Author Topic: E3 2013 Megatopic  (Read 24996 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: E3 2013 Megatopic
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 02:20:27 pm »
Kingdom Hearts III was the big one for me, but thats multi-plat like MGS is. Best titles appear to be multi so far.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 02:27:19 pm »
Have never been a fan of the Kingdom Hearts games. I'm not saying they're bad or anything like that; they simply don't appeal to me. *shrugs*
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline TJKitsune

• Total Meseta: 13
  • That Crazy Fox
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 02:37:31 pm »
Crimson Dragon on Xbox and The Order on PS4 were the only ones to really catch my eye.  I am getting tired of all the flame wars about the DRM and 24-hour check-in on Xbox and how people are jumping ship to PS4. 

Yeah, I'm no fan of the 24-hour check-in and I worry a little what it means about the possibility of renting game from my local Family Video to try out some full games and eventually buy it, or allowing my friends to borrow games (but I guess I could put friends under my "Family" list and let them have access to all my games...but Microsoft hasn't stated exactly how all that works yet..) 

To me, it's all politics..  PS4 (republicans), Xbox (Democrats) and Wii-U (Tea Party/other).  I've decided I'm getting all 3.  For sure supporting Sega's ventures on the Wii-U with the Sonic exclusives and I'd really like to play Bayonetta and the new Monolith JRPG they're working on.  Sega's doing mostly digital content anyway, so any future releases will likely be on all the systems at one point or another, so physical games are kinda moot at that point to me..  So, I guess personally, it just comes down to which one can I afford/want most first.

There's also 5-6 months left for Microsoft to maybe rethink their strategies.  Who knows what could happen in a year with any of these systems...  Sony's already starting to require PS+ for online multiplay..  Who's to say down the road with a future firmware update to PS4 that some kind of DRM or check-in won't be required?

And I just totally ranted....  Sorry, sorry!! 

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 03:02:58 pm »
Crimson Dragon looks pretty cool.
Forza is great as always, lets see how Driveclub compares.

Killzone looks amazing.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2013, 03:50:39 pm »
I'm pretty much on the same page you are, TJKitsune.

I'm not a fan of some of Xbox One's policies, but I'm not at that point of being some anti-DRM activist, deeming anybody who has an ounce of liking for the console as some anti-consumer nazi. I swear, the people who go to the extreme of calling people who *might* get an Xbox One evil or some shit need their head's examined. A good game is a good game, I don't care about the hardware anymore. Like I said in the past, I hated Wii U, but Bayo 2 and Sonic Lost World has turned me around. Hell, even the 32X has good games. Xbox One isn't a Day One, but it is an eventual purchase.

I really think a lot of the issues arose from the ability to play games without a disc. Of course, once every 24 hour check in and some of the DRM stuff has other motives, but they very much are there to keep the loading the entire game onto your console thing in check. I think it's a cool feature, as I like to switch between disc games often. Also, with the blu-ray player, I usually have a move disc in that I am wathing bits of every morning before work. Keep the movie disc in, saves my spot, meanwhile the games I frequently play are pre-loaded on the HDD.

Anyway, as of now I'll be getting a Wii U by November. Won't get a PS4 or One for a while.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 04:05:55 pm »
I wasn't very excited during the Nintendo stream, mostly due to quality/lag issues, and thought they were playing it wayyyy too safe. After watching many of the videos separately though, especially developer interviews/demos, I'm kind of in love with each of their exclusives. They haven't wowed me into an instant purchase yet, but all their games clearly demonstrate fun over cinematic bullshit.

I went from, "Cat Mario? Why the fuck would..." to "Holy crap, that looks hilarious." I imagine I'll squeeze a Wii U into my living room later this year, hopefully with a PS3 as well (finally), and a PS4 next summer.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 04:11:00 pm »
3D World looks awesome. 3D Land was the first 3D Mario that I truly loved, so I can't wait for 3D World!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 07:05:35 pm »
I haven't  been keeping up with E3 at all this year, so I'll try to catch up once the dust settles.

So far I'm only excited for Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Bayonetta 2. Hopefully by the time Bayo 2 comes around the Wii U will have a decent library of games, at least I'll probably get Bayo and Wonderful 101. I really don't have any desire to buy a Wii U, so disappointing Sega wouldn't publish themselves and release on Xbox 360/PS3/PC as well.

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt I'll get on Master Race, just hope my PC can handle it.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2013, 01:45:14 am »
I'm pretty much on the same page you are, TJKitsune.

