Author Topic: PS vita is doing extremely bad in japan  (Read 50759 times)

Offline TartarusReaper

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: PS vita is doing extremely bad in japan
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2013, 11:46:52 pm »
Which one has better battery life, the WiFi Vita or the 3DS XL

The XL edges out the Wi-Fi Vita. It's kind of hard to tell just by how much, even though I have the both of them. I'm having to charge the Vita more than my XL is all I can really say (and I play the Vita less).

As for the Full Frontal Assault Port...that's so bad that it's gone past being funny to being just plain awful. It's like they really don't care anymore.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2013, 05:30:59 am »
I never bothered getting R&C on the Vita. Who did the port? The MGS collection is top notch.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2013, 06:06:02 am »
I never bothered getting R&C on the Vita. Who did the port? The MGS collection is top notch.
A developer with no background called Tin Giant. Insomniac had no involvement in it apparently.

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2013, 10:54:06 am »
Either Insomniac is very low on resources working on PS4 or it was decided as a very low priority "budget" decision. Either way, that was a bad decision. Not only making Sony and the Vita look bad, but also Insomniac letting such a key IP go to a smaller (and unknown) developer.

I could only imagine if Konami outsourced the MGS ports to the Vita as well as the PS3. The backlash from MGS fans everywhere would be outside the offices with torches and pitchforks.

It's a crying shame. If the Jak trilogy gets botched like that (beautiful in full 1080 on PS3) and sub 60fps on the Vita, more of my gaming dollars set aside for handhelds will go to Luigi's Mansion along with upgrading to a XL model.

The sharp edges get uncomfortable after a good session of Nano Assault which may be a launch title for the 3DS, but kept its 60 FPS beauty with only minimal stutter.

Or my cash going to the eShop for more tables in Zen Pinball on the Wii U. I have Zen Pinball for the 3DS but the low resolution and somewhat low refresh rate made it a bad impulse buy on the 3DS.

Have you considered the Chase McCain Lego game on the 3DS? That is on my acquire list regardless if I upgrade to a XL model or not. After playing the Wii U version of the same title, they have a different storyline and I was rather surprised that Tt (Travelers Tales) made a decent game not relying on a movie tie in for sales. It's no "Grand Theft Lego" but a humorous take on many police shows and some movie gags tied in.

Just been working so much I haven't had much time for gaming or to even stop by the forums.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2013, 10:58:27 am »
I always thought the sharp edges were terribly uncomfortable as well. The XL deals with that.

When I think about it, the OG 3ds kind of sucks

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2013, 11:44:35 am »
I've only hung onto my original model since it's the so called limited edition model yet during my last trip to Gamestop, there were two used versions of the same model.

So it's much less limited and the last hype BS I buy into. Ever.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2013, 12:30:19 pm »
I use this Mario Kart 7 wheel on my 3DS at all times, it works pretty well as a grip.

Also, the Ratchet and Clank Qforce Vita port was outsourced.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2013, 04:02:28 pm »
I'm getting a 3DS XL.

After some thinking and research, although both the XL and the Vita cost about the same, nothing really stands out on the Vita. It feels like it's just PS3 games on a smaller screen.
I'm waiting for E3 tho, but I doubt anything will change my mind at this point.
SEG4GES

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2013, 04:45:36 pm »
I still have my Vita which I plan on keeping as I have three generations of my favorite games on the original PlayStation and the Ys games for the PSP and a few others and finally games for the Vita itself. My 3DS need more love as it hasn't seen much play except when playing LoZ:OOT 3D and Starfox. I still occasionally frustrate myself with Nano Assault which does wonders at kicking my ass.

Honestly, the portable game I've been playing the most is on my iPhone. The Pinball HD series of games from Gameprom. Having a Slayer Pinball table is just awesomesause to me complete with soundtrack. That and the vertical display of the iPhone just feels natural. The game absolutely screams on the iPhone 5 and the 4S before it. For Android owners, it's a Nvidia Tegra exclusive which really sucks. This game deserves more!

I want a Sega themed Pinball game now. Not Sonic Spinball, some cool hardware based table such as playing inside a Sega Saturn or other hardware.

I'd buy it and possibly kill my battery with a non stop session!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »
So I guess the Zelda 3DS is like, rare. So I will sell it, get extra cash and upgrade to a XL.

WOOT.

Offline TartarusReaper

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2013, 03:28:29 pm »
Oh yeah, that's a collector's edition so it should be worth a nice amount.

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2013, 03:54:49 pm »
So I guess the Zelda 3DS is like, rare. So I will sell it, get extra cash and upgrade to a XL.

WOOT.

The two I've seen for sale around a month ago were going for the same used price as a standard small screen 3DS. I love the looks and all of mine but also disappointed as it seemed to be early sales hype by GameStop for Christmas holiday sales. To me, I liked the look and LoZ:OOT 3D as a pack in made for a fine deal.

The other was a all red Super Mario themed 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land.

The Zelda units sold out fast as the black and gold looked really class (and still does) but I'd love a XL update to the Legend Of Zelda package. Still have my original box and such, just hurts my hands after a while with the sharp edges/corners.

I think with a Sega Partnership, a Game Gear themed 3DS XL would be worth a instant sale especially if Nintendo can convince Sega for to produce AAA class Sonic title or a collection that includes Sonic Adventure. (Dreamcast themed 3DS XL oh fuck yeah!)

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »
my bad
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:49:55 pm by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2013, 04:56:46 pm »
And this is why you don't put images hosted on 4chan on internet forums. :V

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2013, 03:51:53 pm »

Vita jumps in Japan, stays lousy everywhere else.

Also check out the WiiU. Amazing.
SEG4GES