Arcade Edition only adds 4 characters, balance and online changes, but that's why it's also available as DLC if you already have Super Street...

As for VF5, my point still stands that Sega release updates and always have, just like EVERY fighting game does. They would have charged the arcade owners for those updates, and you can bet that they would charge us for it on home consoles too. I really don't see what the sticking point is with Street Fighter in this case...

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 06:13:53 am »
I'm going to be pissed if there is a Super Marvel vs. Capcom 3... if they do it, they best have a decent price DLC pack with all the extras. Second time I got screwed over by first purchase (see Street Fighter 4)

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 10:03:32 am »
Aren't SF updates a norm?

SF2 had a million updates.
SF3 had 2 updates, but 3rd Strike was a completely different game (Same Sprites, all new backgrounds and endings).

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 10:11:30 am »
I think Capcom has learned at this point to offer DLC as well as a physical release which is what they are doing with Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. I'm sure they will do something similar if this rumor of a Super Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is indeed true.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 03:21:50 pm »
If they releases Super Street Fighter IV on DLC, it probably would have cost as much as the disc anyway...

There were 10 New Characters, new stages, new music, new online options, new balance changes etc etc... If they charged even $5 per character it would have blown out to be the price of the retail game anyway.

When you consider that 10 characters is like, the entire roster of some fighting games and teh considerable mechanics and balance changes and all the new online features, I don't see why it's not worthy of being a full game...

Aren't SF updates a norm?

SF2 had a million updates.
SF3 had 2 updates, but 3rd Strike was a completely different game (Same Sprites, all new backgrounds and endings).

Yes they are the norm, not just with Street Fighter but every fighting game.

Also, new endings and backgrounds are probably the least important aspects in updating a fighting game, but even so, Super Street IV had new background and endings too.
To say that backgrounds and endings make a fighting game completely different is a strange thing to say. That's like saying changing the background music in Call of Duty would make it a'Completely new game'.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 04:38:10 pm »
Background music and stages altogether is a big difference.

All these FPS games seem the same to me, it is the stage that makes them different but I am sure for FPS fans they can see a million more things so not a relevant example and very subjective.

Look it is almost a seperate game in the context of fighters
Street Fighter Alpha 1 - 3 (+ 3 updates) use the same sprites!
King of Fighters used the same sprites for a whole decade, all they offered were 4 new characters and new backgrounds.

Specifically in 2D games, adding backgrounds is just as hard as sprites cause the backgrounds were sprite based (I am not talking still pictures but with people like Ken's stage, the biggest problem with SF3 were the backgrounds where people were just standing still and not moving at all)

You are right though backgrounds don't make the game CVS2 is one of the best fighting games of all time and it has 5 backgrounds. I HATE THE GAME FOR THAT THOUGH CAUSE I GOT SICK OF THOSE BACKGROUNDS AFTER THE 1st YEAR OR 2. THEN I HAD TO ENDURE IT FOR ANOTHER 9 YEARS!!!!

I am also sure one of these days I'll restart playing CVS2, now that I've a PS3 all I need is another Dual Shock controller and we will be playing CVS2 again!!!!!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 06:13:52 am »
Background and music make very little difference to me in terms of the big scheme of things. They affect the gameplay in no way whatsoever and in most cases the endings are short and terrible.

I do love a good background I must admit, but it's hardly a benchmark for a 'new game' when it comes to fighters.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 07:23:33 am »
We are in subjective territory now.

As I pointed out if your getting a game purely for multiplayer where you are Ken and your brother is Ryu.

What do you do?

You go in versus mode, fight a million times with the same character that was available in the same sprites Alpha 1 - 3. With suttle changes in gameplay and major backdrop changes that is the only difference.

So in conclusion it may not matter much to you, but backgrounds was what made old games special. They fleshed out Dhalsim with his stage "Baghwan Murti in the center", Elephants on the sides, Red Carpet on the floor with Sanskrit scriptures.

Similarly China fleshed out Chun-Li, and Los Angeles harbor fleshed out Ken.

Would Theif Hawk, Fei Long, Cammy and Deejay been so memorable without the new stages that came with them? Not to my family dojo.

Maybe your dojo was all about gameplay, against black backgrounds but to us stages were everything and god damn it we miss individual stages so damn much!

But this is subjective let's end this with agreeing to disagree.
But we can't argue whether stages are significant or insignificant. :)

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 07:34:27 am »
Here is some more gameplay:

[youtube:3d5e19cg]eUP7EfNTBqc[/youtube:3d5e19cg]

There is one thing I've never figured out, is King's leopard head his actual face or is it just a mask?
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!