Author Topic: New SEGA survey  (Read 14221 times)

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: New SEGA survey
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 06:08:54 pm »
Yes I did choose Segabits Youtube Channel.
Also I chose "other - segabits.com" as the place I found out about the poll.

They did not mention Beyond Oasis in their list. :( But I listed it as on of my favorite sega franchises anyway

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 06:10:46 pm »
I took the survey, was happy to pass it around to friends too. I agree it felt like a "which franchises do you want to see return and how" survey, but I'm okay with that. Hopefully this will make the people who hate SEGA because they won't release x franchise raise an eyebrow. At the very least, it's good to see some actual communication going on.

Due to the end of that survey, I am slightly worried it's more like:

Which franchises would you like to see return, and would mobile be okay if they did?

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 07:04:12 pm »
I feel like, if they take any of this survey seriously, we're not gonna see big, brand new results for a few years. I think what they'll do is they'll look at the games most commonly selected in the list, see how much people favor mobile, and then decide "okay, we're gonna do some remasters and re-releases and see if people are really serious about this." What I hope then happens is that people actually buy the remasters they put out, otherwise they'll see it as a huge waste of time and money and give up.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 07:34:05 pm »
God damn it, I was in the middle of it, went back a page by accident and the survey died on me. Now it only says that I've done it and can't do shit.

I was on a roll too. I never waste an opportunity to say to Sega they need to make more Panzer Dragoon games. But man, I was sucking Sega's old school penis harder than a 2 dollar whore on happy hour.

Now I don't know if what I wrote is even readable.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 08:20:05 pm »
I believe SEGA's mobile division held this poll, hence the mobile heavy back half of questions. However, having worked for many businesses that hold surveys, just because one department holds it does not mean the data is just for them. I could see every branch of SEGA benefitting from this info.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 08:57:27 pm »
Done and Done

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 09:09:24 pm »
I hope people don't expect sequels from Panzer Dragoon, NiGHTS, Skies of Arcadia, and so on from these polls. Got to have some sort of standard with expectations, otherwise you'll just end up as a whimpering mess.

I'd say out of that list, at least keep an eye out on Yakuza, Sonic, Puyo Puyo, Football Manager, and Phantasy Star, mainly because they're still IPs SEGA uses so naturally would get attention first. Everything else be more cautious on.

(That's actually depressing...)

Offline SuperSonicEX

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 10:00:24 pm »
well maybe not sequels, but this might lead to some much request ports finally happening...at least I hope that's the case.

Though a new Phantasy Star in the style of the original series would be welcomed (anyone ever played Nova? how is it?)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 11:10:00 pm »
Seen gameplay and its basically Phantasy Star Online without Online and a story.

Offline Kuronoa

• Segalization
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 10:34:34 am »
I'm thinking I should have explained further for House of the Dead and Virtua Cop.  Light gun shooters are having it rough because the standard accessory isn't around and motion controllers are phased out. I told them essentially to experiment with rail shooters. I wish I told them to also try making arcade-like run and gun games. Anything but making HotD like any other Zombie game on the market.

Offline MercenaryOne

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 11:32:31 am »
No Shining Force on the list of franchises either. I don't mind mobile games as long as they are designed for tablet use. Playing mobile games that are just churned out 1 after the other with no innovation is what prevents me from even trying them. Games that require you to wait 5 years to complete one task is also a buzzkill. Also playing on a 5" phone screen just sucks, I don't understand how people do it and enjoy it.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 07:13:18 pm »
Realistic Expectations be damned.

I put The Ocean Hunter, Star wars Trilogy Arcade, Lost World Arcade, Lets go Jungle, and After Burner Climax on that list of favorite games. Q.Q

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 09:06:57 pm »
After Burner Climax actually appeared in the mobile section. I asked for more arcade ports like that. Mobile OutRun would be fun.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2016, 04:32:37 am »
Think it would be far easier if SEGA just said which games should we port and also developer for the mobile . Its quite clear their intent
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2016, 05:14:07 am »
How will all this data be processed? Will they have real people reading through all of this?
SEG4GES