Author Topic: PSO2 - Who's getting it? + old info you might have missed  (Read 5955 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
PSO2 - Who's getting it? + old info you might have missed
« on: December 11, 2010, 12:31:23 pm »
First of all, I wanted to know how many Segabitters will likely be playing PSO2 when it releases?

Secondly, at the end of the teaser lots of japanese phrases pop up in the background. Here is what they say. (and what I think they mean)

# "Action" and "RPG" re-connected
I assume they are suggesting that it's even more actiony and less 'target to kill' then even before. Possibly real time events like 'run from bolder' climb cliff... Just a guess.

# Increased variety of client orders

Really not sure... Can't tell if they mean the game client or the players. Even then... Not sure.

# Map functions changing in real time
Possibly random level lay outs?

# User-created story

Hard to say, sounds good though... Possibly user made missions? Not sure how it would work though.

# New interface for environmental interactions
interactive enviroments? I suspect the usual... mining, fishing lark. Although that isn't very PSO like... So we'll see.

# Global support
If I was to be optimistic I really hope this means everyone is on 1 big world wide server and we'll get the new content at the same time as the Japanese. A world wide launch would be awesome too... But I wont be holding my breath.

# Thorough racial balances
Speaks for itself really, I hope it works out!

# Full user participation events
Not sure completely... Events? I thought we already had this.

# Seasonal changes
Rare christmas, halloween, spring etc mobs, lobbies, and special items/equiptment?

# New chat system
There is already a form of messanger, email and voice chat... What else?

# New mail functions
Not sure what they could add here, maybe voice recorded mail?

# Drastic item synthesis overhaul

This is something needed, PSU's was horrible. You had to find the rare parts, then add it to your favourite weapon to upgrade it and after all that it could fail and break your weapon for good! BAD!

# Even wider variety of ways to raise your character
I assume even more jobs and classes then previous games.

# New direction of event scenes
Possibly better more eventful pre mission cut scenes... Instead of standing around listening to your partner harp on.

# Approach from NPCs
I think this means NPC characters will apprach you and ask you to do missions for them.

# Silhouette changes by add-ons... (obscured by logo)
Um, not sure. But I assume this means equipted items will change the way you look... maybe?

# New photon arts... (obscured by logo)
One of the good additions in PSU... PA attacks are great.

# Community supported content... (obscured)
We get to make some conent? I wonder how far it'll go... I assume player run shops and rooms will return.

# Additional character customization
Always a good thing! PSO/U is already one of the best on the market for character individuality.

# Category-based weapon training system... (obscured)
Hard to tell, maybe a training mode for individual weapon types. Sword, Rifle, Whip, Slicer etc.

# Implementation of asynchronous communication
Not sure how this would benifit a game like PSO at all. This basically means, in simple terms multiple convosations at once/ 2 people can talk at the same time... But yeah. No idea.

# New party system
Could mean a wide range of things really... Wouldn't mind seeing party size up to 10 or something radical!

# Improved enemy AI / cooperation
Speaks for itself, enemies will react more intelligently and so will your AI partners (if you choose to use them.)

# Limitless content
Possibly just a boast... Maybe a hint towards user created missions or something...

# New approach to the game client

The cliant is the software that sends infomation from the server to your computer... But I don't know what they could mean by this.

# Implementation of a new "life work"... (obscured by logo)
Not enough visible to know what this means... To take a stab in the dark, maybe as your character progresses in the game it takes notes of your accomplishments. (life work). Guessing here...

# Daily surprises
Wouldn't know what exactly... But if its cake, I'm in!

# "Trump card" system
"a playing card in the suit that has been declared trumps; "the ace of trumps is a sure winner" (google)
Not sure how this works in PSO2 though.

# Mutual interaction functionality for new and veteran users
Not really sure... Possibly a way of playing in which high level players can play with low level players and some how the enemies feel as though they are the correct level of challenge for your level? Another guess!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline Ulala5

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: PSO2 - Who's getting it? + old info you might have missed
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 01:21:02 pm »
me for sure but if will be released for consoles i should think to buy it for the 360. It depends also who will play with me and where :D
Go Go Channel 5

[Xbox Gamercards

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 03:44:01 pm »
I'd get it for PS3 as long as there's no monthly fee.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 03:51:23 pm »
If they succeed in getting the fundamentals from PSO (not psu) right that it feels like a sequal made with PSO 1 in mind, than i'll be sold. They'd have to sit around the table and research what made PSO such a nice game.

I'm sure they will because it wouldn't make sense for them to anounce a PSO2 if they could anounce A PSPOR 3 or a PSU... whatever. There are some great ideas they could take from PSPOR 2 like having your own room, the photon arts, dodging.

I am anticipating this game like crazy. If done right i'm sure the first screens will excite me. If not i'll just ignore it.

I am kind of a pessemist when it comes to sega with it's franchises lately. :( Especially when it's about "revivals" or "throwbacks".

Though I think the people working on phantasy star games know their franchise.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 04:44:03 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 04:03:28 pm »
I'm hyped for PSO2... just not sure if I'll be able to play it right away if it doesn't come to PS3. I won't have enough money to build a new PC by the time it comes out, if it's coming out during 2011 in the EU/US.