I'm not a fan of some of Xbox One's policies, but I'm not at that point of being some anti-DRM activist, deeming anybody who has an ounce of liking for the console as some anti-consumer nazi. I swear, the people who go to the extreme of calling people who *might* get an Xbox One evil or some shit need their head's examined. A good game is a good game, I don't care about the hardware anymore. Like I said in the past, I hated Wii U, but Bayo 2 and Sonic Lost World has turned me around. Hell, even the 32X has good games. Xbox One isn't a Day One, but it is an eventual purchase.

I really think a lot of the issues arose from the ability to play games without a disc. Of course, once every 24 hour check in and some of the DRM stuff has other motives, but they very much are there to keep the loading the entire game onto your console thing in check. I think it's a cool feature, as I like to switch between disc games often. Also, with the blu-ray player, I usually have a move disc in that I am wathing bits of every morning before work. Keep the movie disc in, saves my spot, meanwhile the games I frequently play are pre-loaded on the HDD.

Anyway, as of now I'll be getting a Wii U by November. Won't get a PS4 or One for a while.

A good game is a good game, yes, but when the hardware itself encroaches on privileges we as gamers have had for over 20 years kinda' sucks the fun out of it. Especially when you take into consideration that neither Sony or Nintendo are currently demanding gamers to make such sacrifices. On top of that, the current generation of gaming is aggravating enough without Microsoft making matters more difficult.

Say I'm wanting to play a game I haven't touched in awhile - most recently, it was Ghostbusters: The Video Game - and rather than playing the game, I must first download a 59mb patch and wait for it to install. It takes awhile since my connection isn't the greatest. Which brings me back to the new Xbox. I've gone days without internet before. When I don't have the internet, I'm gonna' be spending even more time gaming. Thankfully, the Xbox isn't my only option. Otherwise, I'd be fucked; as I'm sure many gamers that invest in this thing will be. The modern age is already a pain in the ass; Microsoft, in my opinion, seems intent on making it a bigger one.

Someone raised another issue early; what's gonna' happen when Microsoft decides to retire Xbox One? Are users going to be able to even play their games once the service ceases? It raises too many question marks and makes the experience more trouble than it's worth. Console gaming shouldn't be this complicated, expensive or restrictive.

However, on a more positive note, many DVD and Blu-ray players - not to mention the PS3 - save your place on several movie discs you view long after you've played countless games and other films....

The other day, I threw my AVGN: Volume 2 DVD in my PS3 after having watched Ghostbusters 1 and 2, the entire first volume of The Real Ghostbusters, End of Watch and Cabin in the Woods, and the player went right back to the very spot I had stopped AVGN lord knows how many weeks prior. You can enjoy that feature now! :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:48:27 am by mylifewithsega »
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2013, 11:18:01 am »
I got PS4 pre-ordered, can't wait. Pre-ordered a while after the conference, i mean amazon doesn't charge you until it ships out the order, so there was no reason not to. and i got an email today from them saying I'm guaranteed a launch unit if everything goes as planned :)

so hopefully I'll have enough money saved up by the time PS4 comes out, if not, i'll have to cancel my order, not a big deal.

Really excited to play next gen games.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2013, 12:12:20 pm »
I can't believe that Bayonetta 2 will have an online co op mode. Wow that makes the whole thing sooooooo much more appealing on top of how amazing it already is.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2013, 01:29:36 pm »
How long do you think it'll take for the slim versions of the Xbone and PS4 come out?
SEG4GES

Offline TJKitsune

• Total Meseta: 13
  • That Crazy Fox
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2013, 01:37:28 pm »
How long do you think it'll take for the slim versions of the Xbone and PS4 come out?

Probably depends on what bugs they may have..  The 2nd version of the PS3 was released within 2-3 years after the original.  Xbox Slim came around 2-3 years as well.  So, going by that, the 2nd revision of the new consoles will likely come out around 2015.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2013, 06:16:05 pm »
Dead Rising 3 sounds like hot garbage. Capcom is just... what a joke. There goes the only reason I might have wanted an Xbone.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/dead-rising-3-reaches-for-the-call-of-duty-crowd-6409900/

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2013, 06:23:46 pm »
Yeah, I think Microsoft should have went with someone else for a exclusive. After playing Dead Rising 2 I didn't care about the franchise anymore.

Also they got a exclusive from the 'Sony known partner' Insomniac Games, but frankly, after Fuse. I want nothing to do with their games. Though I like the artstyle in the game.

Ryse tho, regardless of the dumb title, reminded me of Viking: Battle for Asgard mixed with better 'unit battling'. Though it seems a bit linear in the trailer.

Has Microsoft unveiled the Xbox ONe launch line up? I'm not getting one, just wondering. Honestly everyone I know is now getting the PS4 (contrast to last generation which was mostly 360).