Author Topic: The weak arm becomes the weak finger: 300 Jobs cut at Sega America  (Read 118015 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: The weak arm becomes the weak finger: 300 Jobs cut at Sega America
« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2015, 08:51:33 am »
You have it all wrong, it's ABBAABBA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #256 on: February 13, 2015, 09:38:50 am »
I thought it was ABACABB?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #257 on: February 13, 2015, 09:45:46 am »
No dude, we're both wrong, it's BARACUDA

We need more BARACUDA games from SEGA!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2015, 09:47:22 am »
Oh lawd, game quality goes all the way to 'R'!?

That would explain Depression Quest, I guess.

(If this were NeoGAF, I'd be banned for that post)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2015, 02:59:47 pm »
Original content means not a remake

Sigh ... I wasn't just on about remakes so stop the spin and even gave examples of the likes of Gun which was nothing more than a Xbox/PS2 game running on a 360 . I wouldn't say too much but if Ishi or the upcoming Zero featured really next gen graphics that were downgraded to the PS3 (like Forza Horizon II or the like) that would be something . Yakuza on the PS4 is really nothing more than a PS3 title running on the PS4 - I hardly call that either original or anything to get excited about.

Which left me dumbfounded, absolutely dumbfounded
Its quite simple you keep on about content counting as original  and Halo Collection features new content , just like Dark Souls II coming to the Xbox One and PS4 (which isn't a remake) . Yakuza on the PS4 offers no new content at all and the only plus is it running at 60 fps and 1080p -which isn't that impressive and not looking good for SEGA Japan next gen pipe lines - that's if they have any .

The only other who has these issues with formatting is Joe who I haven't debated with

No I believe mang74 had some issues too . 

Again you are treating company purchase as a straight forward exchange of cash, it's not that simple

Nintendo have more than enough cash to buy SEGASammy and if they came in with a massive bid that valued SEGA shares at double their price , you can bet SEGA would find it hard to block the move . In the end NCL have more than enough money in the bank to buy both , but it never would want too .
No these are the rules you invented in your head that you thought
They're games, they're content and not remakes . So sorry if you're going to count Yakuza Ishi on the PS4, they you need to count DMC Reboot, DMC IV , Dragon Dogma on the Xbox One and PS4 is Capcom titles fro this year

Deep Down is a F2P PS4 exclusive game. Next-gen,  next try to play safe with Microtransactions

So ? . I'm more interested in the engine that is powering it and it bolds well for sequels to RE and so on .

EA reduced workforce and losses are clear. Less  and some not all that grear AAA

You act like SEGA hasn't cut its workforce . EA was always going to cutback on staff after so many acquisitions and the having a number of staff doing the same jobs like Bioware having their own PR Dept and Q&A which simply isn't needed as EA would have their own . Plus then EA got rid of some of the dead wood.

You didn't count the multiplayer fiasco of MC Collection. It could affect Halo 5 sales

Get real for crying out loud . Looking over the near perfect Beta performance of the Halo 5 Beta . You really thing that the disaster of GTA V Online would hold back any sales of GTA 6 . Halo 5 is going to be a sales monster when it ships this fall .
Nintendo don't have the permission from the investors to buy something because of the almost 2 years and a quarter of losses
.Don't worry NCL isn't going to waste its money on SEGA. And sorry again even if you make losses you can still buy and spend loads on corps should your banks and shareholders approve it just look at the likes of SONY , Ford, General Motors where they can make massive losses but still have enough money to buy out corporations .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2015, 03:07:11 pm »

It's true, m9.

F[/size]orm[/font][/size]atti[/size]ng is w[/size]ei[/size]rd[/i]
[/size]

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2015, 04:17:19 pm »
Uh....forget about it.

I don't know what I'm losing time with this.

I need to buy a PS4 with DMC games with Vergil Action, whata lot of fun with games I already have for PS3 and PC.

So different from Yakuza 0, perhaps the most unforgiven release of Sega for both Sony consoles, even Persona 5 is like that,  it hurts me it's gonna be another scheme for Sammy and their old content not AAA and not multiplat. 60 FPS doesn't make me a difference.

