Author Topic: Natal = Kinect? XBOX = slimmer?  (Read 14201 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Natal = Kinect? XBOX = slimmer?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 01:30:19 am »
Yeah, I thought it had it. I remember the epidemic with penis' on Uno. Not very impressive news here.

Also here is a PR video from Microsoft:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 1411807001

It even has lag in there. For being so advance, it is offering, so far, very unadvance games. This whole video is a total copy and paste of how Nintendo marketed the wii, even the games look like the same concepts, along with the cheesy actors. At least Wii had some core games to show off (Hide behind a couch, shooting people)

Also another AAA title announced:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/14/kinec ... eil-event/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 01:56:58 am »
Quote from: "George"
Jesus, Sanus is so defensive about people having an opinion about news.

The problem is that you are not giving it a fair opinion. Just because games sound alike does not mean shit, at least wait for some basic footage of actual games. Come on man, is it really that hard to understand? Why are you posting opinions from other sites anyways? How does that help? You always make fun of Eastside for it...

Also, why is Wii Sports being considered such a revolutionary title now? It is not like it was the first game to mix together sporting events...

Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
Kinect is a complete joke that's almost doomed to fail . I'm sorry MS the real barrier to gaming is not the controls , but the price of the games them self's . And while if True is nice to be getting a 360 slim with Wi-Fi Built in , if that's the final design it looks hideous, and the HD really should have been 500 Gig.

Its makes me quite sick to see the amount of money SONY and MS have pored into their rubbish motion controllers. Its not fun to use your body to play games for long periods of time, if you can't handle a pad, then gaming really isn't for you   :(

Of course they are pouring tons of money into this kind of stuff, everyone wants to be the first to have the next big thing. This kind of stuff has been done ever since videogame consoles starting get rivals, and it will never change.

I think if it launches for over $100 USD it will fail (rumored to be 150), but anything below and I think it has a very good chance. Also filter in that the bundle with the new model is rumored to be $300, which sounds like a very solid deal to me.

Offline George

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 02:04:20 am »
So I should not have an opinion  in this topic? So barry posted news for all of us to share the same thoughts as you?

Great. Remember when God of War III was shown at E3, you did not wait to play it to judge that. Wiisports was free. No one said it was revolutionary and it did not win game of the year awards.

My point still stands, why would a consumer by the same type of games that they can get for Wii and cheaper? This is my opinion to the news. If you dislike it because it differs from yours, great. I don't care. You can whine all you want. It is not that hard to understand. Barry posted a news story, I posted my opinion. You had no issue with me saying Devil's Third looked amazing, because it shared your opinion. I see.

Also Kotaku's thing was not an opinion, its an observation. I think you are the only one saying its not like Wii stuff.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 02:29:15 am »
Of course they are pouring tons of money into this kind of stuff, everyone wants to be the first to have the next big thing. This kind of stuff has been done ever since videogame consoles starting get rivals, and it will never change.

Its not the next BIG Thing , SONY been there and done it, and failing that everyone and their Mum owns a Wii and Wi Sports Ect .

The thing is, you can't beat playing games with a pad.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline George

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 03:35:39 am »
Now I know why Sanus is so defensive:

Also, Giantbomb said more than half the 'gameplay' shown was pre-recorded. Some leak footage of the Starwars game is pretty bad, the character moves way before the guy playing. Very advance hardware.

Hopefully today Microsoft impresses.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 03:58:44 am »
I'm quite sure that both Natal/Kinect and Move are going to be JUST as shit as the Wii. But I've taken no interest in either of them... or the Wii.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 04:16:42 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
I'm quite sure that both Natal/Kinect and Move are going to be JUST as shit as the Wii. But I've taken no interest in either of them... or the Wii.

Missing out on a lot of great games then.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 04:38:34 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Quote from: "Sharky"

Missing out on a lot of great games then.

No I haven't I didn't say I haven't played the Wii. I've had one sitting in a box in my room for ages now for when the odd game I can't miss comes out. I just think it's a really shitty console.

