Author Topic: Sonic Colours Discussion  (Read 226626 times)

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sonic Colours announced for Wii/DS
« Reply #675 on: November 06, 2010, 09:36:45 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
No I understand the reason why people dont consider it good enough to be a sequal to the classics... But I dont understand how he can enjoy Colours DS gameplay but make such a big fuss about everything broken about Sonic 4.
Sonic 4 goes back to the roots. It RELIES on physics. (or whatever physics it has)

Sonic Rush/Adventure/Colors is different. The physics don't matter because you are constantly boosting in the first place. Its a whole different type of game. Most people find these physics acceptable.

Also, I don't think Rush has uncurling/complete stop like Sonic 4.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #676 on: November 07, 2010, 03:47:51 am »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
YEAH, Sonic Colours DS is SOOO much more like Sonic 2 then Sonic 4 is!

I don't think he was liking Sonic Colours because it was like the classic, I think he was liking it because he thinks it's the better game, which would not be too hard to do, since both are developed by Dimps but only under different ideas on the style of gameplay.

The problem I'm having here is that people including CrazyTails have been complaining about 'Sonic Rush Physics' as the biggest problem with Sonic 4, how Homing Attack ruins the flow... Sonics Current Model etc etc etc...

All of these things are in Sonic Colours DS... Because it basically IS Sonic Rush. It's just funny how someone can make such a shitstorm over these features and then have no problem with them in another game.
I like sonic colors ds better than sonic rush and sonic rush adventure(the latter was pretty bad imo). The things I liked about the demo were how they have expanded upon that sonic rush gameplay. I liked that there was a lot more exploring and the wisp power ups also added something great to the one stage I played. It's less of a mindless boost to win compared to sonic rush adventure.

Yyeah I had been complaining about things like the homing attack and rush physics for s4e1, but sonic colors ds is still the better game imo even when forgetting about those said complaints I had for s4e1.

I mean colors ds will have 7 unique zones and I think I enjoyed sonic colors ds demo more compared to splash hill. I don't know why but the controls feel less of than s4e1.

Maybe it's because the "rush physics" fits it's own gameplay style. The whole emphasis on action and speed with boosting and stuff.  The rush physics may not have fitted for more slow paced gameplay. It's also the little things like how sonic doesn't curl into a ball when going through speed boosters that I find better. Sonic also accelerates more fast I think. In s4e1 he accelerates really slow.

I liked the demo alot though I have just played it once. Might give it another run today.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #677 on: November 07, 2010, 10:39:06 am »
lolol crazytails yous so crazy

Is there any way to try this demo on an old DS? Or do I need one of the fancy ones?
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #678 on: November 07, 2010, 12:05:48 pm »
lolwut XD.

Nah but seriously I just want to make clear that i am not some crazy retro sonicpurist or whatever. I own every post 1999(modern era) game and do enjoy some of them. I even like the sonic riders series, the story book series not so much though.

Sonic 4 is a different case, it had expectations in a lot of ways since it's a sequal. The way it was going to play and to some a lot more than that(raises hand), but this discussion has been done countless of times and doesn't belong in this thread.

I just simply wanted to say that I like colors ds alot and compared it to a recent 2d sonic game.

@crackdude. I have a ds lite myself but I think every ds has the "ds download play" feature on the home menu. If you have a wii you go to the nintendo channel and search for the download service.  The icon with the 2 screens down under at the screen. There you'll see sonic colors and you can start the download service and download it on the ds.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #679 on: November 07, 2010, 05:35:34 pm »
Yeah, but "don't judge a book by it's cover" they say.. In this case: don't hate on Sonic 4 just because of it's name. It's just that vibe that I kinda don't get. How would the game be called Sonic Retro Remix Hardcore+ improve it's fun in any way at all? I don't get it..
Want weird sequels? PSO Ep3. wtf a card game? Now that's weird.. Physic changes over a 15yo prequel....not so much.. get my point?

But that's for the other thread ;)

And thanks a lot for the instructions! Need to borrow a Wii or something.. I want to try this out!
SEG4GES

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #680 on: November 07, 2010, 06:07:13 pm »
Any new review avaliable?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #681 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:07 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
Yeah, but "don't judge a book by it's cover" they say.. In this case: don't hate on Sonic 4 just because of it's name. It's just that vibe that I kinda don't get. How would the game be called Sonic Retro Remix Hardcore+ improve it's fun in any way at all? I don't get it..
Want weird sequels? PSO Ep3. wtf a card game? Now that's weird.. Physic changes over a 15yo prequel....not so much.. get my point?

But that's for the other thread ;)

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is supposed to be a direct sequel to the classic games, something like a "Sonic Retro Remix Hardcore+" would not be a sequel most likely. That is a big reason everyone hates the shit out of PSO Episode III, not just because it sucks but because of what it is.

In terms you would probably understand, it is like comparing a world cup soccer game to a soccer game a set of kids play in a school course. One is obviously more important, but is possible to enjoy either more than the other.

That is also why it is not a big deal for Sonic Colors to screw up basic stuff, because it is a spinoff and why many of the older fans are extremely upset with the things that happened in Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Offline fernandeath

« Reply #682 on: November 07, 2010, 09:30:33 pm »
02 questions:

What if Sonic 4 were named "Sonic Rebirth" crictics/reviewers/players would be more 'soften/sooth' about the game?

Also, do you believe that IF Sonic Colors were "Sonic Adventure 3: Colors", crictics/reviewers/players would be more exacting/exigent about the game?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #683 on: November 07, 2010, 09:51:02 pm »
The name does not change much when it is still considered a followup to Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. [spoiler:2v27jar0]Also if Sonic the Hedgehog 4 was named "Rebirth" I think many people would be jokingly calling it Sonic Miscarriage.[/spoiler:2v27jar0]

Naming the next major Sonic game as Sonic Adventure 3 would probably help sales, but not do much for reviews I think, even though it will probably play nothing like the other two games. I know Sonic 06 was planned to be Sonic Adventure 3 for a time, and if I were to guess I think the next major game in the series is going to be called that for the 20th anniversary, next year.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #684 on: November 07, 2010, 09:53:29 pm »
Back on topic. This is not the Sonic 4 thread.

[spoiler:1n9ta04s]And it will be so nice when people start talking about non-Sonic Sega games again![/spoiler:1n9ta04s]
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #685 on: November 08, 2010, 11:35:17 am »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #686 on: November 08, 2010, 11:52:28 am »
Also ds version got a 8.5 from IGN

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/113/1132901p1.html

video review here

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2010/11/08/son ... ctid=75627

I like how sonic colors on the ds doesn't just look like a quickly rushed sonic rush 3 for the cash, instead it looks like a whole unique and great experience too beside the wii  version.

I think I might purchase them both.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:56:27 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #687 on: November 08, 2010, 11:54:48 am »
Too bad Sonic Colors is just a spin-off and not a main series release  :lol:

joking, joking

Offline fernandeath

« Reply #688 on: November 08, 2010, 02:14:12 pm »
I was expecting a better score...
They've said it's "the best sonic game in 18 years", yet they only gave a 8.5/10.
Sonic Rush got a 9,0 from them.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #689 on: November 08, 2010, 04:14:24 pm »
LOL IGN

(it's like the 5th time I post these words. Nobody ever listens to me)
SEG4GES