Author Topic: PSO2 Tidbits Thread.  (Read 14343 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
PSO2 Tidbits Thread.
« on: February 06, 2011, 10:50:30 pm »
Any little thing you find, slap it here!

2ch ID: ScEatT4J gives us some small tidbits of PSO2 which were outlined in P-SPEC Fanzine

260 :名無しオンライン :2011/02/06(日) 02:05:16 ID:ScEatT4J

P-SPECに書いてある酒井の話の要点を教えてやる
敵の総称はPSU以降モンスターだったがエネミーに戻そうと思ってる
Enemies in PSU were given the term, “Monster,” we’re considering restoring [the term] “Enemy”.

お前らには冒険を味わってもらいたいから舞台は知りすぎたラグオルじゃない、どっかでラグオルと繋がってる 世界だがな
Because I want you to taste [new] adventure, the stage is not set in Ragol which you are already too familiar with. Although, somewhere in this world, there may be a connection to Ragol.

戦闘に入るとBGM変わる
When entering battle, the BGM changes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: PSO2 Tidbits Thread.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:21:49 am »
Best was Forest 2, with the rain and the calm music, then a battle starts and the battle BGM comes in. Epic.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 08:39:52 am »
 HAHAHAHA! I've made Sakai get embarassed along he was on a live streaming show!!  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

I'M EVIL  :evil:

I don't like what he made at PSU, and I dislike the new storyline. The game is good though.

The humans are a race created by another race?? WTF? Go to hell Sakai  :P  Everything is fake on PSU storyline. Every thing! The system to link photon arts to your weapon is pure shitty too! Too many things to do in PSP; it's a very busy game -__-;; Stressfull!

Now people are afraid about what he is doing on PSO2, since he mades PSU, he was there, and the game was a complete flop.

About the new scenario, I have not liked Coral, hates Gurhal, but I like Ragol. However, nothing is better than Algol!

Just go back to Algol and settle this thing  :|

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 10:14:16 am »
PSU was a big dissapointment for me, especially after pso, which still hasn't aged at all. Fuck every MMORPG on the planet, PSO is the shizz and beats every one of them!!

PSPortable 2 however is very solid, and it was great to read at the comment sections (I think it was ezodogram) that the team behind psportable 2 will jump on the PSO2 development bandwagon too. I am sure they'll know what to do, especially with sakai leading.

Sakai san won me over with his many remarks and hints about the series. He knows what he's talking about when he does. Certainly no Iizuka  :lol:
And it's always something good. Stuff like the music change when battles occur, are just little things that matter for a PSO 2 and do "add" to the experience.

Honestly, I would have been nitpicking if that weren't the case. Luckily we don't have to deal with such situations when the right people are behind the wheel

Man I cannot wait to see the first images.

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 02:13:09 pm »
Quote from: "STORM!"
 HAHAHAHA! I've made Sakai get embarassed along he was on a live streaming show!!  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

I'M EVIL  :evil:

I don't like what he made at PSU, and I dislike the new storyline. The game is good though.

The humans are a race created by another race?? WTF? Go to hell Sakai  :P  Everything is fake on PSU storyline. Every thing! The system to link photon arts to your weapon is pure shitty too! Too many things to do in PSP; it's a very busy game -__-;; Stressfull!

Now people are afraid about what he is doing on PSO2, since he mades PSU, he was there, and the game was a complete flop.

About the new scenario, I have not liked Coral, hates Gurhal, but I like Ragol. However, nothing is better than Algol!

Just go back to Algol and settle this thing  :|

The one that was in the position that Sakai is now (producer) for Phantasy Star Universe was Takao Miyoshi though.

