Author Topic: PS vita is doing extremely bad in japan  (Read 50748 times)

Offline FourCartridge

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: PS vita is doing extremely bad in japan
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2013, 11:43:47 am »
it is considered a big gamble. but if it only took 200 games a year or even 100 it would be areason to purchase and ofcourse loyal online servers. but thats not the case

and that is why the sony community themself dont even purchase it.

the question there is. when can i purchase it

I've seen this before. Someone at another forum I visit called it "subliminal advertising" even though it's nothing like it:

"1: I decide to get a PS3 new because it comes free with "Uncharted 3" and "Dust" (I don't play "Dust", but that's okay).
2: I noticed I get 1 month free trail of PS+.
3: I get a ton of free games through PS+, including "Spec Ops" and "Darksiders".
4: I notice that I have to maintain a PS+ membership to continue playing the games, but its only $18 for 3 months. Great price for what I'm getting.
5: I notice that some of the games are no longer free, so I download the files for the PSP and Vita titles that are still free while I can.
6: Now I'm planning my purchase of a Vita (which I can get with more free months of PS+)."

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »
The PS+ and Vita combination would be fantastic we're it not for the Vita's memory problem.
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2013, 05:39:53 pm »
Sony's biggest mistake is not putting the PS2 Store on the VIta.

I can see at least some peopl;e buying the Vita as a portable PS2 in the meantime when trhe Vita's game launches are scarce...

I wanted to get a few PS2 games on it myself, but Sony say that they can't do that.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2013, 08:43:43 pm »
Sony's biggest mistake is not putting the PS2 Store on the VIta.

I can see at least some peopl;e buying the Vita as a portable PS2 in the meantime when trhe Vita's game launches are scarce...

I wanted to get a few PS2 games on it myself, but Sony say that they can't do that.

I can only think that reason being is some if the size of some PS2 title vs. the expensive memory cards and the largest being 32GB for the Vita. I dislike Sony as they always use alternate proprietary storage that is of course, expensive as hell. The largest game I have stored on my 32GB card is the Metal Gear Collection which is rather close to the capacity of a single layer DVD. I don't know if these games are emulated partially or a complete code rewrite since the use of the touch screen and other changes such as as newer compression technology. The download weighs in at 3.2 GB after install.

I know many PS2 games don't use the full capacity of the DVD, but I imagine despite that, it would be awesome. Especially if hard to find games were made portable.

I'd love to relive Kingdom Hearts on the go and the Vita should be able to emulate it just fine. The size of such games would stack up pretty quick and you can't swap cards on the fly since your PSN account is stored on the card itself.

This is one part where Nintendo made a smart move sticking with SD cards on not only the 3DS but the Wii U as well for more storage. A long running and inexpensive storage medium.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2013, 12:56:15 pm »
Not only does Nintendo use SD cards on their consoles, but the file size limit is much higher as well.

I really don't get this move from Sony. With the PSP they used MemorySticks....ok it was the main format in Sony products, it makes sense. But with the Vita they use something that isn't usable anywhere else.

Greedy and shortsighted move.
SEG4GES

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »
Not only does Nintendo use SD cards on their consoles, but the file size limit is much higher as well.

I really don't get this move from Sony. With the PSP they used MemorySticks....ok it was the main format in Sony products, it makes sense. But with the Vita they use something that isn't usable anywhere else.

Greedy and shortsighted move.

I think more or less this wasn't a greed move but a somewhat expensive step to curb software piracy which is rampant on the PSP. I see tons of hacked PSP's for sale at elevated prices for copied games. So I can see Sony wanting to not only protect their software from piracy but third party developers as well.

That is the only logic I can make of it.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2013, 05:07:10 am »
piracy is a well serious issue indeed. they say its just one percent that does it. but honestly we all here pirate some of the things. but psp was the largest being pirated so. but too strict is never a good idea.

the 3DS issnt pirated as well is cheap. i gotta admit graphics are not all that,but everyone will telll u good story about resident evil revelations zelda power of illusion etc. or even the new castlevania which i havent played yet

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2013, 06:27:39 am »
How does having expensive memory solutions stops piracy at all? So people won't have space for pirating things? People don't even have space for bought games!
SEG4GES

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2013, 07:35:37 am »
How does having expensive memory solutions stops piracy at all? So people won't have space for pirating things? People don't even have space for bought games!

