Author Topic: Do you like any non-SEGA Developers?  (Read 15716 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Do you like any non-SEGA Developers?
« on: December 10, 2012, 05:40:14 pm »
I think I've said I love Intelligent Syetems in another thread, but I put that down to loving the Paper Mario series (the only genre I can tolerate with Mario in it!), but I also loved playing WarioWare on the Gamecube and interested in playing a few Fire Emblem/Advance War games (I have Radient Dawn and Dual Strike...one of them is annoying me with it's mission....I don't know how to win the mission in DS). They also made the best Metroid game of the 2D series in Super Metroid (I like Fusion much more though...)

I also like them since they seem to have their own identity within Nintendo which is rare (R&Dx, they usually all share personnel to me).

It's a shame they stick to FE/AW/WW and PM though (with Puzzle League/Panel De Pon on the side), since I think they have the potential to do other interesting franchises (like Pushmo!).

I also like Japan Studio on Sony's side....but I have only beat Gravity Rush really (good game, but really really shallow on content), but have played ICO and loved it. I need to play Shadow of the Colossus too.

How about you guys?
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline semmie

• Banned
Re: Do you like any non-SEGA Developers?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 04:01:12 pm »
I think I've said I love Intelligent Syetems in another thread, but I put that down to loving the Paper Mario series (the only genre I can tolerate with Mario in it!), but I also loved playing WarioWare on the Gamecube and interested in playing a few Fire Emblem/Advance War games (I have Radient Dawn and Dual Strike...one of them is annoying me with it's mission....I don't know how to win the mission in DS). They also made the best Metroid game of the 2D series in Super Metroid (I like Fusion much more though...)

I also like them since they seem to have their own identity within Nintendo which is rare (R&Dx, they usually all share personnel to me).

It's a shame they stick to FE/AW/WW and PM though (with Puzzle League/Panel De Pon on the side), since I think they have the potential to do other interesting franchises (like Pushmo!).

I also like Japan Studio on Sony's side....but I have only beat Gravity Rush really (good game, but really really shallow on content), but have played ICO and loved it. I need to play Shadow of the Colossus too.

How about you guys?

the sonic cd way:

PAST

I think you deserve to be answered. as far as thinking of non sega developers we all have to acknowledge that sega when it had consoles had plenty non sega developers making games for sega. back in the days u would play HOOK fo r example and that game was actually sonys. but ot was on the genesis.

FUTURE

even tho i am a huge billyboy of Sega. i have to admit i like some games that are of non sega developers. Like mass effect trilogy. and all the prince of persias except forgotten sands.
all assassins creed. ICO and shadow of the colossus actually remind me a lot of sega. ICO and colossus all together is actually a panzer dragoon saga vibe.

but when it comes down to it im with sega. u will find me pirate non sega games. But never ever will i pirate a sega game. ok unless it be saturn cause those games are not to get no mo.

playing other games doesnt mean u compromise the brotherhood.
but if u start being a bitch saying that u dont play sega no more. this is where u become sort of a judas.
and we dont like judas cause compromised the brotherhood and betrayed jesus peace be upon him.

blablabla
to get back ontopic
play games as much as u like
but there is a weard feeling when i touch a nintendo. so i never play it. it doesnt give good feeling
and it gives a weard feeling playing ps1 games because of the trauma for my beloved saturn.

but when u talk about non sega developers games?

Why not:)

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:24:43 pm »
I love SNK. I love Capcom. I love some Namco games, like Rolling Thunder 2, Soul Calibur series, Naruto Storm Series and i like old school Konami a lot. I am a big MK fan, i really looking forward to the DC FG game by Ed Boon.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 08:49:23 pm »
Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Vanquish)
Ensemble Studios (RIP) (Age of Empires 1, 2 and 3)
SNK (All their fighting games, Metal Slug)
Double Fine (Brutal Legend, Psychonauts)

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 11:51:36 am »
Back before they were gobbled up by Sony, Psygnosis (sp?) had a few gems that were technical marvels and quite fun to play. Other studios included Koei (I adored the amazing Japanese war simulations on the old NES) and Hudson.

Last but not least, Nihon Falcom... Famous for the Ys series of games over the years and blew me away when I first invested in the beast, the original TurboGrafx CD. Sure the Sega consoles did get a little Ys love but I'm happy that these games have been re imagined on the PSP/Vita. I dream of a native Ys title for that handheld monster.

Others I still am fond of are...

EA as a publisher... (flame suit is on but how can anyone hate the Mass Effect series and Need For Speed?)

Developers alone...

ADK - developed almost exclusively for the Neo Geo and the wonder (and hard as fuck) launch title Magician Lord and other great games on the platform.

Chair - Known for the Infinity Blade series on iOS.

TellTale Games - Makers of the Strongbad series and the crown jewel, with a full cooperative effort from Universal Studios no less, Back to The Future series. If you haven't tried the demo, give it a shot if you love the movies, every bit of the game is sewn together with incredible attention to detail. Even the original soundtrack.

