Author Topic: Itagaki's new game: Devil's Third  (Read 13853 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Itagaki's new game: Devil's Third
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 04:38:15 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
After further inspection of the video, I think the gameplay is centered around not just killing, but mulching up your enemies as much as possible and as fast as you can. If I am correct with this assumption and some others, and the polish is there of course, I think this could be the first action game to really challenge Bayonetta at all, perhaps even surpass it!

Umm... bit early to be throwing out 'Bayonetta beater' isn't it? We've seen one trailer and can barely tell where CGI ends and gamepaly begins.

He said it was all gameplay.

I am just saying though that Itagaki has a good track record. Even completely unfinished titles like Ninja Gaiden II had some outstanding gameplay in it.

I only said it could really challenge it, but I dunno man, I think the original Xbox Ninja Gaiden kicks the shit out of Bayonetta. So I do not think it is going to be the hardest thing in the world for the guy to pull off.

>.>
<,<

*hides*

Oh I agree Ninja Gaiden is the best action game there is , it ways better than Bay or DMC series , its combat system is the best there is .

NG II is also a far better game than Bay . I loved bay, but compared to the Ninja Gaiden series  its 2nd best , I also think DMC (the 1st game) is a better game

Itagaki is the main man
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 08:58:22 am »
No way ;ppp Bayo is better than Devil and Ninja Gayden.

I just hate the system Kamiya uses: battles counted. You have to beat the enemies on that closed square, room, whatever, and they count everything you do to make your score. I hate that thing... it should be open area, more freedom to beat enemies.

A single mistake in Bayo, and you got low scored. Fuck that!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 02:55:51 pm »
lol Don't hate sucking at a game STORM!

Offline SufferLikeGDid

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 03:26:25 pm »
I understand that the thread has gone into dissing other action games but I'd just like to say that I'm going to have to see a lot more gameplay before I can get interested. I dunno, I'm just not clicking with this game at the moment.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 04:52:02 pm »
Yes they COULD be, but I don't know. Thats why I'm not saying it will be of a certain level of quality or be better than other games.

The trailer itself says the game is a masterpiece!

But seriously, I am looking forward to more gameplay videos of it, and I can agree that there is nothing really solid about whether or not it will turn out great. I just have faith in the guy, and I think he has made the best 3D action adventure game out there, and thought Ninja Gaiden II would have beaten the shit out of the first game if they had a longer amount of time to work on it and Tecmo did not constantly try to add stuff that 'improved' it, so of course I am excited.

Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
Oh I agree Ninja Gaiden is the best action game there is , it ways better than Bay or DMC series , its combat system is the best there is .

NG II is also a far better game than Bay . I loved bay, but compared to the Ninja Gaiden series  its 2nd best , I also think DMC (the 1st game) is a better game

Itagaki is the main man

What makes me prefer Ninja Gaiden over other action games is that it feels like a good meshing of an adventure and general action, while Bayonetta feels more like just part of the evolution of beat em ups with some other stuff in it. Both are great on their own terms though I think.

I could go on for hours about this, but we should all be talking about Devil's Third instead!

I will be the first to say it. I do not like the title of the game, and do not know what it is supposed to mean.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 09:43:47 am »
New art and info. Some bombshells here, folks! Like all of what we saw there was of the multiplayer mode (campaign to be revealed later) and that the game is only 5-10% finished!! Extremely impressive, but it sucks that I need to wait so long for the full game!!

On the combat system:
Eurogamer: You've got guns in there as well as swords. Is there anything you can say about the combat system you've gone for and how the game is controlled?

Tomonobu Itagaki: The Ninja Gaiden games I've worked on before were kind of a hackandslash experience - combat with weapons. And of course there are games like Devil May Cry. So first of all I would say even though you can see things that look like both of those games, I want to make sure people don't confuse it and think that the game we're doing is either a Ninja Gaiden-type game or a Devil May Cry-type game.

Gamers who pay close attention to the trailer will notice there's a substantial difference there. So if you think of it as a shooting game that includes a level of melee combat and fighting that has never been done in a shooting game before, that's a good way to think of it.

