Author Topic: Itagaki's new game: Devil's Third  (Read 13855 times)

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: Itagaki's new game: Devil's Third
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 12:39:05 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Bayonetta's controls are fairly poorly mapped, even Aki agreed with this! HE EVEN BROUGHT THE TOPIC UP!

The controls aren't poorly mapped, it's your fingers that are in the wrong place.

So still, no.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 12:55:29 pm »
I disagree, Bayonetta is far superior than Ninja Gaiden 1/2. This is from someone that did not really thing Devil May Cry was amazing.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 01:17:33 pm »
That is why I said 'I think' instead of 'it is'.

On the topic of Bayonetta's controls, that is like the only thing I can really think of the game besides the instant death QTEs, some weird cheap hits and vehicle scenes that could have been better. Ninja Gaiden's biggest issues were that the weapons could have been much better balanced and that platforming needed to be expanded on a bit, polished some more.

The controls aren't poorly mapped, it's your fingers that are in the wrong place.

-You cannot reset the camera when you are fighting unless you want to stop pressing buttons to move your thumb to the right stick. The only other option is locking on, and that is not always what you need. They could have easily switched the taunt to the right analog stick anyways, because you should only taunt when you are not in the middle of a fight entirely surrounded.

-The right trigger is not supposed to be pressed twice fast in succession. The best example of this is Conker on the Xbox, play that to figure out why it is a horrible idea. If you do not fully release the trigger and try to press it again the game can sometimes recognize it as breakdancing. Worse still if you do not press it fast enough you might stall from a dodge jump.

-Why does LT change weapons instead of lock on? (Yes, this one is nitpicky, but it holds water!)

This discussion could go on for hours... My point was that I THINK it could reach the level of Bayonetta's gameplay and I do not see why it POSSIBLY topping it is such an offense. It is not like this game has any unusual minecarriages.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:26:00 pm by Anonymous »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 01:21:57 pm »

On the topic of Bayonetta's controls, that is like the only thing I can really think of the game besides the instant death QTEs, some weird cheap hits and vehicle scenes that could have been better. Ninja Gaiden's biggest issues were that the weapons could have been much better balanced and that platforming needed to be expanded on a bit, polished some more.

This discussion could go on for hours... My point was that I THINK it could reach the level of Bayonetta's gameplay and I do not see why it POSSIBLY topping it is such an offense. It is not like this game has any unusual minecarriages.

Well I THINK you are POSSIBLY completely wrong IMHO.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 01:27:05 pm »
Quote from: "Aki-at"

Well I THINK you are POSSIBLY completely wrong IMHO.

That was Fluffy's line.  :oops:

Offline Orta

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 01:27:45 pm »
I think it is true that Bayonetta is superior. I do agree with the cheap QTEs but that's like twice in the whole game. Ninja Gaiden just goes on and on with the cheap AI.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 01:29:16 pm »
Quote from: "Orta"
I think it is true that Bayonetta is superior. I do agree with the cheap QTEs but that's like twice in the whole game. Ninja Gaiden just goes on and on with the cheap AI.

Give me an example. Just one would do!

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 01:37:30 pm »

Hey at least I don't have a supreme man crush on Itagaki!

ADMIT IT! :twisted:

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 03:01:10 pm »
Quote from: "Aki-at"

Hey at least I don't have a supreme man crush on Itagaki!

ADMIT IT! :twisted:

Yes, I want to eat him up. His face looks like a peanut butter cookie.

But really, I am just a big fan of his work and think he has a lot of untapped talent. I do not think this is going to be the game that proves that, but I think this has a lot of neat potential, so I am looking forward to more of it, yeah.

Offline Orta

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 05:34:53 pm »
Quote from: "Orta"

Give me an example. Just one would do!

The whole games.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 05:46:12 pm »

I think it's cool you're excited for this game, but we've seen a trailer that goes for 3 minutes and theres no way it's '100% gameplay' since there are scenes from camera angles etc that you couldn't possibly control the game from.

To say it could beat any game at this stage just seems like you are jumping the gun. Wait until we get something more substantial before making claims like that.

Also, the controls in Bayonetta were fine, I might have break-danded a small handful (like maybe 10 times) while trying to dodge in the course of 60+ hours of gameplay. Not to mention you need the taunt there so you can rack up high scores.

You must just SUCK AT THE GAME REALLY BAD [/attitude of SASAR fans]

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 06:52:19 pm »
I think it's cool you're excited for this game, but we've seen a trailer that goes for 3 minutes and theres no way it's '100% gameplay' since there are scenes from camera angles etc that you couldn't possibly control the game from.

The point was that it is all running in the engine that is used for the gameplay, besides how do you know yet? Those could be the actual camera angles!

It is just from what I saw with my assumptions I mentioned and what with Itagaki saying he wanted to do in Ninja Gaiden II, I dunno, I am just pretty certain this will turn out fantastic. I just said I think it could compare to one of the best games this gen, what is wrong with that?

Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Also, the controls in Bayonetta were fine, I might have break-danded a small handful (like maybe 10 times) while trying to dodge in the course of 60+ hours of gameplay. Not to mention you need the taunt there so you can rack up high scores.

I am not saying the controls sucked, I am saying they are poorly mapped in some places. Look at my list on the last page for some examples!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 02:40:59 am »
The point was that it is all running in the engine that is used for the gameplay, besides how do you know yet? Those could be the actual camera angles!

Yes they COULD be, but I don't know. Thats why I'm not saying it will be of a certain level of quality or be better than other games.

I am not saying the controls sucked, I am saying they are poorly mapped in some places. Look at my list on the last page for some examples!

I disagree.

Besides we all know the real issue with Bayonetta is that there is no emotional investment in the first 3 minutes of gameplay and that a small handful of combos are hard to do if you have bad hand-eye coordination. I know because I have 15/1000 gamerscore for it.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 02:41:55 am »
Holy shit! Looks better than Bayonetta!!!

Sega should do something about this!! ;p

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 02:50:48 am »
Quote from: "STORM!"
Holy shit! Looks better than Bayonetta!!!

Sega should do something about this!! ;p

Oh you!