BTW, in PSU, humans created the other races, they weren't created by other races.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 03:01:38 pm »
If this remains only on PC and is a Japanese exclusive, then I will have finally understood how a Sonic 4 hater feels. The idea of the whole world coming together to play one game was the number one goal of PSO. Heck, they talked about the simple chat system and shared servers more than they did the gameplay back in the day. The near simultaneous world release was also a big deal (well, all regions within 2 months, but still thats quite a short time span for a Japanese RPG). So I very much doubt that the core value of PSO will be left out of PSO2. The thing will have to be worldwide to be considered PSO2. PC exclusive, I guess, isn't a deal breaker though PSO is at home when on a console.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 03:41:26 pm »

[youtube:tql8fdzt]gvdf5n-zI14[/youtube:tql8fdzt]

Offline Sharky

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 07:41:33 pm »
STORM you have got it all wrong!
Sakai was not involved with PSU at all.

As far as I am aware he joined the project on Phantasy Star Portable and Phantasy Star Portable 2.
Sakai is the man that took what was balls about PSU and made it a pretty damn good game with the tools he had to work with.

Hell I'm quite convinced PSO2 will be an awesome game BECAUSE of his involvment.

Also the Humans are the original race, all others are made by humans. This is the story in every Phantasy Star game yet, even PSU.
Made by SEGA

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 02:11:04 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
2nd person in the credits. :>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di0DpYXHMKA

Anyway, some details on how PSU JP players can get a code for the lottery to participate on PSO2 alpha.
Japanese PC/PS2 Phantasy Star Universe players will have three chances at getting a code, as they will be distributed to eligible players in three different batches. Here are the dates of distribution along with the requirements for each.

February 24: You must be a premium course player on February 20 or you must have bought 3,000 GC (or more) between January 1 and February 20.
Early April: You must be a premium course player on March 31 or you must have bought 3,000 GC (or more) between February 21 and March 31.
Early May: You must be a premium course player on April 30 or you must have bought 3,000 GC (or more) between April 1 and April 30.
http://www.pso-world.com/news/02353-pha ... est-summer

Offline Sharky

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 05:12:11 am »
Quote from: "ezodagrom"

Well shiver my timbers.
Either way, ever since he took over Takao Miyoshi's position the series has gotten better and better.
Made by SEGA

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 07:38:28 am »
Quote from: "ezodagrom"

Well shiver my timbers.
Either way, ever since he took over Takao Miyoshi's position the series has gotten better and better.
Both Sakai and Miyoshi also worked on PSO, Yuji Naka was the Producer, Miyoshi the Director and Sakai the Art Director.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA0dfgJdUKk

Who knows who was responsible for PSU being kinda a disapointment, can't just put the blame in one person (like how Sonic fans put the blame for everything bad in the Sonic series on Iizuka), maybe PSU was just a result of the mess that Sonic Team was in during those times (Yuji Naka suddenly leaving, released on the year that Sonic 06 was released).
Well, even with all its problems, PSU still had some good parts (unlike Sonic 06).

Offline STORM!

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 08:12:20 am »
No, no & NO! Sakai does not deserves all these love from the world.

I'm not saying he is a bad guy, he is not really bad. However, he is not that good, though.

I'll try to resume the story:

- Phantasy Star was created by Hayashida Koutarou, Rieko Kodama, Tokuhiko Uwabo, Naka Yuji (+ 2 more women);

- Naka Yuji was the head behind the online version of the series (with the permission of Rieko Kodama);

- Naka Yuji has left Sega before PSU got finished, Miyoshi was in charge of it, and has got all the "love" from the users after the game got released. PSU (alongside with a lot of potential rivals) has won the Japanese "Worst Game of the Year" prize on that year;

- Sega makes a last attempt to save the series, and develops Phantasy Star Portable. Accord to rumors, Sega was decided to end the series with this last title;

- Suddenly, the game sells a lot, but it was too late for Miyoshi. It was already decided that he was leaving Sega. He also made a smash hit on Wii's Wii Ware before left Sega with Pole's Big Adventure;

- Sakai has assumed his post. Sakai announces Phantasy Star Zero. People got confused. It is not a game linked with the original series, but has a "0" on it. The game is for DS. Sakai uses Lunar series designer on it. Users complains about most everything on it. Design, characters animations, etc... clearly, the game was a flop;

- Sakai announces PSP2, and people get realised that most of the things on the PSP (Phantasy Star Portable) series was made almost by Alfa-System, and not really by Sega(Sakai);

- PSP2 sells good, but not enough for Alfa-System. The company's president says on an interview that the only way to Alfa-System getting profits, is the game selling at least one million copies...