Sony Santa Monica - Without them how else could I splatter blood with a grin in God of War

Epic Games - Gears of War and its sequels... 'nuff said there.

Bungie - Originally a Mac developer only who brought us Halo. Without the bold move of forking over a shitload of money, the FPS genre wouldn't be much of a success on consoles. Halo was actually planned to be a Macintosh exclusive and was shown shown in early form at a Macworld keynote with Steve Jobs. The Mac did get Halo years later but no sequels to the first.

Bethesda - Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3... How do I love thee?  :o

I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 07:13:05 pm »
^Telltale are a great one, Walking Dead was amazing.

Also I would say Obsidian too come to think of it. They did Fallout New Vegas and Alpha Protocol right? I think they are mostly made up for former Black Isle guys too, who did Fallout 1 and 2 which are my favourite WRPGs.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 07:32:37 pm »
Platinum - for obvious reasons.
Majesco - for Phantom Dust, I'll always love you forever for this brilliant, lost game.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 08:41:53 am »
I like Clover Studios also, but they're pretty much Platinum Games which is why I never mentioned them (since they made SEGA games  ;)).

I still need to play God Hand and Okami.

Offline SpeedyBlueDude

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Per Audacia Ad Astra
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 12:46:46 am »
List is small, but I do fanboy over other developers.

Bungie: Anything they do, I know it'll be good. After Halo, Bungie has earned all my love and respect. Best community support ever, and great studios and games.

Naughty Dog: Have they ever made a bad game? Come on, Naught Dog are top tier.

Bethesda: Skyrim is one of the best RPGs ever made.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 09:05:08 am »
EA Sports
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 05:24:01 pm »
Non-SEGA:

Ninja Theory, Rockstar, Sandlot(developers of Bikini Samurai Squad and Earth Defense Force 2017), Tri-Ace, Team Symphonia (Tales of Vesperia), Remedy and Capcom pre-Resident Evil 5.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 11:01:21 pm »
Back before they were gobbled up by Sony, Psygnosis (sp?) had a few gems that were technical marvels and quite fun to play. Other studios included Koei (I adored the amazing Japanese war simulations on the old NES) and Hudson.

Last but not least, Nihon Falcom... Famous for the Ys series of games over the years and blew me away when I first invested in the beast, the original TurboGrafx CD. Sure the Sega consoles did get a little Ys love but I'm happy that these games have been re imagined on the PSP/Vita. I dream of a native Ys title for that handheld monster.

Others I still am fond of are...

EA as a publisher... (flame suit is on but how can anyone hate the Mass Effect series and Need For Speed?)

Developers alone...

ADK - developed almost exclusively for the Neo Geo and the wonder (and hard as fuck) launch title Magician Lord and other great games on the platform.

Chair - Known for the Infinity Blade series on iOS.

TellTale Games - Makers of the Strongbad series and the crown jewel, with a full cooperative effort from Universal Studios no less, Back to The Future series. If you haven't tried the demo, give it a shot if you love the movies, every bit of the game is sewn together with incredible attention to detail. Even the original soundtrack.

Sony Santa Monica - Without them how else could I splatter blood with a grin in God of War

Epic Games - Gears of War and its sequels... 'nuff said there.

Bungie - Originally a Mac developer only who brought us Halo. Without the bold move of forking over a shitload of money, the FPS genre wouldn't be much of a success on consoles. Halo was actually planned to be a Macintosh exclusive and was shown shown in early form at a Macworld keynote with Steve Jobs. The Mac did get Halo years later but no sequels to the first.

Bethesda - Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3... How do I love thee?  :o

I loved Psygnosis games like Agony and Shadow of the Beast trilogy for thr Amiga 500.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 10:58:53 pm »
I loved Psygnosis games like Agony and Shadow of the Beast trilogy for thr Amiga 500.

Early on they had made a lot of games for the Genesis with EA as the publisher. Shadow Of the Beast being one of them. Granted it was far better on the Amiga and imagine just as insanely hard.

I had to cut my non Sega developer list short as it was getting rather long winded.

When I think of developers long gone, I would have loved to see what Factor 5 (also a Amiga developer) that always had a reputation for pushing the limits of Nintendo consoles for ages from the Super NES to the GameCube. Imagine how Star Wars arcade would have been pushed further on the Saturn as opposed to the N64.

While Rogue Squadron was amazing to see in action on the N64 with the expansion pak installed, how awesome would have looked and played on the Saturn or even better, the Dreamcast.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

3raser

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 11:13:05 pm »
Activision
Konami
Insomniac Games
Namco
Square Enix
Take-Two Interactive
Warner Bros. Interactive
Universal

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 06:28:20 am »
I think after beating Advance Wars and Fire Emblem, I think Intelligent Systems is Nintendo's best development team.

Even with Miyamoto's intervening of Sticker Star, I still liked the game.

They also made WarioWare I think, so yeah...