Author Topic: 3D SoR II, Sonic 2, and Gunstar Heroes announced!  (Read 21868 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: 3D SoR II, Sonic 2, and Gunstar Heroes announced!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 11:35:47 am »
Aw, that's a shame!

Good luck in whatever you do next!
Made by SEGA

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 03:08:22 pm »
Sonic 2 in 3D?!?!? I just jizzed while at work..
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline WagTrautmann

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 12:40:59 am »
Nice, I love Streets of Rage  :-D

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2015, 05:03:01 pm »
Ive played a bit of fantasy zone 2. Ok so the last time ive played a fantasy zone game was a long time ago on the game gear. I replayed it a lot as far as I remember. This one seems to feel really good so far. Almost too good. Has stuff been adjusted for this game as well? I mean wow ive really missed out skipping the original

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2015, 06:51:36 pm »
Fantasy Zone II is a System 16 remake of the original which was made for Master System hardware. The orginal Fantasy Zone was made on System 16. M2 actually are the ones behind the System 16 remake in 2008 which was made for the SEGA Ages re-releases (that only got released in Japan). I did go a bit into it on my review on the front page:

http://segabits.com/blog/2015/04/16/review-3d-fantasy-zone-ii-the-tears-of-opa-opa-nintendo-3ds/

So yeah, it has been overhauled and changed in the remake.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2015, 07:10:43 pm »
^Wow what a difference. I knew it felt too good than it should have been. It seems very optomized as if it was an original release for the platform. It makes you appreciate all the work even more :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:44:40 pm by CrazyT »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2015, 05:44:17 am »
Loving Fantasy Zone. Since I've got its become my pick up and play game. But its really hard lol! How far did you all get? Me only at stage 2 so far

Offline Sharky

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2015, 07:26:27 am »
Fantasy Zone is one of those series I would love to come back exactly as it is... A game for mobile which progresses in a similar way to how Sonic Runners progresses would be awesome. Free to play with extra lives/weapons you can buy from the parts shop.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2015, 07:34:05 am »
Fantasy Zone is one of those series I would love to come back exactly as it is... A game for mobile which progresses in a similar way to how Sonic Runners progresses would be awesome. Free to play with extra lives/weapons you can buy from the parts shop.

Have you ever tried playing a scolling shooter on touch screen? You don't want that, trust me.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2015, 09:03:51 am »
Have you ever tried playing a scolling shooter on touch screen? You don't want that, trust me.

I'd probably play it on PC, it would no doubt be available on PC too. I'm not saying I'm in love with mobile gaming I don't even like handhelds much... But its plain to see that the kind of games I like, like fantasy zone have a shot of returning on mobile where simple pick up and play arcade games are still big business.
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2015, 01:50:56 pm »
If it where to be on mobile, it would need to be remixed, make it easier, cuz you have to be pretty freaking perfect in some of those levels. Basically have to make it slower and more forgiving.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2015, 02:06:59 pm »
I'd have the difficulty ramp up way slower over a good number of levels, like, a tonne of levels. Have it so you can buy items with points as usual, or real money. No sending you back to the start of the game on game over, have say 3 levels then a boss and after the boss it's a check point... SO you die on a boss and you're either sent back 3 levels or you buy an extra life for 99p. Some people will pay and people like me will go back and replay 3 levels until I beat it, since that's what I do on Fantasy Zone anyway, and love it.
Made by SEGA

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2015, 02:18:07 am »
I'm glad 3D Bare Knuckle II's doing well in Japan.
Getting last week's top 10 in the eShop chart and became the most recommended eShop game by player.
Hopefully it will have the same fate in western.

Link : http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=39.msg76658#msg76658

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2015, 10:43:32 pm »
Could 3D Sonic 3 & Knuckles potentially happen?

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2015, 11:58:28 pm »
Could 3D Sonic 3 & Knuckles potentially happen?

May be in the third wave (if there's any, still waiting for sales trend),
but for second wave, Sonic 2 is the last one.

Yosuke Okunari :
 These games aren’t the start of a new series so we have no plans for the future.

Okunari:
These three titles were put out for download overseas simply as an extension [to the existing series]. This really is the end for the second wave [of Sega 3D Classics].
Of course we want to consider the development of a third wave based on the response to this second wave, but we have no plans at this point in time. We’ll look at the big picture, that is, we'll look at the sales trends of the physical release of the Sega 3D Classics line that went on sale last year [in Japan] as well as how the upcoming three titles perform in the global market. We’re happy to do this indefinitely if sales are good.

Source : http://automaton.am/articles/news-bits/m2-int1/