PSP1 sold very well, but oddly has got the same hate from the users that PSU has got on the Playstation 2 version, since PSP is completely based on PSU. Sega has just got a "blind big hit" with PSP, after the fever by multiplayer games on Sony's PSP started with Monster Hunter.

Sakai has not really made anything till now... he is just on charge of an almost dead project, since Sega was planning to quit the series before the sudden big hit. And most of the things we are seeing now were already made many times before he was turned into producer of the series and half of these things was made by Alfa-System. He has, until now, 1 major flop with PSU, and a smash flop, with PS Zero.

About the humans in PSU series; yes, they were made by another race. The ancient civilization of this series made them. Dark Falz(or whatever it is now) has killed all the people on all the 3 planets, and they managed to seal him. The ancient people had success in to seal DarkFalz, build a brand new race ( the humans ) and died right after that. Really? REALLY?? C'MON! What a SHITTY PLOT! MYGOD! The main character of PSP2 also has died.... YES! Emilia is actally a zombie! She has made a visit to Ryukross, and died there! LOL!!! There's more: you, your character, you got killed at the first stage in PSP2. Completely dead at the end of the very first mission.  You get all this information right in the start of the game. Mika, one woman from the ancient people, who is living inside Emilia, tell you everything. Yes! Right at the very start of the game! XDDD I decided to stop playing after those shocking revelations...you are actually a zombie in Phantasy Star Portable 2.

We will see of what Sakai is truly capable in PSO2, but I'm betting on Sega, not him. This is a big and important project for Sega. After the success (only on sales) of PSP1, Sega has put more efforts on the series, and brought back some people from the Sakura Taisen series. Some people does not knows that, but, in the start, the Sakura Taisen team was build with people right from Phantasy Star 4 team!!!

About Miyoshi, looks like he is at YS'Net now, working with Yu Suzuki.

Sorry for the long post ;pp

Offline Sharky

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 08:34:03 am »
Sakai is awesome! Storm is wrong!

Also, don't take that plot so seriously, in a game like PSO its only fluff to keep the ultra nerds happy while the rest of us get online with some friends and slap about yellow penguins with silly weapons.
Made by SEGA

Offline STORM!

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 08:53:37 am »
PHANTASY STAR is my favourite games series EVER! From all time! Since my childhood!

LET'S KILL RYAN! :evil:

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 01:05:16 pm »
Everyone keeps mentioning how the portable games are an improvement.  How so?  I decided to give PSP2 a shot on my friends PSP and it immediately dumped me in Plains Overlord(a mission I never want to see again).  It also played exactly the same as PSU.  Am I missing something?  

As for PSO2, I really hope they do away with this moe, frilly design bullshit that has consumed the franchise starting with PSU.  It's actually only gotten worse with the inclusion of gothic vampires in infinity.  A strong sense of atmosphere and gameplay that relies on precision and strategy are going to be key in PSO2's success.  It'll be a miracle if they pull it off given the track record involved.  Still, the very fact that its named Online 2 is promising and hints that they are aware of their past mistakes.  

- Sakai has assumed his post. Sakai announces Phantasy Star Zero. People got confused. It is not a game linked with the original series, but has a "0" on it. The game is for DS. Sakai uses Lunar series designer on it. Users complains about most everything on it. Design, characters animations, etc... clearly, the game was a flop;

The game may have been a financial flop, but it was well designed and well made.  Combat was greatly improved from PSU, characters were charming and the story was actually kind of compelling.  The art was pretty lame but the visuals were appealing in their low poly minimalism.  I was a big fan of Zero; it's one of the reasons I remain hopeful for PSO2.