At least with the 360 and ps3 the main focus isnt on the waggller. I can still get games that don't try to incorporate that POS.
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 05:50:31 am »
This is going to be an absolute failure and even more reason for Microsoft's shareholders getting worried how the company spends it's money. I can already foresee Microsoft not making much, if any, money from this product after all the research, development, marketing etc placed into this product.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 06:04:05 am »

Did anyone call?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 06:08:09 am »
You're not here for Mr Gaming are you?

Please don't come for Mr Gaming, he's a nice chap, leave him alone, he still has a few years left in him, doesn't he? =[

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 06:17:18 am »
The new 360 is uglier than the original Xbox and the original 360. Microsoft outdoing themselves yet again.

It can read minds. Holy shit, now I'm impressed.....

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 07:28:17 am »
Didn't MS lost their best designer a couple months ago?

The original Xbox is one of the best looking consoles ever, right next to the Saturn. Big, imposing, yet captivating and appellative.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 08:32:47 am »
My thoughts and opinions:

Natal- er... Kinect
Gonna take a while for my brain to make the transition. It's still "Project Natal" to me. Anyway, I do appreciate the new name. It fits and makes a helluva lot more sense than the rumored "Wave". Kinetics + Conneting = Kinect. Works.

Kinect tech
Since the introduction, I've always found it to be a rather cool piece of tech that has continued to surprise me over time. I appreciate that it's different enough from the Wii and implements voice recognition and full body movement. I also like that it isn't bringing in more goddamn peripherals (more on the PS3's Move in a bit). I see a lot of awesome potential, and I really do think that within the next week we'll be seeing some cool offerings from publishers other than internal MS studios.

The Mini-game compilations
Oh come on, George. You didn't see this coming? Every new piece of tech, be it the Wii, iPod Touch, iPad and even the Move, comes with an assortment of simple games to show off what the device can do. It's just a standard ploy to bring in the average consumer. Sure Kinect and the other devices I mentioned have lame mini-games, but they also have the potential for some very cool games that go well beyond the standard sports and pet sims. If anything, MS would be stupid NOT to release a line of simple games spanning sports, pets, dancing, etc. It brings in the casual gamers. MS would truly be up shit creek without a paddle had they only showed off oddities like Milo and super trippy Japanese games that only consist of lights, colors and old asian men in waffle suits.

Potential
While the Star Wars demo was obviously scripted (save for the lightsaber battle which some claim to be real), it showed exactly what I'd like to see from Kinect. Full body interaction action games would be the bombdiggity. Add in some very unique hardcore oddities (I'm really hoping SEGA and Q! bring us something) and you can count me in for a pre-order. Of course, only if the price is right. $100 is a day one for me. $150 is a slight maybe, as long as it includes a slew of games. Oh, and I really like the controller-free menu nav. Yeah, yeah. It's sorta stupid, but I really want to shout "POWER UP" and do some "Minority Report" moves to access NetFlix. :P

The competition: Move
I consider Move to be a much simpler sell than the Kinect. It's essentially a more accurate Wiimote with HD graphics. Any consumer can understand that, right? While easy to comprehend, it's too bad the Wii had 4 years worth of games implementing similar tech. I really don't see the average consumer who already owns a Wii going out and dropping $75-$100 for a Move package. It's more of the same on powerful hardware. Also, consider all the shit one has to buy just to realize Sony's ultimate concept:

PS3 $300
PS Eye $40
Move package $70-$100
Additional Move controller $40?
= $480, give or take
1 player standard control, 2 player Move control

But wait, let's get a 3D TV! Sony is pushing 3D as well!

Sony 46" Bravia $3,500
2 pairs of glasses $140 (assuming the TV came with one), $280 (assuming it didn't)
3D “synchro transmitter” $60
= an additional $3,840, so $4,300 total for the complete 2 player Move experience in 3D

Now I'll do a rundown of the 360:

360 elite 120 GB $300
Kinect $100 - $150
12 months Gold $34
=$435 - $480
1 player standard control, 4+ Kinect control

To keep it fair, let's buy a TV.

Sony 46" LCD TV 1080p $800
= $1235 - $1280 for Microsoft's ultimate vision. Not as grand as Sony, but a third of Sony's asking price and much more unique.

Final verdict
Don't have one yet. We'll see what today's show brings and what publishers will have to show at E3. Thus far, I'm leaning toward liking it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 09:02:25 am »
Btw: more images: