Author Topic: Project X zone demo out NOW in europe  (Read 19118 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Project X zone demo out NOW in europe
« on: May 24, 2013, 05:58:43 am »
Let's hope US can try it out soon too

Edit:
Update: North America will not be getting the demo this week. A Namco Bandai USA representative confirmed to Siliconera: “We will not be releasing the demo here this week. Once I have a solid date for the North American release, I’ll be happy to share that with you.”
source:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/20/project-x-zone-to-see-surprise-demo-in-europe-this-week/

I've just tried it out so here are my impressions:

At first I was like wtf is happening. It takes a little time to get into. It's basically an SRPG similar to shining force or fire emblem, but once you attack you have the freedom to choose your combos untill some sort of bar drains out(i'm actually not so sure what causes a stop, but at least i know there's a limit). You only move one character per turn but one character stands for a team of 2 charachters. So let's say I move ichiro on the field, Sakura will be part of his team within the attack scenes.

Story wise the whole demo is voiced. With teams of Ryu&Ken, Ichiro&Sakura, Gemini&Erica, Kurt&Riela, Soma&Alisa and Kite&Blackrose. Really don't know who some of them are. The story seems to be your typical japanese soap drama weirdness so far. Kind of threw me off a little bit but it's actually not that bad.

Overall I really really liked what i've played of it so far. My god those battles are some of the most epic 2d battles i've seen ever. You're able to do some sort of special move(the ones with the cutscene like animations) once a bar fills and there have been some great jawdropping moments.

I am sold on this game. Not only becase it is a great game, but it seems it's not being sold at full price in the e shop. Instead of 40 euro it's only 35.

Anyone else from europe tried it out?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:55:40 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: Project X zone demo out NOW in europe
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 06:24:52 am »
I need to try this game out!

In a SRPG mood lately, so this may help give me even more options!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:43:58 am »
I just finished the demo now. I gotta say It's very different from the typical SRPG. It puts a lot more emphasis on spectacle rather than strategy. But yeah you can't determine someting like that from a short demo.

There's just so much stuff on screen and things you can do within the attacks. When you attack someone with an ally close to you, you can get them to help you by pressing R, and you can also get another locked character support(which is ulala for sakura and ichiro) by pressing L. The screen gets filled with so much chaos that you don't even know what's happening lol. So what I do is just look at the healthbars and I hope the enemy dies

There seems to be news about a new demo soon

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/23/project-x-zone-gets-a-second-demo-in-europe-next-month/

Pretty good move to draw attention to the game. Really nice
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:01:41 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 07:48:28 am »
Damn....I was hoping for some strategy involved in the game rather then the "YEEEEEEHAW" scenario of attack, attack, attack!

Btw, haven't heard from you in awhile. Been busy?

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 08:19:45 am »
Yeah I don't know if you've tried out the game already. But it didn't require me to know the ins and outs to beat it. But I enjoyed it.

Lol i've been pretty active here. Not busy or anything, just not at "home"

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 09:56:37 pm »
I have to find my 3DS!

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »
Tried it, thought it was an awful "press A to spam attacks" way of making a "Strategy RPG", not even the characters would make me return to this game again.

Sorry to say it, but I didn't like it.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 03:46:16 pm »
Tried it, thought it was an awful "press A to spam attacks" way of making a "Strategy RPG", not even the characters would make me return to this game again.

That's SRPG for ya.
Guess I'll have a go at it when the game comes out. I think the best part of the game is the characters and their unique abilities from their respected franchises. Not to mention their conversations with each other.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 04:11:52 pm by Kori-Maru »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 05:27:23 pm »

Nah, while I disagree, I can perfectly understand that. The game is more about fanservice than being a serious challenge. I can see how they wanted to keep the fanservice accesable hence making the game not too hard.

I do hope that it does become a little less mindless eventually. There's gonna be another demo next month

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 06:15:52 pm »
Nah, while I disagree, I can perfectly understand that. The game is more about fanservice than being a serious challenge. I can see how they wanted to keep the fanservice accesable hence making the game not too hard.

I do hope that it does become a little less mindless eventually. There's gonna be another demo next month
There are more mission objectives during the game and later it'll get harder. I've also heard that the game gets repeatitive at times but some SRPG games are like that. Project X Zone still excites me in so many levels.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 08:59:19 am »
^Yeah true. I think the repetitiveness of the genre is why challenge is so important. Nameless isnt the only one i've seen with that sentiment. While i'm fine with that, i'd like to see some more required effort eventually. Maybe this wasn't the perfect demo for "fans of the genre". So crossing my fingers the next demo will be a little more demanding

The fanservice is definitly great however. The little touches are great. With every character you move, a different theme song plays. When you defeat an enemy it says KO!!, like in street fighter. That part excites me a lot as well :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:01:34 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 09:06:21 am »
I might have some good news. I'm having a sort of fan launch party for the game next month with games that are represented in Project X Zone and my local GameStop may help me with it by giving the copy of the game as prizes.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 09:19:03 am »
still no US demo? :(

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 10:55:53 am »
still no US demo? :(
June 4th, going to have to borrow a 3DS!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 03:31:41 pm »
Nice! I still have to preorder.