Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII - Coming to consoles in 2011!  (Read 18842 times)

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: The King of Fighters XIII
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2010, 07:53:46 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
It's all about doing as much as possible with as little as possible for SNK at this stage.
Maybe they should close up shop and sell their properties to Capcom, that way we can get a Marvel vs. Capcom vs. SNK with hyperactive 5-person tag team double assists madness. ^__^
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2010, 09:07:01 am »
I don't think Capcom would bother with KOF especially when they have their own series and a wide range of multimillion selling franchises.

That is to say, they have bigger fish to fry.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2010, 06:02:07 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
It's all about doing as much as possible with as little as possible for SNK at this stage.
Maybe they should close up shop and sell their properties to Capcom, that way we can get a Marvel vs. Capcom vs. SNK with hyperactive 5-person tag team double assists madness. ^__^

Capcom would make it 3D which I wouldn't want, and if you want to talk headswaps, look at Ryu and Ken (and Akuma, and Dan...).

I would like a new Capcom vs SNK, but keep Marvel out of it.

Quote from: "Aki-at"
I don't think Capcom would bother with KOF especially when they have their own series and a wide range of multimillion selling franchises.

That is to say, they have bigger fish to fry.

I don't think they would abandon it completely, SNK has Terry Bogard, Kyo and Iori, they are pretty Iconic fighting game characters and if Capcom were to buy up SNK they wouldn't let them go to waste.

Not to mention KOF is pretty huge in South America, Korea and China, so I doubt Capcom would throw that away.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2010, 08:47:47 pm »
I only want it to have Marvel to ensure the hyperactive craziness. Let's face it, Capcom vs. SNK 2 blows chunks when compared to the glory that is Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

So grab the best from Capcom and SNK, throw in the Marvel madness, and there we go. ^__^

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2010, 09:48:08 pm »
I only want it to have Marvel to ensure the hyperactive craziness. Let's face it, Capcom vs. SNK 2 blows chunks when compared to the glory that is Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

So grab the best from Capcom and SNK, throw in the Marvel madness, and there we go. ^__^

Ehh, MVC2 is okay, but I don't really have time to practice for hours and hours on end in training mode to learn those infinites and assist combos. The game feels like more of a chore than fun half the time since you just choose the same 4 characters and need to learn 1-frame links to get anywhere with it @_@. Maybe if I didn't have studies, work and social commitments I could really get into it, but as it stands i just don't have the dedication to practice one fighting game for years on end. There is low level button mashing and super Spamming, but thats not great fun either.

Not to mention the controls are just convoluted and silly. THey removed most of the cast's mid-attacks which ruined their game, and replaced them with spammable assists? That's just bad game design. Not to mention all the crazy glitches (which require EVEN MORE basement dwelling and practice to learn).

I guess I just prefer KOF and CVS2 since they don't require such dedication to have fun with.

But anyway this is the KOF XIII Thread, lets post some KOF XIII!

[youtube:16fa25zn]Majtw_M4WRA[/youtube:16fa25zn]
Hong Kong Loke-Test vid!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2010, 09:56:50 pm »
NO MORE PRINGLES, GLORRIOUS NIPPON ONLY OR NADDA'

Now let's get back on topic! I stopped posting on that other topic to get away from the Final Fantasy VII of fighting games. That Vice was great, and now that I see her in action I really have to say I think she looks excellent, well, in-game at least. Not really crazy about the main art of her still.

[spoiler:godznrxz]Her boobs are too big though, she must have awful back problems #________#[/spoiler:godznrxz]

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2010, 06:59:38 pm »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2010, 05:46:49 am »

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2010, 10:28:32 am »
Could you post Ash Crimson's standing sprite on here, too? ^__^

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2010, 06:12:05 pm »
Could you post Ash Crimson's standing sprite on here, too? ^__^

Here you go;

Full animation

Looped

Got them from here, they have everyone except Maxima so far.
http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=230377

Theres a few more at Fighters Generation too
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/ash-a.htm

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2010, 03:13:48 am »
Full animation

Looped

God... Ash Crimson is like, the best KOF character ever. ^___^

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010, 03:31:25 am »
I honestly do think he's a great antogonist, simply because so many people really hate him. Rugal, Goenitz etc are great bad guys, but at the same time everyone loves them, whereas so many people just hate Ash with a passion.

In any event I'd rather see him than the pedo-bait characters like Momoko...

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 12:00:06 pm »
Awww, but Ash is SO adorable! ^__^ Those haters are silly gaijins.

Maybe I should look around for BL doujin of Ash sometime...

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2010, 03:53:23 pm »
I honestly do think he's a great antogonist, simply because so many people really hate him. Rugal, Goenitz etc are great bad guys, but at the same time everyone loves them, whereas so many people just hate Ash with a passion.

That is a really good way of looking at it.

What I hate about some of the characters in the series is that they just do not look or seem like fighters at all. Little girls who sumo wrestle is not neat or cute, it is fucking stupid. It was rarely like this before KOF99, even metrosexual characters like Benimaru are not weak-looking, so that was okay. Characters like Ash are just retarded. Look at his backstory, he does not have any interests because he thinks everything is "A bother". =/

Those haters are silly gaijins.

A lot of the Japanese fans hate him too.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2010, 05:11:59 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

That is a really good way of looking at it.

What I hate about some of the characters in the series is that they just do not look or seem like fighters at all. Little girls who sumo wrestle is not neat or cute, it is fucking stupid. It was rarely like this before KOF99, even metrosexual characters like Benimaru are not weak-looking, so that was okay. Characters like Ash are just retarded. Look at his backstory, he does not have any interests because he thinks everything is "A bother". =/

I know what you mean about some of the new characters. I dont think everyone needs to look like fighters or anything (Shermie is one of my favourite KOF characters and she hardly looks like a fighter), but some of them do just look silly. It seems like they did add in a high number of children/small girls etc to KOF in a short period of time, which does just make it seem a bit silly. I think they even said that Maxima was added in because they needed a middle aged man to balance things out a bit.

In any event, post 98 still introduced some great characters. K9999, Maxima, Vanessa, Seth, Ramon etc.