Author Topic: Sonic Anniversary and new Mario & Sonic next year?  (Read 7069 times)

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Sonic Anniversary and new Mario & Sonic next year?
« on: October 10, 2010, 05:53:46 am »
http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/2010/1 ... confirmed/
I don't really care for the next Mario & Sonic game, but holy shit if the things about the Sonic Anniversary game are true. :O
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Sonic Anniversary and new Mario & Sonic next year?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 06:38:59 am »
Ohdear, I do not quite trust them remaking the old levels again, however if it turns out like Green Hill Zone in Sonic Adventure 2, I'll be all for it, as long as they can carry over that style of level design and not the ones seen in Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colours recently, it's a real wonder why they do not try to make levels like that again, I would consider the Green Hill Zone one of the best 3D platformer levels, I can't fathom why they did not carry that over into Sonic Heroes, even with the three character partnership (If anything, the level design would have suited it much better)

Mario & Sonic 2012 will probably be much better than the previous titles, since Mario & Sonic 2010 was much better than the last one too.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 08:08:07 am »
360 version still in negotiations? What would there be to negotiate? I'm skeptical about a Wii, DS AND PSP version also being made. If that were the case, Sonic Team would have to be developing three different versions of the game not to mention porting the PS3 version to the 360 or vice versa. I can't see Sonic Team having the time and man power to develop Sonic Anniversary for every system as well as currently developing Colors Wii, Colors DS and Sonic 4.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 10:17:43 am »
This news piece sounds very fishy. I wouldn't trust Spanish people all that much.

And was GHZ THAT good on SA2 Aki? I can't quite remember it being that good lol.
SEG4GES

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 10:38:01 am »
RACCAR said this on Sonic Retro:
Well guys, me and my girlfriend Ashthedragon ( registered here too) are the ones who talked to that Sega of Spain employee in the new spanish electronic expo Gamefest. We are journalists from a Spanish website called Modo 7, currently under construction, and talked with Izaskun as press. this is true. No rumor, confirmed. This will be probably officialy announced soon.

We first published this in a board we use to be, Sonic Reikai, and then talked with our good friend Jack Wallace from Sonic Paradise, who told Tristan about this, and you already know the rest.

About the lack of 360 plans, it hit us that there were no plans of releasing it, and asked profussely about it. There are negotiating it, but it not confirmed yet. it will probably come out in 360 anyways.

It is probably beacuse of Sonic Annyversary being a PS3 exclusive as filtered a while ago at first, but negotiated with Sony in order to being able to release it in Nintendo platforms too ( as it a different side of the market, maybe Sony doesn't care too much of it in Nintendo platforms). Maybe they are currently negotiating with Sony in order to publish it in 360 too.

It possibly also coming for 3DS, but that are only conjetures we made.
And later Dusk Golem said this:
Back and forth with news!

Seraphinprincess from Sonic Stadium, a member of Sonic Rekei who was also at the expo but did not talk anyone from SEGA but have talked to those that have says that the only details about Sonic Anniversary we have is they're, "going to remake the best levels in Sonic Unleashed/Colors style."

I know this will get mixed reactions but I'm personally happy... >3>
Seeing how the Sega staff talked about it, this should be revealed soon if this is true.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 10:41:18 am »
Quote from: "crackdude"
This news piece sounds very fishy. I wouldn't trust Spanish people all that much.

They have the best tennis player in the world, one of the best F1 drivers in the world and the best football team in the world! Surely that's enough for you to trust them, no?

Just kidding with you man!

Quote from: "crackdude"
And was GHZ THAT good on SA2 Aki? I can't quite remember it being that good lol.

In terms of level design, it was, but that's because it did really well to translate the level design of a 2D game into a 3D world quite well.

[youtube:29it05j1]8ycymywGv7c[/youtube:29it05j1]

Of course it's short, but you had quite a few multiple routes (5 or 6 I think) in a level that's only about a minute and half long, the days after this stage, the occurence of multiple routes were rarer than they were in that one stage.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 11:19:58 am »
Ah yes. I remember now.. It was great! A bit too spacious, but very nice indeed :)
SEG4GES

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 11:35:54 am »
Sounds good to me. I wanna speed through City Escape, Unleashed style.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 11:55:37 am »
Quote from: "TimmiT"
RACCAR said this on Sonic Retro:
Well guys, me and my girlfriend Ashthedragon ( registered here too) are the ones who talked to that Sega of Spain employee in the new spanish electronic expo Gamefest. We are journalists from a Spanish website called Modo 7, currently under construction, and talked with Izaskun as press. this is true. No rumor, confirmed. This will be probably officialy announced soon.

We first published this in a board we use to be, Sonic Reikai, and then talked with our good friend Jack Wallace from Sonic Paradise, who told Tristan about this, and you already know the rest.

About the lack of 360 plans, it hit us that there were no plans of releasing it, and asked profussely about it. There are negotiating it, but it not confirmed yet. it will probably come out in 360 anyways.

It is probably beacuse of Sonic Annyversary being a PS3 exclusive as filtered a while ago at first, but negotiated with Sony in order to being able to release it in Nintendo platforms too ( as it a different side of the market, maybe Sony doesn't care too much of it in Nintendo platforms). Maybe they are currently negotiating with Sony in order to publish it in 360 too.

It possibly also coming for 3DS, but that are only conjetures we made.
And later Dusk Golem said this:
Back and forth with news!

Seraphinprincess from Sonic Stadium, a member of Sonic Rekei who was also at the expo but did not talk anyone from SEGA but have talked to those that have says that the only details about Sonic Anniversary we have is they're, "going to remake the best levels in Sonic Unleashed/Colors style."

I know this will get mixed reactions but I'm personally happy... >3>
Seeing how the Sega staff talked about it, this should be revealed soon if this is true.

I find it interesting that the game was originally PS3 exclusive and now SEGA is trying to get it on other platforms. The fact that SEGA has to negotiate with Sony to get it on other platforms probably means Sony helped with development, funding or otherwise. Wouldn't be surprised to see exclusive content and a marketing push from Sony.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 02:02:59 pm »
The whole idea of making an exclusive Sonic game on the PS3 sounds too fishy, considering Sonic is a multi-platform character. Happy Anniversary Sonic! You're on every console except for the XBOX which is more popular in western regions just like you are!

Fishy I tells ya!

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 02:06:57 pm »
http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/2010/1 ... ober-22nd/
October 22nd we'll probably see what this looks like.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 02:23:22 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Fishy I tells ya!
Fishy approves of PS3 exclusivity. ^___^

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 03:32:47 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
The whole idea of making an exclusive Sonic game on the PS3 sounds too fishy, considering Sonic is a multi-platform character. Happy Anniversary Sonic! You're on every console except for the XBOX which is more popular in western regions just like you are!

Fishy I tells ya!

Nagoshi is making this game, confirmed? :afroman:

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 05:37:03 pm »
Wasnt the whole 'ps3 exclusive' thing completely speculation by that guy?
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 08:06:05 pm »
They said that 360 version is under negotiation. But most likely will happen. I'm sure it will.