Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Officially Confirmed  (Read 26911 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Officially Confirmed
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 01:37:17 am »
Everyone else had been asked about or requested but there was never any proof that they were ever in the game or close to completion.

Well a majority of the new characters were either originally in development for FoTW (Frank and Nemesis for example) or cameoed in certain endings (Phoenix Wright, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, etc) just to let you know.

Ghost Rider was said not to be in because they couldn't figure out how to implement his bike.

Which I still don't really get, especially seeing how he works in here.

And if you would be happy with it as DLC, then why not as a disc release?

Because that would make the already bought copy of Fate of Two Worlds obsolete?

You would rather pay more and have it take up tons of HDD space? I'll stick with the disc.

Same here.

I really don't understand what you want from Capcom.

Isn't it obvious? He's still mad that Legends 3 got canned.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 01:52:02 am »
Well a majority of the new characters were either originally in development for FoTW (Frank and Nemesis for example) or cameoed in certain endings (Phoenix Wright, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, etc) just to let you know.

I know about Frank, but didn't know about Nemesis. As for the cameos, having an illustration in the background is hardly an indication that they were being worked on as a playable character or anything. Hell, Fing Fang Foom is in Arthur's ending, I doubt he's about to be revealed anytime soon.

And yeah the Ghost Rider thing was weird, probably more likely they just said that but hadn't seriously considered him until the requests were building (he was in the top 5 requests across a number of polls I think).

Because that would make the already bought copy of Fate of Two Worlds obsolete?
DLC that changed X Factor, balance, roster, gameplay options etc would also make Vanilla obsolete though.

Isn't it obvious? He's still mad that Legends 3 got canned.

Everything is now clear.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 02:14:11 am »
I know about Frank, but didn't know about Nemesis.

They deconfirmed Nemesis as a playable character around the time of MvC3's reveal because they didn't want the game's rating to go higher than T but he ended up appearing in Hulk's ending. I just wonder what they did with him at first and if they toned him down or something.

As for the cameos, having an illustration in the background is hardly an indication that they were being worked on as a playable character or anything. Hell, Fing Fang Foom is in Arthur's ending, I doubt he's about to be revealed anytime soon.

Just felt like an odd coincidence.

Everything is now clear.

So, you never considered that as a reason for George's attitude? Plus when I was watching an UMvC3 stream, almost all the comments were angry Mega Man fans.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 02:57:52 am »
^Not really, I don't recall George ever talking about a MegaMan game before.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 05:53:00 pm »
As for your last statement "You want to spend more money" for 12 new characters? Who said I even wanted all those characters? They are a mix bag. They should give me the choice and allow me to play against Ultimate people instead of saying "Thanks for purchasing our game, now fuck off and give us more money"

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 06:02:56 pm »
Each character would be at least 800 points right? Even 400 points means that it would cost 4800 points which translates to $60 anyway. Not to mention the new moves and balance changes and system upgrades etc.
A valid argument could be that Capcom charges too much for their DLC. (Even fans complain about it!)

Capcom is odd, they say they can't get Ghost Rider in the game and they can't get Phoneix Wright in another C vs game. Out of nowhere, they show up. Is Capcom putting a lack of effort or something?

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 06:22:19 pm »
Capcom is odd, they say they can't get Ghost Rider in the game and they can't get Phoneix Wright in another C vs game. Out of nowhere, they show up. Is Capcom putting a lack of effort or something?

They be trollin, that's all.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 05:12:40 am »
As for your last statement "You want to spend more money" for 12 new characters? Who said I even wanted all those characters? They are a mix bag. They should give me the choice and allow me to play against Ultimate people instead of saying "Thanks for purchasing our game, now fuck off and give us more money"

Now I don't even know what you are trying to argue. Games should all be free and they should have consulted you for the roster first?

They are new characters, so they are going to cost money, they aren't running a charity.
The charaters are a mix of who they thought would work in the game and fan demand.

If you don't like the new content, you don't have to buy it.

EDIT: I also agree with this article from SRK:
Lets be hypothetical for a moment;

Lets say Capcom decided to do DLC (which is obviously expected much sooner than 9 months down the road). They release 6 packs of 2-characters-each, not counting Jill/Shuma, for 10 dollars a pop. Not counting the 8 new stages they’d probably ask you to buy if you were interested (because those don’t affect gameplay), and assuming we get very minimal rebalance tweaks, you are already in the hole $60.

