Author Topic: Project X zone demo out NOW in europe  (Read 19122 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Project X zone demo out NOW in europe
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 10:06:17 pm »
I might have some good news. I'm having a sort of fan launch party for the game next month with games that are represented in Project X Zone and my local GameStop may help me with it by giving the copy of the game as prizes.

What games are you planning to have played if this goes through?

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 10:37:28 pm »
What games are you planning to have played if this goes through?
Most of the games that are covered in Project X Zone. It's going to take place at AppleBees and I have a couple of friends that will help me with it. There will be 3 stations covering Namco, Capcom, and SEGA games plus another TV for anime adaptations of the games. I'll be covering the SEGA station of course since I have almost all the games that are in Project X Zone.

Ok, so I've watched the demo on YouTube to list more SEGA references in the game. (I've watched a lot of the playthroughs of the Japanese versions as well) and here's the catch from the demo. A lot of Sakura Wars references ahead.

- Morolians from the first Space Channel 5 are one of the enemy units.

- Koumas and Pawns, the ancient demons and the armored steam robot birds from the first and third Sakura Wars game are also enemy units.

- Ryu (Originally Pai Chan I think), mentions that the location is Ginza, one of the cities that are a part of the Imperial Capital from Sakura Wars.

- Riela shouts reinforcements to intercept the enemy. A reference to Valkyria Chronicles strategy gameplay?
- Not so fast, Sakura's famous quote to the enemy before battle along with "The Imperial Assault Force is here!" aka Teikoku Kagekidan! Sanjou! shouted by Oogami Ichiro and the group after entering in battle.

- Gemini mentions Shinjiro Taiga, Oogami's nephew and the main character of the fifth game.

- Ogami and Sakura are shocked to see Ayame Fujieda aka Kouma Aya-me alive after she died in the first Sakura Wars game twice (One time by Aoi Satan and as the Angel Micheal).

- Many of Sakura and Ogami's attacks are a mix from the first two Sakura Wars games. I like how they added Maria's gun into the mix and the straws from Sakura's minigame that she cuts in Sakura Wars 2.

- Gemini tells Ulala Texas greetings can be a little rough (A reference to Sakura Wars V Episode 0?)

- Gemini and Erica's attacks from their games. Gemini uses her attacks from V: Episode 0 as her horse Larry did while Erica is clumsy as usual and uses her Good Morning dance from Sakura Wars 3.

- Ulala and the characters of the AGES shows up to help them take down the enemy (Harrier, Opa Opa, Scooter).

- Ulala says she's feeling...... funky! Get your groove on sister! Up down left right chu chu chu.

- Gemini shouts Victory Pose, the thing that the Sakura Wars characters say after a end of a battle, with Ulala saying stay tuned, another quote she says after clearing a report in Space Channel 5.

- Looks like Mexican Flyer has been replaced with another tune from SC5. License issues perhaps?

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 05:05:39 am »
I kinda wish Sega had the balls to do a team up game like this be it a fighter or RPG.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 06:25:48 am »
That's SRPG for ya.

I don't get this statement. SRPGs are supposed to be challenging and engaging without overwhelming the player early on.

Fanservice with random button presses to do damage isn't really a SRPG really, more like a Chess game where "Press A + direction to win", and hope you win.

I don't mind the idea, but I don't want to buy a game that has no substance and lots of style.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 03:54:29 pm »
I kinda wish Sega had the balls to do a team up game like this be it a fighter or RPG.
On that I agree.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 06:51:11 am »
The thing is, its not that i think they can't do it or even scared to do it but that they wont do it because this type of game is "beneath" them. I see every conceivable team up from sega japan in the last two years except they aren't actual games. Its either a costume Sega character template nonsense in titles such as BORDERBREAK and PSportable or that card sega all star pack that they did with SAMURAI AND DRAGONS. We see how succesful sumo digital has done it with Sonic which they wont release in japan for some reason. its frustrating because Sega was up there when these type of games started to appear on the market with capcom's Streetfighter alpha and Marvel series, with there own version FIGHTERS MEGAMIX and possibly the first RPG team up crossover CLIMAX LANDERS/TIMESTALKERS which was basically a LANDSTALKER/SHINING cross over game with the addition of lady stalker.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 09:08:15 am »
Now that you mention that, I think it would be amazing if SEGA rereleased shining force 3 on the 3DS. Perfect platform for that game. SEGA should really consider if it's possible...

Offline ROJM

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 10:30:41 am »
Sega can't or wont rerelease ShF3 because of rights issues with Camelot, they both co own the game, Camelot somehow owns the Premium edition. Anyway that's the way its been till now. So who knows.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 01:44:56 pm »
Yeah I figured.. Would be cool if nintendo/camelot and SEGA agreed upon it. Camelot is a big loss, but its nice to see that theyre still a great dev team apart from the mario golf games.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2013, 06:25:33 pm »
SEGA perferring the newer games (Tony Taka's Artwork) over Camelot's iteration of the franchise is another reason.

But Camelot could troll SEGA by putting some Shining Force references into the next Golden Sun game, lol.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2013, 10:29:37 am »
Tony Taka should die.. >:(

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 10:18:33 pm »
This demo comes out tomorrow on the US eshop right? Looking forward to trying it. I suck at grid strategy games, so this might be right up my alley if it's too easy for people who are good at strategy games, ha.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 02:23:35 am »
This demo comes out tomorrow on the US eshop right? Looking forward to trying it. I suck at grid strategy games, so this might be right up my alley if it's too easy for people who are good at strategy games, ha.
I'm going to let my friend know about the demo and play it before I head to work!

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 01:33:41 pm »
played earlier today, my feelings on the demo are mixed, leaning towards don't like. I'll give it another try, but it all seems like random button bashing, so in a way it is a fighting game. lol

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 06:08:32 pm »
Just played the Imperial Demo and I have to say that I like it. It's more like a press A+Directional pad at the right time to deal more damage and if you summon your solo unit, the enemy will stay in place which is a "Cross Attack". I can't wait to play more of it for the character interactions, got a little excited with Ryu and Gemini Sunrise.