So, well at least Sega Holdings have TMS, Sega Toys and Marza in their  belt right now, something I say for staying with true with this topic.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2015, 05:25:06 am »
Sigh ... I wasn't just on about remakes so stop the spin and even gave examples of the likes of Gun which was nothing more than a Xbox/PS2 game running on a 360 . I wouldn't say too much but if Ishi or the upcoming Zero featured really next gen graphics that were downgraded to the PS3 (like Forza Horizon II or the like) that would be something . Yakuza on the PS4 is really nothing more than a PS3 title running on the PS4 - I hardly call that either original or anything to get excited about.

But this is what you're not understanding. You are arguing what you THINK I said when I very clearly demonstrated and spoke further about and that is people want content. See you now bring in about you personal excitement which is far enough, but I'm not talking about you because frankly I don't care, I'm talking about SEGA Japan's output and Ishin is not the same as a remake, it's a new game.

Its quite simple you keep on about content counting as original  and Halo Collection features new content , just like Dark Souls II coming to the Xbox One and PS4 (which isn't a remake) . Yakuza on the PS4 offers no new content at all and the only plus is it running at 60 fps and 1080p -which isn't that impressive and not looking good for SEGA Japan next gen pipe lines - that's if they have any .

Again you wanting to argue about your point, about AAA gaming, that's what you can argue about. But its not something I instigated or even interested in discussing so please just drop trying to rebound this discussion into some next tangent and not what I was even talking about originally.

Only because he quoted you.

Nintendo have more than enough cash to buy SEGASammy and if they came in with a massive bid that valued SEGA shares at double their price , you can bet SEGA would find it hard to block the move . In the end NCL have more than enough money in the bank to buy both , but it never would want too .

And if they spent double their money, along with the massive amount of extra wages and development costs of the new resort complex, they might not be able to afford it. See this is the difference.

They're games, they're content and not remakes . So sorry if you're going to count Yakuza Ishi on the PS4, they you need to count DMC Reboot, DMC IV , Dragon Dogma on the Xbox One and PS4 is Capcom titles fro this year

Unfortunately the difference for Ishin on Playstation 4 is that it's original release was for the Playstation 3 and 4. Those games you mentioned outside of Dragon Dogma that we need to hear more about, have all been released on other consoles and the majority of the game is the same.

This is what you're not getting, its not about if the content is available on another platform, it's if it is a brand new game, which Ishin, Zero etc all are, now if SEGA re-released Sonic Generations on PS4 with extra effects and one new level, it's not new content. This should be a simple enough concept to grasp.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2015, 03:44:15 am »
See you now bring in about you personal excitement which is far enough

I was on about games just for the next gen systems  and then you had to bring in the likes of Yakuza Ishi - That's not really a game for the next gen and when people sometimes ask make a list of exclusive games worth getting a next gen console far, you're not going to get games really that are also out for the last gen . And its not like Yakuza tech is that impressive and takes any real advantage of the next gen  . You also then go on about this 'content' well then define what you mean by a game with content and name me one game made for this or last gen that doesn't feature content ?.
I'm talking about SEGA Japan's output and Ishin is not the same as a remake, it's a new game.
Sigh.. The likes of GTA IV One/PS4 Dark Souls II , AC Black Flag aren't remakes but they're really nothing more than PS3/Xbox 360 games running on the next gen. Not to most people original Xbox/PS4 games .   
Again you wanting to argue about your point, about AAA gaming, that's what you can argue about.
No I'm on about real next gen plans and some decent tech and engines in place,  to some that could be called AAA gaming . For me its just about getting your best teams to make the best games they can with tech to take full advantage of the next gen.  Doesn't seem SEGA Japan have big plans or games coming for the next gen .

Only because he quoted you

No I think he had trouble with the  board formatting too, but never mind.

I need to buy a PS4

Not on the next gen are we ? . How about SEGA Japan should give you a reason to want and buy a next gen console . They used back in the good old days . I remember getting a Import Cube just for Monkeyball, A Xbox not for Halo, but for JSR and so looking forward to Valkyria chronicles on the PS3 in the early days .