i think the encryption of the psvita memorycard makes it harder to pirate. u have to hack the psvita and after that you need to decrypt the memorycard thats twice the obstacle. also everygame of the vita is identical to itself alone. u can play assassins creed pirated for example but the other copy has a whole different code. i dont have knowledge of this i only say what i once red on the pspiso site from hackers.

but ofcourse for everything there is a way always;)

but to prove the point the memory card is also an obstacle cause it is encrypted. only for use with vita

but the size dont matter ;)

it would be awesome if someone hacks the vita to use any other memory card then sony :) and someone who can hack the memory limit.
honestly sometimes hacking is considered in my eyes as freedom.

the 3ds however gives me the feeling that i dont have to hack it. im a proud owner of 13 boxed 3ds games and 1ds which is sonic collection

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2013, 08:57:19 am »
I can only think that reason being is some if the size of some PS2 title vs. the expensive memory cards and the largest being 32GB for the Vita. I dislike Sony as they always use alternate proprietary storage that is of course, expensive as hell. The largest game I have stored on my 32GB card is the Metal Gear Collection which is rather close to the capacity of a single layer DVD. I don't know if these games are emulated partially or a complete code rewrite since the use of the touch screen and other changes such as as newer compression technology. The download weighs in at 3.2 GB after install.

I know many PS2 games don't use the full capacity of the DVD, but I imagine despite that, it would be awesome. Especially if hard to find games were made portable.

I'd love to relive Kingdom Hearts on the go and the Vita should be able to emulate it just fine. The size of such games would stack up pretty quick and you can't swap cards on the fly since your PSN account is stored on the card itself.

This is one part where Nintendo made a smart move sticking with SD cards on not only the 3DS but the Wii U as well for more storage. A long running and inexpensive storage medium.

It's certainly an issue, but as long as I keep my saves should I delete the game for space (like I did on my Wii), it should be fine to swap out games for other games with the saves intact (they barely make up the 8MB that they were designed for.

Best if they had PS2 games available rather then only PSP/PS1 games (as great as they are, they don't have the library of the PS2).

@semmie: The 3DS is region locked though...which sucks for Europeans who can't get ATLUS games in a timely fashion....at least the Vita is Region Free.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:59:29 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2013, 11:28:58 am »
It's certainly an issue, but as long as I keep my saves should I delete the game for space (like I did on my Wii), it should be fine to swap out games for other games with the saves intact (they barely make up the 8MB that they were designed for.

Best if they had PS2 games available rather then only PSP/PS1 games (as great as they are, they don't have the library of the PS2).

@semmie: The 3DS is region locked though...which sucks for Europeans who can't get ATLUS games in a timely fashion....at least the Vita is Region Free.

I don't disagree with you, I'd love to have some of the PS2 games brought back in download media. I shuffled a few PSP games around and my saves were left intact just as the PSOne games.

The Vita certainly has the power to run a PS2 game even if modified for the Vita to use the touch screen for L3 and R3 and the rear touch panel for L2 and R2 as its done the the MGS collection.

On the 5 inch screen the games still look great between MGS2 and the amazing visuals of MGS3. My annoyance factor is Sony is not allowing all PSOne games to be played on the Vita when the same digital copies could be played on a vanilla stock PSP... Still Xenogears and a few others run perfectly. If I want my R-Type Delta fix, the Vita does not deliver.

That I find annoying.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2013, 12:02:39 pm »
do u think there is a possibility in the future that it will be slimmer?
since the vita sells so low, why would they bother they make it slimmer?would it be asking for more fails? or would it make peeps think like ah ok its cheaper n slimmer lets do this
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:08:37 pm by semmie »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2013, 12:30:41 pm »
do u think there is a possibility in the future that it will be slimmer?
since the vita sells so low, why would they bother they make it slimmer?would it be asking for more fails? or would it make peeps think like ah ok its cheaper n slimmer lets do this

Vita is already slim as the PSP slim. I don't see how you could make it much slimmer.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2013, 01:32:00 pm »
Vita is already slim as the PSP slim. I don't see how you could make it much slimmer.

The PSPGo is waay slimmer. And it's the best PSP by far (for pirating that is).
SEG4GES

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2013, 02:24:23 pm »

never say never
thin like an a4 paper

but i mean slim is cool. but any advancement to a newer version of the psvita. honestly with these low sails i dont see it coming.

the tcrucial verdictwould be if ps4 does bad as well

and id like to believe that sega comes where sony starts to cry