Author Topic: Sonic Colours Discussion  (Read 226166 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Sonic Colours announced for Wii/DS
« Reply #705 on: November 09, 2010, 10:22:53 am »
So I went around shopping, looking for the game and finding out if the game was allready in stock, and to my surprise the first store I went in was straight bullseye. I bought the game without hestitating and went straight home and played it till I started seeing colors in my room as if I was on crack :lol: . In other words, I have finished it.

I just want to say that this was one of the most specteculair sonic experiences in a long time. I'm just gonna give a short review without any spoilers.

In short, the VA story, gameplay visuals are all top notch. The IGN review was actually pretty spot on. I agree with almost everything they said.

The gameplay is solid and doesn't really need a big paragraph. The controls have been tweaked, level design = top notch, music is beautiful and yeah. Basically it's sonic unleashed done better in every way. Done right.

IGN stated about the botomless pits later in the game. There are some nasty botomless pits, really nasty ones. I don't have a problem with most of them in this game because they allmost all require precision platforming and skill to pass, but some are just nasty that you will never see them coming the first time. I think I have seen just 2 of them but the first thing that went through me was, okay this was kind of stupid .

Also another gripe of IGN were the recycled bosses. Yeah, I agree with that. They are not carbon copies of each other. They do throw new things the second time. It's just that i'd rather had some more variation.

Also expect lots of things taken from mario games and mario galaxy. Some ideas are literally taken from mario games. I mean it doesn't screw up the game or anything, but it kind of threw me off since.. you know. It's kinda hard to explain, but as a sega/sonic fan I don't want to see that kinda S**t :mad:

Overall I agree with the 8,5. Some like to give their games straight 9's and 10's because 'omg it's sonic'. But the game is far from perfect but everyone who will play this game will feel that they finally get it. The game reeks of effort and understanding what sonic games are about.

They regained my trust and I can only hope everything that will come after this game will get the same treatment
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #706 on: November 09, 2010, 10:28:24 am »
CrazyTail, would you say the game plays like a main series release (SA1, SA2, Heroes, '06, Unleashed), or does it feel like some new spin-off series that has zero connection to the previous 3D releases?

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #707 on: November 09, 2010, 10:41:26 am »
No, it defenitly feels like a main game in every way and it wouldn't make sense if it wasnt. Everything that happens could easily have happened after sonic unleashed. The story explains how they got there (spoiler)[spoiler:1vspqhmz]and they actually end up back on earth.[/spoiler:1vspqhmz]

I could not find a reason why it would not be a main series game. Because it's on the wii? Because of the name? The credits are huge so I am sure the whole main series talk from Iizuka wasn't just BS talk for sales.

I would actually go far to say that it would be better if they forgot about everything that happened and that this should be the new start.

Seriously the story and Voice acting is so well done. I actually loled many times. I think many people will love tails after this game, he was actually the funniest in the game imo.... after robotnik..... and cubot :P .

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #708 on: November 09, 2010, 11:05:41 am »
@CrazyTails: What about the cutscenes? Are there 'too many' of those? Are they 'watchable' ou 'skipable'?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #709 on: November 09, 2010, 11:18:36 am »
Since CrazyTails will be thrown a lot of questions, I'll add one:

What is the name of the final world? I see that it is at the bottom of the map, attached to the chain. The OST files only refer to it as "ELV". You can spoiler your answer :)

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #710 on: November 09, 2010, 11:54:38 am »
Quote from: "fernandeath"
@CrazyTails: What about the cutscenes? Are there 'too many' of those? Are they 'watchable' ou 'skipable'?
No the story line is pretty thin. Not a lot of cutscenes but in a weird way it's like it should have always been done like this. First thing what happens when you start the gamefile, no opening cutscene, no nothing. You get dropped straight in the first act of tropical resort, and later you learn of what happened and how you got there in space.
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Since CrazyTails will be thrown a lot of questions, I'll add one:

What is the name of the final world? I see that it is at the bottom of the map, attached to the chain. The OST files only refer to it as "ELV". You can spoiler your answer :)
World is called terminal velocity

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #711 on: November 09, 2010, 12:02:43 pm »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"
World is called terminal velocity

Cool, thanks! I wonder if Charlie Sheen is playable...

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #712 on: November 09, 2010, 12:10:37 pm »
Lol, who knows he might be an unlockable character after getting all S ranks  8-).  All efforst for nothing

Btw, new review

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... ors/706920

I am gonna watch it now.

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #713 on: November 09, 2010, 12:20:53 pm »
Lol, who knows he might be an unlockable character after getting all S ranks  8-).  All efforst for nothing

Btw, new review

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... ors/706920

I am gonna watch it now.
Bad review is bad, especially since they gave it a worse score than their Unleashed Wii review.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #714 on: November 09, 2010, 12:23:55 pm »
Wow... that review was just wrong in so many ways.

Edit: Yeah ezodogrom. I am not the kind to call a website biased or whatever, still not gonna do that. But the review is still wrong.

It's true that there are some pits. However What I saw in that review was just someone sucking at the game big time.

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #715 on: November 09, 2010, 12:32:36 pm »
Wow... that review was just wrong in so many ways.

Edit: Yeah ezodogrom. I am not the kind to call a website biased or whatever, still not gonna do that. But the review is still wrong.

It's true that there are some pits. However What I saw in that review was just someone sucking at the game big time.
In a way it reminds me of IGN Unleashed HD review. :P

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #716 on: November 09, 2010, 12:40:14 pm »
Guess this is a day 1 purchase for me. Hopefully stores actually get the game IN on Tuesday.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #717 on: November 09, 2010, 01:02:41 pm »
GameTrailers is horrible at reviews. The best thing they do is show game trailers and retrospectives.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #718 on: November 09, 2010, 01:36:22 pm »
http://http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie%20...%20ors/706920

I only have two possible reactions to this.

A) Sega lied about Sonic's direction as all the new 2010 Sonic titles were poorly received by GameTrailers;

B) GameTrailers is actually afraid that Sonic Colors would somehow make a dent on Call of Duty: Black Ops multi-million dollar marketing.

Because GameTrailer's review doesn't quite hold water.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #719 on: November 09, 2010, 02:11:01 pm »
The only thing that I hate when reviews are bad in general is how it affects sales, which this game deserves alot and i'm sure anyone would find his moneys worth in this game and disagree with GT.

Other than that, I don't care much about the review. Too much emphasis on the negative which wasn't nescesary at all.