So far more than a year into the next gen , There's still nothing to look forward too from SEGA Japan is there ? . 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2015, 06:52:14 am »
I was on about games just for the next gen systems  and then you had to bring in the likes of Yakuza Ishi - That's not really a game for the next gen and when people sometimes ask make a list of exclusive games worth getting a next gen console far, you're not going to get games really that are also out for the last gen . And its not like Yakuza tech is that impressive and takes any real advantage of the next gen  . You also then go on about this 'content' well then define what you mean by a game with content and name me one game made for this or last gen that doesn't feature content ?

See this is where you are having trouble. Trying to speak normal English isn't working because you keep making the same mistake that content = volume, no, it means new games. This again you have problem understanding because new = never before done. At the same time you seem to think original means innovative, these all would work in your argument but the context of the discussion, it doesn't. You seem to be responding to someone else. I've defined content so many time I am struggling to see how you can't stick to the discussion.

And in this discussion with Mang, Crackdude etc not once were we talking about next gen exclusives but games. You are the one who wants AAA gaming, which fair enough, is what you want but not at any moment what the discussion was related to.

.Sigh.. The likes of GTA IV One/PS4 Dark Souls II , AC Black Flag aren't remakes but they're really nothing more than PS3/Xbox 360 games running on the next gen. Not to most people original Xbox/PS4 games .   

Again the discussion was never about games that are updated ports, the discussion was about having new content and SEGA had just that in Ishin and Zero. If GTA IV launched for the PS4 alongside the last gen consoles, it would be new content because you know, it was the title's original release date. This is what we are talking about but you seem to be having a real struggle trying to understand it.

No I'm on about real next gen plans and some decent tech and engines in place,  to some that could be called AAA gaming . For me its just about getting your best teams to make the best games they can with tech to take full advantage of the next gen.  Doesn't seem SEGA Japan have big plans or games coming for the next gen .

Next gen plans, wither you like it or not, is mostly AAA gaming. And the tech on offer has so far limited it to cosmetic effects, the best games are games with good design and so far, Nintendo is outpacing those that you claim are making the best use of tech with some ideas that are years, in the case of certain series, decade old.

That one time he quoted you, otherwise no, he didn't.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2015, 08:59:56 am »

Jokes aside, I've had lots of issues when trying to do things like multiple quotes or change size/colour/font etc.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2015, 11:09:57 am »
At the same time you seem to think original means innovative,

I think you find I do not . Nothing original about AC Unity in terms of innovation in the gameplay . What's original about it is that's an original production for the next gen. Yakuza Ishi or the upcoming Zero on the PS4 don't offer that its really nothing more than Shenmue II was on the Xbox .

the discussion was about having new content and SEGA had just that in Ishin and Zero

Every game ever made features content . Better if SEGA Japan gave us a game that wasn't also available on the last gen and made a game built for this generation of hardware.

Next gen plans, wither you like it or not, is mostly AAA gaming

AAA is a over used term and having some good tech and next gen engine doesn't have to mean all out AAA gaming . It just be nice to see SEGA Japan come out and show off their next gen pipe lines and give its users something to look forward too and to build on, but so far we have got nothing .

That one time he quoted you, otherwise no, he didn't.

Sorry you're wrong . More than twice there's been issues and its nothing to do with quoting me . There's seems to be issues with SMF now and again 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2015, 11:31:45 am »
I think the problem with Yakuza is not being localized rather than anything else.

The "outdated" tech and "tired yearly installments" comments are more in the minority regarding these games.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2015, 12:50:28 pm »
I think the problem with Yakuza is not being localized rather than anything else.

The "outdated" tech and "tired yearly installments" comments are more in the minority regarding these games.

I doubt it given the low fanbase of the series in the west . Yearly installments is an issues though as they stops any invoation in gameplay and desgin and also means little new tech . 9 to 10 months to make a game like Yakuza is just nuts and a sure way to kill creativity and the teams will
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2015, 01:15:01 pm »
How do you know it kills their creativity and team's will? I'm just saying, Keiji Inafune has done 80 billion Mega Man games and left Capcom to do his own spiritual successor, some people just like working on their own franchises as long as possible with games in between.

Nagoshi actually has power higher up at SEGA, your pretending like he is just some low level developer that has no say in the company...