Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic  (Read 224997 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2011, 11:40:29 am »
So can you play as Colonel Sanders in this one? Otherwise I have difficulty understanding why the game would involve sending androids into space with the sole intent to mutilate cute-looking, hairy penguins to death with advanced space-age weaponry.

They steal your monomate, mate.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2011, 01:43:27 pm »
Radrappy's going to love this hehe

Saw the screen, lost my shit, am now 100% behind this game.  C'mon Sega I know you have greatness in you yet! 

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2011, 01:51:40 pm »
Graphics/textures look MUCH improved too...
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2011, 12:50:27 am »
They do look very much improved in the last few pics
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:27:26 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Sharky

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2011, 03:16:48 am »
Still wouldn't mind if they gave the ground some bump mapping on the highest settings... Also completely redo the flora and forna which looks straight out of PSU, I hope its stand in.
Made by SEGA

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2011, 05:13:40 am »
IMO i don't see why the game can't at least look like this? 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcE1ZMt-kss&feature=player_detailpage#t=216s

i hope this is their target by the end of production

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2011, 09:36:58 am »
New pics and info:
Good Morning, Today Bonkohara released an email newsletter revealing on July 26th, Sega will hold a media briefing for Phantasy Star Online 2. This media briefing will talk about the setting, concept, and races for PSO2. As such, Sakai will give a presentation showing off PSO2 and will release information on the official site and related sites when ready.

With much pleading by Bonkohara, Sakai has allowed us to watch the event on Nico Nico Douga. (You’ll need a Nico Nico Douga account if you want to watch any videos from that site). Please check out Sakai’s blog on the 25th for information about the broadcast.

According to Sakai’s blog, “PSO2 content that has been shrouded in mystery, will finally become clear! Please look forward to this briefing because a large amount of information will be shown.”

So that HUnewearl in the previous email newsletter, did you notice something? You remembered her weapons?

Well in these images below, Bunkohara has each player character use a name from PSO. However there are no NPCs from PSO in this game.

PSO2 now has a new weapon category making it’s debut, check it out!

Here’s Sue (in a blue name) throwing an enemy around. You can use this weapon to attack an enemy from a distance. Also in the screenshot, there’s Hopkins next to her.

This guy looks similar to a gorilla type enemy from the Forest. Kind of like the Hildebear, but that’s not his name.  Such big hands, why he could throw something with that. His size is considerably large, it would make more sense to compare his height by checking out the last image.

See he’s quite big, but there’s… there’s… 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,...9? Hmm somehow there’s a lot of people fighting this one enemy. (According to the screenshot, this enemy is called RockBear)

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/pso2-aug-calendar.jpg

PSO2 August Calendar 2011
Chosen by the Development Team
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-enemies-development-screenshots/

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2011, 10:55:21 am »
The images really look amazing. Awesome!

Can't wait for 26th. Thanks ezdo
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:00:49 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2011, 11:57:33 am »
Definitely improving :-)
SEGA STYLE

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2011, 01:01:17 pm »
I'm loving the look of the game, though it's a real shame that the message of the first game is now lost. PSO was all about worldwide gameplay and communication, now it seems to be Japan only and everybody else needs to watch from the sidelines.

I'm really hoping that they return to the world encompassing message. Hopefully a US and Euro release happens at some point and we all get to play together. I loved the Japanese players.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2011, 01:13:32 am »
I'm loving the look of the game, though it's a real shame that the message of the first game is now lost. PSO was all about worldwide gameplay and communication, now it seems to be Japan only and everybody else needs to watch from the sidelines.

Brilliant post !.

That really was what was so special about the game,  the fact that you could play together with people around the world and no matter one's language communicate. It's why even to this day, the 1st PSO is so magical and one of the best console experiences I've ever had, still remember my 1st day on the game and paying with people from New York (which we remained friends for years on both versions of PSO) just a truly unmatched console experience

So this needs to come to consoles and out WW, and seeing as it's PSO (who's main market is a console) I'll say a console version is a given in Japan
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2011, 05:19:14 am »
Those screens look like the old build again!
Made by SEGA

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2011, 05:43:05 am »
Those screens look like the old build again!

i don't know about you people but since the game first revealed i didn't notice any improvements at all.

it's sad that what is going to be shown this Tuesday most likely will be based on this build : (
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:55:33 am by Suzuki Yu »

Offline Sharky

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2011, 06:01:57 am »
i don't know about you people but since the game first revealed i didn't notice any improvements at all.

it's sad that what is going to be shown this Tuesday most likely will be based on this build : (

These look clearly better then the others:

Made by SEGA

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2011, 06:34:59 am »
^^
i can't see why you consider those screens any better than the rest