Author Topic: Gearbox:Aliens CM is going to happen.  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Revenge Of JM

• Total Meseta: 0
Gearbox:Aliens CM is going to happen.
« on: September 06, 2010, 03:16:05 am »
Some rumblings that ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES has been canned or Sega is no llonger publishing, not so according to Gearbox.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/06/gearb ... n-arms-se/

With Brothers in Arms addressed, Pitchford moved onto the studio's next missing project, Aliens: Colonial Marines. "On the Aliens front, one of the weird things, especially on days like today, we've been really successful with Borderlands and that's on everyone's mind. And today and yesterday and on Friday, Duke Nukem kind of took over. So people wonder, 'Are they even doing Aliens? What's going on there?'

"

Here's the thing. This game is based on Aliens. It's a 20th Century Fox property and Sega is the publisher. So there's some fingers in this. We haven't really been able to be super free to be talk about everything we've been doing," Pitchford admitted.

But just because Sega hasn't been talking (or letting Gearbox talk!) doesn't mean it's not supportive of the project, Pitchford said. "Earlier this week, I was down in San Francisco and I had lunch with the head of Sega of America and he is committed to this. And we're going to make this awesome. I know it's been awhile since the announcement first happened that we're in for Aliens. I promise you it will not take as long as Duke Nukem Forever. We're not going to let this dream die, it's going to happen."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Gearbox:Aliens CM is going to happen.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 05:02:02 am »
Quote from: "Revenge Of JM"
Some rumblings that ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES has been canned or Sega is no llonger publishing, not so according to Gearbox.

With Brothers in Arms addressed, Pitchford moved onto the studio's next missing project, Aliens: Colonial Marines. "On the Aliens front, one of the weird things, especially on days like today, we've been really successful with Borderlands and that's on everyone's mind. And today and yesterday and on Friday, Duke Nukem kind of took over. So people wonder, 'Are they even doing Aliens? What's going on there?'

"

Here's the thing. This game is based on Aliens. It's a 20th Century Fox property and Sega is the publisher. So there's some fingers in this. We haven't really been able to be super free to be talk about everything we've been doing," Pitchford admitted.

But just because Sega hasn't been talking (or letting Gearbox talk!) doesn't mean it's not supportive of the project, Pitchford said. "Earlier this week, I was down in San Francisco and I had lunch with the head of Sega of America and he is committed to this. And we're going to make this awesome. I know it's been awhile since the announcement first happened that we're in for Aliens. I promise you it will not take as long as Duke Nukem Forever. We're not going to let this dream die, it's going to happen."

Fffff

Hey Joe, I renamed your newest account to ROJM, so do you want to use that one or this one?  I told Sharky to tell you but I guess the message didn't get though.

Just wondering

Infact if you wanted, we can switch you back to your original account!

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:15:56 pm »
So, there are two Aliens games?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 07:19:58 am »
Quote from: "ShadiWulf"
Quote from: "Revenge Of JM"

"

Fffff

Hey Joe, I renamed your newest account to ROJM, so do you want to use that one or this one?  I told Sharky to tell you but I guess the message didn't get though.

Just wondering

Infact if you wanted, we can switch you back to your original account!

Thanks mate,I appreciate it.

Quote from: "Autosaver"
So, there are two Aliens games?

Well if you count the Wii/NDS remake ,yeah.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 09:31:27 am »
Let's keep our fingers crossed.