Author Topic: Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version  (Read 13306 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Mega Man Legends 3: Prototype Version
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 08:45:57 pm »
Quote from: "George"
Actually its very rare that I agree with Yahtzee. I feel some of his reviews are not really.. well reviewed well.

Like he will say "This game makes you jump a lot like a spastic and shoot" ... ok... like if I buy a platformer.. I expect it.

He basically takes a standard gameplay element and acts like its bad. He also hates 'leveling up' in non RPG games. Makes no sense to me.

One thing I find kinda funny about him is how he keeps picking on sequels yet they're also a fair amount of his favorite games (Silent Hill 2, Dead Rising 2, Half-Life 2, Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, etc.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 12:58:15 am »
Anyway, here's a new blog post showing off a few things:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/bl ... ction_hero
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 07:47:17 am »
The game got canned lol. No hard feelings for those who looked forward to it, but honestly this is one of the most hilarious, unexpected news in a while. All those fans that we're participating and anticipating this title just got a big fuck you from Cra... capcom. Wow  :-\

http://www.gamespot.com/3ds/rpg/mega-man-legends-3/news/6324412/mega-man-legends-3-officially-cancelled

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/07/18/mega-man-legends-3-canceled.aspx

Announced via a blog post on Capcom-Unity, the publisher says the cancellation is due to the game failing to meet "required criteria" that would decide whether it went into full production. As such, Capcom says it has no plans to develop Legends 3 nor to release the prototype version of the game that was being worked on. The prototype was originally set to be distributed onto 3DS units via Nintendo's eShop in the near future.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 07:54:52 am »
iwata: *laughs*

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 11:16:58 am »
This "Prototype" really would've stood out on the 3DS, there isn't anything else on the system like it. Hopefully they can reuse the code for other games on the system, and make something similar without the Mega Man name attached to it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 11:28:12 am »
Jeez! What is with the Mega Man brand these days? Both this and Universe get canned? I don't follow the series, but aside from the NES-style sequels, is there much Mega Man stuff going on? Or is the series in a rut?

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 12:41:02 pm »
Jeez! What is with the Mega Man brand these days? Both this and Universe get canned? I don't follow the series, but aside from the NES-style sequels, is there much Mega Man stuff going on? Or is the series in a rut?

I really don't know. Maybe it has something to do w/Inafune san leaving, but I wish they'd give a better explanation.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 12:49:08 pm »
Mega Man Universe was going to be dogshit, but this I was actually looking forward to. The fans had to realize that the game technically never existed though, and it was an experiment that in the end only just really upset the fans. Capcom also over hyped the Nintendo 3DS' install base and they have moved/canceled tons of upcoming releases on the platform.

Either way, it really sucks for me. Even with Shinobi I cannot believe how uninterested I am in the 3DS right now. Honestly, PlayStation Vita's lineup is pretty weak and none of the games are closed to finished, but even I think those games crush what the 3DS has coming out.

The franchise never was able to expand too much as the fanbase was so dead-set on a specific style of games, forcing the Mega Man series to basically only appeal to a niche crowd. Capcom Japan also believes the style of the series is "Too Japanese" for the taste of other regions, which is very incorrect.

The last really different style game was the Battle Network series and Capcom REALLY milked the shit out that. I believe there were 12 games in the series in a 5 year period even, it just fell apart. The X series which ran for like...8 games too long alienated a lot of fans too. As far as I know, the ZX and Zero games on Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS did worse and worse as they went on too.

So yeah, no one really knows what is happening to the series, but they really need a new, big game to help keep the series relevant at all. I honestly cannot see that happening though... Oh well, Capcom sucks I guess.

I really don't know. Maybe it has something to do w/Inafune san leaving, but I wish they'd give a better explanation.

Outside of Mega Man 9 and 10, Inafune really did not have much interaction with the series anymore. He was more focused on titles like Dead Rising and Lost Planet lately. He only even made a conceptual character for Mega Man Legends 3, which was not even accepted anyways.  :D

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011, 01:57:12 pm »
I'm surprised we haven't seen a 2D Mega Man game released with slick HD graphics this gen. The 2D gameplay seems to be the most popular of the series, and the visual style of MvC3 and Super Street Fighter 4 is impressive. I'd think a Mega Man game given the same hype as Super Mario Bros Wii or Sonic Generations would sell very well. MM9 and 10 sorta come off as official fan games to me. They seem way to retro niche to me, though I do get that there is a big fan base that gobble those titles up. Or Capcom could take the middle road and release a PSN/XBLA title with lovely lush graphics or something stylized. That retains the gameplay but presents it in a visually impressive way.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 02:17:08 pm »
Retro niche? Most people who enjoy Megaman only enjoy the NES games.

I would rather an HD 2D game as well, but I am not denying reality.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 02:32:54 pm »
Kinda saw this happening, Capcom doesn't want me to have nice things.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 03:29:13 pm »
That's really a bummer. I enjoyed Mega Man Legends and I honestly am disappointed that Capcom pulled the plug on this game.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 06:36:43 pm »
Outside of Mega Man 9 and 10, Inafune really did not have much interaction with the series anymore. He was more focused on titles like Dead Rising and Lost Planet lately. He only even made a conceptual character for Mega Man Legends 3, which was not even accepted anyways.  :D

What exactly was going on during the development of Universe and Legends 3.