Author Topic: The topic of Ryujii Goda being in the next Yakuza  (Read 4124 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
The topic of Ryujii Goda being in the next Yakuza
« on: August 18, 2010, 01:42:30 pm »
WTF, why has no one made a topic about this yet? We are going to see this game for the first time next month, so might as well get things started with the Dragon of Kansai himself!

So pretty much this game can go anywhere as it will be nothing like the rest of the series or something like that, but because Nagoshi is the man it will most likely be outstanding.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: The topic of Ryujii Goda being in the next Yakuza
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 03:31:18 pm »
Every character reveal (With the exception of Kazuma, since we knew he was bound to be in some form) has gotten me more and more excited for what SEGA is going to reveal at Tokyo Game Show this year. I fully expect this to be the best Yakuza in storyline and I am extremely interested in seeing how the gameplay differs this time round.

Now all we need is a major character unique to Yakuza 3 and we've got a cast that stretches the whole series, you can do a lot with a storyline like that.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 03:36:28 pm »
Do not forget Kaoru! But what we really need is Haruka with a chainsaw or something.

What do you expect the gameplay to be like? Honestly, I was pretty certain it would be an FPS or something like that until we saw the art of Ryujii, now I cannot even begin to guess.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 04:02:12 pm »
I did not think it would be a first person shooter but a third person shooter in the form of Resident Evil 4, perhaps. But right now it could be anything, it could even be we get the widest selection of weapons possible in the game or something. I am not too sure, but I trust Nagoshi and his team know what they are doing.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 04:59:41 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Do not forget Kaoru! But what we really need is Haruka with a chainsaw or something.

What do you expect the gameplay to be like? Honestly, I was pretty certain it would be an FPS or something like that until we saw the art of Ryujii, now I cannot even begin to guess.

Like Condenmed, only with an unrestrictive gameplay.

Although I do hope this game spends alot of time in development as I haven't even played part 3 yet, and I don't like that we have an early Yakuza game.

How can we miss you if you won't go away.

Spoilers
[spoiler:346m67d5]Also out of the 2 Yakuza games that I've played, part 2 is my least favourite and seeing this guy just reminds me of that, given that the building did not blow up in the end, he couldn't have died as he was just knocked out from what I remember.

So it isn't exactly like Dead Character Resurrection.[/spoiler:346m67d5]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 07:20:15 pm by cube_b3 »

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 05:09:44 pm »
What? You liked Yakuza 2 less than the first one? How is that even possible? I cannot even stand the first one after beating the second.

As for needing long development time, I am not sure. Each Yakuza game lately has only had about a years development time and improved on pretty much everything by a lot. People can say whichever story they like better, but there is no denying the gameplay and extras have been greatly improved with each release. I would love Nagoshi to work on other stuff as much as anyone else, but if the quality stays up, then I am not too upset.

Also, spoilers! Cover up your spoilers!

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 07:29:06 pm »
Yakuza 2 was a dissapointment on every level, while the gameplay was improved no argumentt their, the cities and all the Minigames for the most part were crap.

The loading times were exponentially reduced but they should've done it with the 1st game only, those loading times were just poor programming and they should have addressed it before the game came out, they had the chance to address them with the US release and they still didn't bother.

Long story short everything that Yakuza 2 introduced should've been in Yakuza 1, Yakuza 2 for the PS2 should've never happend, it should've been released for the PS3 and they would've accomplished that if they didn't have to push out a new game every year.

Y2 was a big commercial failure as well (internationally atleast), I showed it to my friends who enjoyed the 1st one and they weren't intrested in playing something so similar all over again.

It is also the reason SOA was so hesitant about releasing YKenzan & Y3

Lastly I really didn't like the story of Y2, especially the last few chapters plot twists after plot twists, each one was stupider than the last one and I was so pissed off.

Y1's story also may not be Spilberg material, but those Prequel episodes had really sucked me in to the YAkuza universe and I was already in love with it before I played the game, and given that the 1st chapter is exactly a fleshed out version of episode 4 it only helped my immersion.

I admit the last few chapters of Y1 were also stupid, especially the ending climax but the conclusion was acceptale (read good)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 04:18:16 am »
Yakuza 2 had the Tiger Punching, which was just fabulous.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 01:14:49 pm »
And who could forget the man-baby club?  I know it's permanently burned into my mind.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 01:26:05 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Also, spoilers! Cover up your spoilers!

I went and fixed that  :afroman:

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 09:47:31 pm »
I'm also really surprised that you didn't care for Yakuza 2 that much.
I think it's probably my favourite in the series.

Gameplay improvements aside, I really liked the story.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 01:20:19 pm »
Well I am happy that you liked it, if you received entertainment out of it you got alue for money.

I on the other hand didn't it pissed me off so much I discarded the PS2 altogether, through both games with it (but the deal fell through and I still have the system and the games, and I don't feel that much hate towards them anymore), and I would never play through that game again...

All those side missions were pretty annoying as well to think for PS3 you will have trophies for all the extra crap and loose points if you don't play them, thank god the hores aren't in it atleast.

This post is getting way to long, I could go on and give examples of everything I hated, but I don't need to cause you didn't dislike them, Skarky was pissed off they changed Sonic's shoes in Adventure 2 and I wasn't, Aki-At questioned the plot of SA2 and came up with massive plot holes and I agreee that those are flaws, but I enjoyed the game so much that I simply overlooked all those flaws and it is my favourite Sonic game

In the end what it really comes down to is immersion, where you hooked or not, if you weren't than you find flaws in the things that are functioning properly as well.

I am sorry, and I am glad that you liked the game but I invested good money into it and I expected a better game, you on the other hand were happy with what you got.