The reasons for wanting to do this kind of game are that we were looking at the shooting genre and think someone should take it to the next level, and I think this is a good way to do it.

Also I want to have more realistic elements of military combat - and that's one thing where Danny and I have very similar tastes. We're both very knowledgeable about real military combat weapons. And we like killing each other [laughs].

About him 'hating' the PlayStation 3
Eurogamer: Something you were quite famous for during the period you were developing Ninja Gaiden for Xbox 360 was your distaste for the PS3 and its complexity. Do you still feel that way or have you changed your mind?

Tomonobu Itagaki: Well you know, when I'm talking to girls, I'll say I like one more than the other, but when we're talking about hardware I really don't have much preference. When I was speaking about hardware, [it was] if I were to build the machine, maybe I would do it that way, but it's kind of an engineering approach discussion - I have no emotional involvement in the issue.

About appeal, audiences, development and multiplayer
Tomonobu Itagaki: I have a clear policy on this, and that is that you can't make a game focused for any group of people - you have to make it a game that appeals to people in general. We need to make a game that has central themes anyone can understand and appreciate.

There's also something I want to say about the story. We can't talk about the story yet, but I believe in any shooting game up to this point, none has had a story as big and involved and elaborate as this one.

And I also think that the multiplayer - really, single-player and multiplayer are both the main modes of this game. The multiplayer will also be really very fun. So the game itself is maybe 10 per cent done, but I'd say the "battle engine" is at about a beta state now. So when we had Danny and everybody out to the studio in Tokyo to play the demo, after 15 minutes everyone was just playing games and the meeting kind of fell apart.

This is the first time I've made a shooting game, but I am a veteran at making games that involve competition between people, so I feel confident that we can bring that core essence of competitive gameplay to the shooting genre as well.

There are more interviews with him, but this pretty much sums it all up. Though it needs to be stated that this is not part of THQ's partners program, it was a deal set up with the vice president of 'core games' at THQ. THQ also is helping with the PlayStation 3 development of the game. Interesting stuff.

So pretty much confirmed Itagaki is still the man and y'all be hatin'.  :roll:

God bless shotguns.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 12:32:20 pm »
5-10%? What we saw was CG then. 5-10% doesn't even plan the game.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 01:47:18 pm »
Quote from: "Orta"
5-10%? What we saw was CG then. 5-10% doesn't even plan the game.

This is Itagaki, so what he says as a percentage is what he means by what he thinks means the game is done. He will polish the shit out of the game. Remember, Ninja Gaiden was originally supposed to be on the Saturn, then the Dreamcast, then the PlayStation 2 then finally the Xbox and even that took some time.

In the interview they talked about how his team and THQ staff would play it against one another for hours. What we saw in the trailer was the real deal.

Offline Orta

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 04:09:48 pm »
Testing is the major part of any development process. But it's not 95%... When did he start his company anyway? There must not be much of the game itself completed.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2010, 05:18:54 pm »
So, it's WET but with a guy instead of Rubi.

Pass.

Offline Orta

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 05:20:16 pm »
The trailer clearly shows a little cleavage. What are you on, Mang?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 05:25:38 pm »
The trailer clearly shows a little cleavage. What are you on, Mang?

Oh so it's just DOA with guns.

Pass.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2010, 09:01:00 am »
Testing is the major part of any development process. But it's not 95%... When did he start his company anyway? There must not be much of the game itself completed.

Six months ago.

Oh so it's just DOA with guns.

Pass.

So The King of Fighters is Street Fighter with tight jeans on everyone.

Pass.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2010, 04:09:21 pm »
No wonder fluffy loves KOF. Or at least the ones with little boys.

In any event, I was just riling you up, I'm actually interested in seeing how this pans out.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2010, 02:30:13 pm »
He has not revealed directly if he likes the PS3 or not, so I assume he still hating the console ;p

THQ owns the IP? I have not understood this part...

I'm really excited about this title, looks better than Bayonetta XD This is so good! Too bad Sega is not the publisher; I wanted to see Itagaki working with Sega anytime.

Someone should send the trailer link to Kamiya right now  :afroman: