Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken first Gameplay  (Read 10927 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Street Fighter X Tekken first Gameplay
« on: April 13, 2011, 04:58:05 am »
[youtube:ohtde44f]AveosG5Lm7s[/youtube:ohtde44f]

More vids here:
http://shoryuken.com/content/official-s ... age-4195/#

Not to be confused with Tekken x Street Fighter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken first Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 07:54:32 am »
How much longer until we get SEGA Vs. CAPCOM?

This looks cool and all (love the environments), but I care very little for Tekken. Back in the day, I remember it being the poster child for the PS2, so thus as a SEGA fanboy I had to hate it and only play Virtua Fighter 3tb and Power Stone.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 08:54:41 am »
Tekken 3 is one of the greatest fighting games of all time.

It was amazing as the developers decided to kill or retire 75% of the roster from the original games and have the next generation take over which was composed of their children or apprentices and it worked amazingly.

Unfortunately Tekken 4 resurrected to many characters, and the narrative become confusing and stupid. At this point it is just stupid expecting a decent plot from Tekken, but Tekken 3 will always be amazing.

It did what Street Fighter 3 couldn't build a successful sequel with majority of the cast being new.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 03:13:32 pm »
^What about the actual gameplay?

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:21:25 pm »
How big is the Tekken team? Or at least, does Namco-Bandai have more than one team that works on Tekken games? I mean they have Tekken 7, Tag Tournament 2, and Tekken X Street Fighter in development.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 04:06:24 pm »
@ MMg75 The gameplay was the best in the series, most found Tekken 4 to be a huge step down as it felt to Virtua Fighter inspired (realistic) so Tekken 5 was much closer to Tekken 3 in terms of gameplay but the plot had already gone to hell by then and you had another convoluted mess like the Street Fighter series down to the Ryu/Evil Ryu with Jin/Devil Jin!

@ Chaos: From what i've read the same team is working on all the gams, the thing is tech can be transferred all the work is going in one game will affect the other games.

Tag Tournament 2 is just Tekken 6 with bells and whistles (just like the original arcade version of Tag Tournament was an update of Tekken 3), TXSF will build on the work that is done for TT2.

Tekken 7 will be a new game with new character models and get a complete overall.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 05:36:14 pm »
I've never really been into Tekken that much, although I absolutely love Namco's other fighter Soul Calibur. I did play Tekken 3 a bit at boarding school one year and my favorite character to use was this cute little dinosaur with boxing gloves.

Anywho, this new crossover is looking really interesting. I'm really curious to see how Tekken X Street Fighter will play because there is an almost no projectile attacks in Namco's fighters but quite a few in Street Fighter. It'll be interesting to see how they change it up and balance it out.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 11:40:40 pm »
I didn't really see what I was most hoping for in the trailer. Mainly, what the Tekken character movesets from a 3D fighter will look like in a 2D fighting model.  The trailer's basically a Street Fighter IV clip with Tekken character models getting beat up.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 03:52:12 pm »
I do not like Tekken, but I remember enjoying Tekken 3 a lot back in the day, my favorite character was also Gon, like CosmicCastaway. I would be sure to pick this up if it got a release on PSN!

I appreciate the humor of the series, but sometimes it goes a bit far, like how they have whole joke characters based around farting and burping... Ehh, even Boogerman in Clay Fighter 63 1/3 was more serious than that.

Good example of Tekken humor I enjoy a lot:

[youtube:1abw4693]J1xHZPVOPaM[/youtube:1abw4693]
[youtube:1abw4693]CsY-_cJ4Bxs[/youtube:1abw4693]

So yeah, I am rambling a bit! Moving on...

Something that bugs me about Capcom with their fighting games is that they play it too safe with how they are designed now. I can understand how crazy the fanbase gets, but it bugs me how they barely seem to try, as SOUP pointed out, this looks exactly like Street Fighter IV. And with how they release stuff I cannot get excited. I am still waiting on buying SSFIV game because they keep adding stuff to it.

This is why I am more excited to see how Namco's Tekken X Street Fighter will turn out. We have no idea what that will even look like or how they would ever be able to accomplish so many long range attacks using an engine that has a history of being built completely against that.

I am sure SFXT will be fine, but it is bland, old hat. TXSF however could turn out like complete garbage, but at least it will be exciting to see how it all comes together.

I especially like how the two developers are not working with one another, or even sharing any assets. I would love if a Mario & Sonic platformer game was designed like this... Only the SEGA version would be made by AM2 or maybe AM4 or even AM3, not Sonic Team...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 04:06:21 pm »
^They haven't added anything to Super Street Fighter IV apart from Costumes and a free tournament mode DLC since launch though. Arcade Edition disc/DLC is coming later this year, but that's like a new game (Equivalent of SF3: Second Impact jumping to SF3: Third Strike).

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 04:11:47 pm »
I meant the jump from Street Fighter IV to Super Street Fighter IV, mostly. I wanted to get every release of the game thus far but waited because they never seem to stop.

I think it is bullshit how they announced the arcade edition stuff literally right after 3D Edition was released, for example.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 04:50:27 pm »
Yeah it is bull shit, sucking consumers dry.

You don't get to use the extra costumes unless you buy them though even with the SSF4, in both games the alternate costumes are already on disk!

With SSF4 a trailer was made showing the alternate costumes, but that can be chalked to Capcom's false advertising.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 05:07:24 pm »
Well, I find  the Arcade Edition DC reasonably priced at $15 so it's no big deal for me, but this probably should be the last update of Street Fighter IV.  

I've been thinking though, where is Jin? Isn't he like the banner character of Tekken kinda like Akira is to Virtua Fighter or Ryu is to Street Fighter? I think it's odd he isn't among this first line-up of characters.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 03:46:07 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I meant the jump from Street Fighter IV to Super Street Fighter IV, mostly. I wanted to get every release of the game thus far but waited because they never seem to stop.

I think it is bullshit how they announced the arcade edition stuff literally right after 3D Edition was released, for example.

In this case 'never seem to stop' means one retail game and one DLC package in the space of what, 3 years?

Not sure why you would be upset about AE announcements after the portable one comes out. They obviously didn't want to wait months into the 3DS release to update the handheld version to Arcade Edition. Plus it's main drag is the portability and the 3D, no real need to update to AE, it's hardly like SFIV on 3DS will become the standard for fighting games.

Quote from: "cube_b3"
Yeah it is bull shit, sucking consumers dry.

You don't get to use the extra costumes unless you buy them though even with the SSF4, in both games the alternate costumes are already on disk!

With SSF4 a trailer was made showing the alternate costumes, but that can be chalked to Capcom's false advertising.

I think you are over-reacting. They have a right to charge for optional content that they've created. I know it's on the disc, but it's only costumes, not like it affects the gameplay in any way.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 04:07:18 am »
DLC is fairly priced for the Arcade stuff. Its reasonable.. but its not reasonable that it wasn't included in the 3DS release.