Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 261488 times)

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
Re: BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!! Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #540 on: November 18, 2012, 07:53:05 pm »
I had an inconvenient experience trying to get it from Best Buy (after ordering it online to pick up at the store), but once that was out of the way I've been digging the game. Music is stellar, graphics are typically great but with many texture/flicker issues, and it plays fantastic.

Is anyone else having issues with leveling up? Twice already I finished a race, had it total up my XP, claim I was 1 level greater, but then back in the character select it decided, "no wait, never mind, you're a few points away from gaining that level up." Very confusing, though I easily got that level boost again by completing another race.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #541 on: November 18, 2012, 09:39:33 pm »
Haven't had issues leveling up, although I often get kicked off online matches, like 1 out of every 7. Sometimes it just freezes the game altogether. That might be my connections fault though.

Such an awesome game. Tracks and music-wise couldn't ask for more. I'm really hyped up over DLC possibilities. Stellar game. Must buy for any sega fan. Even if you don't like cart racing games chances are the sega game you do like is represented in some way.

I'm "agent604" on xbox. If you see me online please don't send a drone or twister my way ;)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #542 on: November 19, 2012, 06:46:38 am »
Glad you like it, TA!

It'ss brilliant , its like racing in a Universal Studios them park  the only part is 30 fps other than that its clean simply fun for everyone.

Really one of the best fan service games ever made
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #543 on: November 19, 2012, 09:06:45 am »
I'm starting to really get a hang of the game. From the start I was only able to pass Easy stages, but now I am able to go back and complete Medium and occasionally can beat a Hard mode.

Little tip: I've found that the tricks also allow you to nudge your vehicle left and right. So if you are getting too close to one side of the track while in a position where you can pull off a trick, go left or right (depending on the direction that is away from a track wall) and you are able to nudge yourself out of harms way. I also found that this is how you can evade attacks.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #544 on: November 19, 2012, 04:51:43 pm »
The little touches make this game incredible.

[spoiler]DJ Professor K narrates one of the JSR tracks.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]You receive audio transmissions/instructions in the Burning Rangers track.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Puffy breaks through the walls in the NiGHTS track.[/spoiler]

Watching the game is just as fun as playing it.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #545 on: November 19, 2012, 07:20:02 pm »
The voting topic at the official sega forum is absurd.  Hatsune Miku?  I mean, really?  The last time I checked she wasn't even a Sega character. 

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #546 on: November 19, 2012, 07:37:04 pm »
The little touches make this game incredible.

[spoiler]DJ Professor K narrates one of the JSR tracks.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]You receive audio transmissions/instructions in the Burning Rangers track.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Puffy breaks through the walls in the NiGHTS track.[/spoiler]

Watching the game is just as fun as playing it.

Love em!

I love this:

[spoiler]Being in first place assures that you see all the track changes as they happen, meaning awesome cameos and events like the dragon in the PD track taking off allowing you to fly with him, the burning rangers flying about the track and a glimpse of Segata![/spoiler]

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #547 on: November 20, 2012, 08:57:58 am »
The voting topic at the official sega forum is absurd.  Hatsune Miku?  I mean, really?  The last time I checked she wasn't even a Sega character.

But it's Miku-san :3

I know, they are going for some obscure Japanese characters that most people won't even understand.
I hope Segata wins though.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:01:02 am by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #548 on: November 20, 2012, 01:35:25 pm »

But it's Miku-san :3

I know, they are going for some obscure Japanese characters that most people won't even understand.
I hope Segata wins though.

It's not that she's obscure.  It's that she's not a Sega character or even a video game character.  It's like putting Hello Kitty in the game. 

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #549 on: November 20, 2012, 01:45:51 pm »
It's not that she's obscure.  It's that she's not a Sega character or even a video game character.  It's like putting Hello Kitty in the game.

HA! Yeah, pretty much dead on. But really, from a development/producing perspective, it would be far too difficult for S0L to get her in. Especially for the English versions. Japanese version... maybe a little more of a chance, but I can't see it happening.

Offline Randroid

« Reply #550 on: November 20, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »

She's not?

Who own the IP?

Offline Randroid

« Reply #551 on: November 20, 2012, 02:33:32 pm »
She's not?

Who owns the IP?

Never mind. Did some research. Guess Crypton Future Media is the IP holder.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #552 on: November 20, 2012, 05:02:20 pm »
So i've the game today after finally receiving my copy.

I am speechless

10/10

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #553 on: November 21, 2012, 12:31:09 am »
I beat the first part of normal mode earlier today, and been enjoying the online play, although the netcode is a bit glitchy sometimes, and it sucks crashing into walls and completely losing your place!

I found normal mode pretty easy, but lots of people I'm following on twitter complaining about the game being too hard. I personally love the challenge. Look forward to conquering hard mode. and then expert mode.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #554 on: November 21, 2012, 01:16:25 am »
Haha you tell em Shadi!

I have been playing on normal for 4/5 hours straight and personally I wouldn't say it was "easy" XD. It took me a few hours before I got the hang of things but even after that, things are still brutal. The funny part is that in online mode I found it very enjoyable because not only you have to play very good, but everyone has too XD. Basically saying that the AI in this game is more brutal than real players. I placed second in my first online match and I had a blast!

This game is reminding me of what I had been missing in games for a long time. It's that the game tests, encourage and forces you to become good at every part of the mechanic for you to be able to place 1st. And every retry is a blast. The flight and boat sections dont feel like a gimmick. Once you get used to everything, all will feel like it's natural. You won't even be aware of the transformations anymore.

It's incredibly satsifying once you become good at this game. Like really really satisfying.

Oh and The tracks are HUGE!!!!!!

Loving this game
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:45:36 am by CrazyTails »