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 05:15:17 pm »
Definitely getting it, can't wait for it.
I'll be getting it for the PC, since my PC is moderately good (Phenom II X2 3.1GHz, Radeon HD4850, 4GB DDR2 800MHz CL4). Most likely it'll be able to handle PSO2 (unless PSO2 becomes a mess of a game like FFXIV).

Anyway, about this:
Quote from: "Sharky"
# Implementation of asynchronous communication
Not sure how this would benifit a game like PSO at all. This basically means, in simple terms multiple convosations at once/ 2 people can talk at the same time... But yeah. No idea.
I think this is not about the communication between players, but about the communication between the client and the server.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 06:04:44 pm »
Quote from: "ezodagrom"
I think this is not about the communication between players, but about the communication between the client and the server.

Good call... Yeah you are probably right!

I'm sure I'll probably be getting it for PC too... My PC sucks right now but I need to upgrade for Shogun 2 anyway.

I hope the game is compatable with the Xbox controller on the PC... That would be awesome.
Made by SEGA

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 08:07:50 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "ezodagrom"

Good call... Yeah you are probably right!

I'm sure I'll probably be getting it for PC too... My PC sucks right now but I need to upgrade for Shogun 2 anyway.

I hope the game is compatable with the Xbox controller on the PC... That would be awesome.
Most likely it will, I think that even PSO BB is compatibly with it (or at least it's compatible with my logitech F310 gamepad in XInput mode, which is the API used by the XBox 360 gamepad for Windows).

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 05:10:12 am »
Getting the game for sure , and it must be coming for the consoles; given PC are nowhere to that of consoles in Japan

I just want a next gen version of PSO, with lush next gen visuals and sound,but the gameplay pretty much the same
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 05:39:26 am »
I want similar game play to what was in PSO, but I think PSU and the PSportable games added a lot more to the game play and made it more fun and fluid.

Things like strafe, dodge roll and the photon art attacks I really hope they keep, going forward with the series.

But what they really need to do is go back to the streamlined pick up and play, yet deep at the same time game play of PSO. Streamline it.

More interesting levels, PSU's dungeons were long boring repeating corridors that hardly differed from one to the other. Each level in PSO had a completely different vibe, look and each had a great set piece room.

More interesting weapons too... both in look and animation. In PSO each weapon felt new and interesting, in PSU there were a LOT of clone weapons with simply a different colour blade or something.

But above those things, MORE content, so much more content. Levels, Missions, Challenge mode, Vs. mode... What killed PSU was the lack of content at the start of the game. If they could implement randomly generated dungeons, that would be very good for the series.

Thankfully I think most of these issues have been realised and improved to some degree as the PSU series has ages and updated after Sakai's take over.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 04:08:43 pm »
I am not sure what to expect at all yet, so I am not excited until I see what it at least looks like.

If it has a subscription based service at all, I do not think I will be getting it.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 04:17:18 pm »
PSU was asking too much with the payment for purchase + subscription, especially when you consider the quality compared to other MMO's.

I won't mind a subscription service if it's really worth it however. If it makes me drool like a fanboy than money won't play a role at all for me(Of course there are boundaries). I love PSO with a passion. It's one of those games that made the dreamcast stand out far more than other consoles of that gen.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 07:41:35 pm »
After spending about 20 hours with PSP2 so far I got to say I would be pretty happy if PSO2 ended up being a lot like it gameplay wise.

I love how customizable the classes are. Gone are all the confusing classes from PSU that made no sense. Back to the 3 basic classes. Hunter, Ranger, and Force.(EDIT: There is also a class called Vanguard, no idea what it is. So 4 basic classes) There is a catch though that makes this the most customizable PSO type game yet. Instead of having the game choose pre-determined weapons of what you can use depending on your class... you get something called "Type Points" instead.

With those type points you can choose what weapons and what rank of those weapons you want to use. If at anytime you decide you want to raise the rank of a different weapon, you can decrease the rank of a weapon you already have set. It's a pretty fucking awesome system IMO :D For example, say you have a Twin Dagger set to A rank but you don't have enough type points to use a B rank Wand. You can decrease the Twin Daggers back to B rank and increase the wand from C rank to B rank. You get more type points as you level up your class, not your character level.

PSP2 is also way more action oriented then either PSO or PSU was. The enemies are pure evil sometimes and have much smarter AI then in the past. You better get used to dodging, cause you'll be doing a lot of it in PSP2!

So yeah. If PSO2 improves on the concepts of PSP2, but with a PSO atmosphere and story instead of the crappy PSU stuff it would be a very amazing game.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 06:55:16 am »
^
I agree the point system for weapons and the smarter, faster enemy AI made PS:P2 a much better game then PSU even though it was built on the same engine. Those little tweaks made all the difference.

Something that probably wont return but I really want it too is the Clan/Guild point system from PSO:BB where you could have guilds that actually ment something and won guild points for bragging rights.

PvP is a must for me... Great fun.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sharky

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 09:53:44 am »
Random question... Was PSO (original) free to play ever?
I don't think I ever payed to play it online, to this day I'm not sure if I was supposed to or not.
Made by SEGA