Author Topic: Sonic Runners: A New iOS / Android game?  (Read 59491 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Sonic Runners: A New iOS / Android game?
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2015, 02:53:03 pm »
It's like how PSO works, there is a pool of various pre made level parts it selects from and then joins say 3 together in a random order so it feels different but without ever being so randomly generated that it breaks up the flow of the levels. No weird anomalies or strangely placed platforms.

I thought that would be the case. I don't really like that kind of level creation, as it's really quantity over quality.

Either way, is it possible to play this game offline? I know some games lock you play only connected to the net (like some SNK games) which is horrible for me since I would only play this on the bus or on a train when I have no net connection.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2015, 02:57:57 pm »
I thought that would be the case. I don't really like that kind of level creation, as it's really quantity over quality.

Either way, is it possible to play this game offline? I know some games lock you play only connected to the net (like some SNK games) which is horrible for me since I would only play this on the bus or on a train when I have no net connection.

Most if not all of SEGA Networks games are always online.

Not sure why this game even has that though, you don't need a buddy to complete the missions like you do in stuff like Chain Chronicle or Dragon Coins.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2015, 03:05:48 pm »
Most if not all of SEGA Networks games are always online.

Not sure why this game even has that though, you don't need a buddy to complete the missions like you do in stuff like Chain Chronicle or Dragon Coins.

Probably so you can make In-app purchases or so they can collect data or something. Actually, could be to stop cheating as well? So you can't alter the files and unlock everything without paying, or fake 'grinding' to avoid paying?
Either way, if it's not offline I'm not going to bother since I wouldn't be able to play it on the go anyway.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2015, 03:33:21 pm »
Pretty sure its server side to stop cheating.
Made by SEGA

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2015, 04:56:24 pm »
Shame though, the game is pretty fun. Much more focused then Sonic Jump Fever.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2015, 05:39:41 pm »
yeah, stop cheating and collecting data; knowing what people like and what leads them to use real money is a big big part of these games.

It is F2P after all.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2015, 07:09:05 pm »
I think the Runners music is great. a nice mix between Classic and Modern. Definitely sounds like Sonic music, IMO.

Offline George

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2015, 08:15:06 pm »
Yeah, thought they did a good job. Seems that most people here aren't really into it. That's a shame.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2015, 09:08:43 pm »
Well, watching all the stuff that was founded in data of the game, I can guarantee you that this game is gonna be a full fan service show for long time Sonic fans, especially the Heroes side.

Being a F2P only makes it better because everybody can try the game without excuses.

I think the game could turn a profit for Sega just like Dash when they reach 1 million active users/80 million downloads. That's a lot of people and maybe a 15% of them will use IAP.

Maybe ST could learn something about how handled fans requests with this experience.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2015, 08:50:21 am »
Interview with Iizuka about Runners: http://www.4gamer.net/games/286/G028690/20150219001/

It's in Japanese, but Woun at SSMB translated it, there's currently no plans to make Sonic a mobile exclusive.

That's a big relief. And btw, I already knew it, this is just a confirmation, we've known for a while about this mysterious title in development by Sonic Team A since 2012.

And for the record, none of Sonic Team's members worked on Runners, I don't know why they're credited, but apparently Runners is made by the people who developed the Olympic crossovers.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?522210-More-console-games-coming

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2015, 10:20:12 am »
Where is the translation?
Made by SEGA

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2015, 10:42:35 am »
well thank goodness.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2015, 01:20:19 pm »
It was obvious. The proyects before the situation about SOA aren't gonna be delayed or canceled because what IP of Sega is the most indicated to jump in this gen first?

I don't know why people had fear about Runners being "the only new Sonic gake this year"...c'mon, until E3, Sonic news are gonna coming in big, be prepared.

Offline George

« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2015, 04:10:56 pm »
If you think SEGA was going to keep their biggest in-house IP exclusive to mobile, for no sane reason (Nintendo got them in a contract) i dunno what to say. Eh... surprise? What sane business would go "Well, we released the mobile phone and its doing great. Cancel all other console games and keep this app up". Just doesn't make any sense what-so-ever, even if the game does 1 billion downloads and 60 million active users. SEGA would just grow that team and continue to hit other platforms for MORE money.

As its said, this game is being done mostly by the Mario & Sonic Olympic game developers while Sonic team heads are over seeing (including those Story Book devs).

So would you rather SEGA make more Mario & Sonic Olympic titles or have that small team support this game with more modes, characters, events and such?

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2015, 06:54:44 pm »
I just hope they're being smart about the next big game.  It was clear from Sonic Unleashed that they broke the bank while simultaneously biting off more than they can chew.  More time/money spent on something does not necessarily an unforgettable game make.  They need to get smart and keep it simple.