Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS gets huge price drop, early adopters get 20 free GBA and NES games  (Read 22039 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
The 3DS sold between 207,000 - 215,000 units last week in Japan. And the vast majority of those sales, Over 200,000 at least, came in the space of three days. Beating even the most optimistic predictions by quite a stretch,

Now they need a constent release of quality titles to keep sales up.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
The price drop has made me consider a holiday purchase, but thats ONLY if Generations and Shinobi are worth playing and if the Mario 3DS game is quality.

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
The price drop has made me consider a holiday purchase, but thats ONLY if Generations and Shinobi are worth playing and if the Mario 3DS game is quality.
Pfft, what mainstream Mario game isn't quality?

You have to get Mario Kart and Kid Icarus. :D

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Not a Mario kart fan at all, but Kid Icarus looks pretty cool, despite not caring about the franchise.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Mario Kart 7 has awful level design, Kid Icarus is stupid Kingdom Heart-like crap that has nothing to do with the original games and Sonic Generations 3DS is a sure fire awful game in almost every regard.

Shinobi looks 'good' coming from a big Shinobi fan and Super Mario 3D Land looks really good I guess. What else is there though? Some game looks cool, but how long can they last? The handheld game market is falling apart lately because each region has completely different interests in the kinds of games they like portable so there is really no safe bet right now.

Screw 3DS right now. The battery life is literally worse than Game Gear and has less good games than that had in the first three months. Wait till the better version of the platform comes out whenever that is. They do not even have any major games secured for next year. If you really have to spend a large sum of money this year, get a PlayStation 3 (just went down in price) to catch up on all of the stuff you said you wanted and move your Blu-Ray player in another room.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Problem with PS3 is, I have limited TV hookups, limited space and before I even attempt the PS3 library, I have a load of 360 games to play. Not to mention nowhere to put my current blu-ray player, which imo is better than a ps3 blu player and I'd hate to stick it in storage. I actually have far more time to play portables than home consoles, so a Vita might be the thing for me. Thanks for the advice though!

Probably gonna just pass on the 3DS until a new version arrives with improved batt life and more games release.

I think it's stupid how some members of the media have compared the 3DS to the Dreamcast. Dreamcast was awesome out of the gate, 3DS was not. The platfoms, launch library and advancements don't compare. :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:55:40 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Autosaver

Mario Kart 7 has awful level design
Looks good (AND FUN!) to me.
Kid Icarus is stupid Kingdom Heart-like crap that has nothing to do with the original games
I don't remember Kingdom Hearts being an on-rail flying shooter.
Sonic Generations 3DS is a sure fire awful game in almost every regard.
Mushroom Hill looks and plays great.
Shinobi looks 'good' coming from a big Shinobi fan and Super Mario 3D Land looks really good I guess. What else is there though? Some game looks cool, but how long can they last? The handheld game market is falling apart lately because each region has completely different interests in the kinds of games they like portable so there is really no safe bet right now.
A lot of games are still being announced and in development. I don't think anyone should worry as a lot of good games are coming out this Christmas and the following year. Handhelds are a bit different in the "market" area as a lot of genres that don't sell (RPGs) on 360/PS3 sell AMAZING on the DS/3DS/PSP.
The battery life is literally worse than Game Gear and has less good games than that had in the first three months. Wait till the better version of the platform comes out whenever that is. They do not even have any major games secured for next year. If you really have to spend a large sum of money this year, get a PlayStation 3 (just went down in price) to catch up on all of the stuff you said you wanted and move your Blu-Ray player in another room.
The Game Gear's battery life is only 3 hours, while the 3DS can last up to 5. How is this "LITERALLY WORSE" then the Game Gear's battery life? (And the 3DS doesn't even use standard batteries, let alone 4!!)

And why wait for a better version? A lot of good games are coming out now and the 3DS is pretty cheap for what it brings. Wii graphics with 3D at only 180 dollars, what a great deal! PS3 is still more expensive then the 3DS and has games that cost more. (I don't even use Blu-Ray either, HD STREAMING ftw)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
I think the new Mario Land game will be worth picking up the system for.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
I'll wait 2 years when there is a decent design out and has good games. I'll get Vita now.

Offline SOUP

I'll wait 2 years when there is a decent design out and has good games. I'll get Vita now.
That's the smartest thing to do, but between the price cut, and the new red model (I'm a sucker for a red system), it's going to be tough for me to wait it out.

Offline Autosaver

Why not say the same for Vita? Vita will obviously get multiple design changes (1000,2000,3000,GO,SPECIAL 1000) and several price drops.

Offline SOUP

I'd say mostly because there was such a huge jump in quality between the original DS, and DS Lite. It's pretty easy to imagine something similar with the 3DS. Specifically, improved battery life.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Yeah, all the new PSP's did was make them thinner and add little things like 'mic' or skype. The new system already has all that. So it will probably get thinner... not that I care much. I still have the phat original PSP and I enjoy the hell out of it. I don't think I need an upgrade.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

So far this price drop is working pretty well for Ninty, they just need to hurry and get their big titles released soon.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
Problem with PS3 is, I have limited TV hookups, limited space and before I even attempt the PS3 library, I have a load of 360 games to play. Not to mention nowhere to put my current blu-ray player, which imo is better than a ps3 blu player and I'd hate to stick it in storage. I actually have far more time to play portables than home consoles, so a Vita might be the thing for me. Thanks for the advice though!

Probably gonna just pass on the 3DS until a new version arrives with improved batt life and more games release.

I think it's stupid how some members of the media have compared the 3DS to the Dreamcast. Dreamcast was awesome out of the gate, 3DS was not. The platfoms, launch library and advancements don't compare. :P

How is your Blu-Ray better than a PS3?