Now, in UMvC3, you get all that for $40, including the stages you might not have purchased, a gameplay rebalance so vast that making it DLC would have been difficult, and who knows what else they’ve packed in on that disc. Getting upset because they are releasing a ton of content (that we asked for) on a disc instead of via DLC (and at an extremely reasonable price) starts to seem silly when you do the math.

On top of this, tournament organizers have had problems in the past with keeping all of their setups up-to-date with DLC. While this is still a problem for Shuma Gorath and Jill, tournaments will have a much easier time with a new disc than they would have if all of this content was DLC.

Had all of this content been DLC, no one would have said “TOO SOON!”. But because we are getting what we wanted on a new disc just nine months down the road, people feel cheated somehow (even though, mathematically, this route saves the customer money).
http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/24/discussing-the-price-and-timing-of-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:20:14 am by MadeManG74 »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 06:40:23 am »
I think there would be a fair few people, including myself, if they included as an endless amount of DLC. Both methods I do not consider good practice for the consumer. If they had made us wait a year after the original game was released, I would be more open about an upgraded version but as it stands, I cannot get behind that either.

Just because there is a worse method does not mean a bad method is still a bad method!

Offline George

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 10:18:17 am »
No, they shouldn't ask me about the rooster. Mademan, you are just trying to blindly defend Capcom. All I said is I rather pick and choose via DLC, like promised when MvC3 came out, instead of forcing me to buy a 40 dollar version of their game that only has like 20% new content.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 07:21:51 pm »
I don't see how I could be 'blindly defending' Capcom when I gave arguments why I genuinely am happy with this each time.

The flaw with your 'DLC that I can pick and choose' approach is the rebalancing and system changes to the game, which look massive. Ignoring the visual changes like the HUD and options screens etc, fundamental mechanics like damage output and X Factor have been changed. When you change the mechanics of the game like this, the new characters are built around them, rebalance and new moves to existing characters (again something that can't just be DLC without huge issues/dividing the player base anyway) won't work between both versions.

This was really the only way it would work that I can think of to be honest.

Offline George

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 08:25:46 pm »
Because they couldn't give out the rebalancing for free?

I mean, we here all think EA is shit, but at least they give out rooster updates, stat updates for free. We are living in a gaming world where we think we should pay for rebalancing? LOL

Oh, god...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2011, 05:19:57 am »
Because they couldn't give out the rebalancing for free?

I mean, we here all think EA is shit, but at least they give out rooster updates, stat updates for free. We are living in a gaming world where we think we should pay for rebalancing? LOL

Oh, god...

Rebalancing a competitive fighting game and changing it's mechanics is a sight more work than updating the rosters in FIFA.

Take a look at changes that have just been observed so far from some casual play, the game isn't even done yet and we haven't seen the full extent of new characters/modes/mechanic changes yet:
http://www.neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11445

This is more major than just nerfing Sentinel's health (Which was a free update), there's obviously a lot more work going on behind the scenes of the game, which would be difficult to implement as DLC, and even more difficult to make it optional or segmented.

In any event, I'm just going to disagree with you on this occassion, don't buy it if you don't like it. To me it looks like it's what I've been wanting, so I'll gladly get it and enjoy the game.

Offline George

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2011, 04:08:31 pm »
So you are OK with paying for rebalancing?

Just asking.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2011, 09:26:52 pm »
If you don't like the new content, you don't have to buy it.

You do not understand.

The original version of this game will be largely useless once Ultimate is out. The community for the first release will completely die out and everyone will either move to the next game or just bail completely. To sum it up again, it was a $70 beta.

Look at it this way, once Ultimate is out will you ever go back to the original version? Of course you will not, why would you? In past cases like the Street Fighter Alpha series, or upgrades to III the games changed a huge amount, artisitcally, stylistically, musically... Some people prefer the earlier releases because they are so different. This is just the same stuff from the original game with some new content that will not work with the original version. There is no reason for Capcom to at least offer connectivity, I mean Sonic & Knuckles offered it in 1994, why is it Capcom cannot in do this in 2011?

don't buy it if you don't like it. To me it looks like it's what I've been wanting, so I'll gladly get it and enjoy the game.

Now you sound like Sharky. :'(