Author Topic: Captain America: Super Soldier: Out this week, reviews and movie chat!  (Read 21727 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
With the movie coming out next week, I'm sure a lot of people are wanting to play a video game starring the iconic character.

Of course, it's not another tie-in, it's a movie based off the universe of the game, which all things considered isn't saying much.

I predict that Captain America: Super Soldier will most likely be better than Thor: God of Thunder, mostly because, unlike the other title, Marvel's big blockbuster has been a bit quiet, much like The Incredible Hulk.

While Sega's Iron Man was terrible, The Incredible Hulk got a bit less flak over the fact that there wasn't a huge spotlight on it, hence less studio meddling.

Next Level Games claims that they've been working on this title for over 3 years(and it certainly looks like a game that was released back then), hence had much less pressure to rush.

Will copying the playstyle of Batman: Arkham Asylum do this game any good? One can hope so.

Anyway, the game's out today in the US and in european countries this friday.

As the song goes, hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Wonder if SEGA will be sending the 'bits crew some review copies?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
You know what, everytime i watch the trailers for this title, with Cap bouncing off the walls I can't help but think that if Sega west gets to do another SHINOBI game targetted for HD consoles they should at least use these guys.
Back to the topic,Cap shares the same thing with Hulk that it uses the same type of gameplay that was used in another game. I can understand how they were able to do that with the hulk but i dunno how they did it with Cap. True about IM i don't think it was finished considering what time they had but the potential was there it just never got reached. Shame that SL got screwed, they did what was asked of them and they got criticised on all sides then closed down yet their second game which isn't great sold over a million. Oh well, CAPTAIN AMERICA will probably sell thru thanks to the buzz for the movie and that's IF the movie is any good. As for THOR, NDS is the best version IMO and i thought the movie was good, better than what i was expecting which wasn't much.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
Games based off of borderline-retarded American propaganda comics made into lame fad films? Then made into quick crash-grab schemes by unheard-of developers with no history with SEGA?

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Hopefully Simon Jeffery's rot will be over after this embarrassment (or game if you consider it that) is out, then quickly forgotten. I hope SEGA enjoys the 4/10 average it will get. That should really make them look good to the public, press, and Metacritic. Apparently Iron Man, Iron Man again, Thor, The Hulk, and The Golden Compass were not humilitating enough.

This stuff makes Sonic look good in comparison.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
I do not think so. I actually think Super Soldier looks like a pretty good game. I am mildly excited for the HD release, but the other ones... Look a lot worse.

Offline max_cady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jyQhRSIYqQ

Here's the first 10 minutes of this game. Even the ingame engine seems similar to Batman: Arkham Asylum.
It looks Ok-ish. A lot of slow-mo.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
I have the PS3 version of the game pre-ordered so I plan on playing it as soon as it comes out. I'm excited!
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline max_cady

My game was shipped today, keep fingers crossed to play it on Friday, I still got 4 vacation days left.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
???? Are you guys U.K. or something? The game doesn't come out until next Tuesday here in the states.

I really enjoyed what I played at E3. Even the Wii version was fun. I'm predicting this to be the best Marvel/Sega game yet. (Not a hard feat to make.)
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
???? Are you guys U.K. or something? The game doesn't come out until next Tuesday here in the states.

I really enjoyed what I played at E3. Even the Wii version was fun. I'm predicting this to be the best Marvel/Sega game yet. (Not a hard feat to make.)

I'm in the US, so I won't get it until Tuesday. ;)
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline ROJM

Not really, SPIDER MAN VS KINGPIN and SPIDERMAN THE VIDEO GAME as well as X MEN 2 CLONE WARS are considered the best MarvelXSega video games if not some of the best games based on a Marvel license.Hopefully CAPTAIN AMERICA will be able to join that pantheon.

Offline max_cady

Wha...?

Yeah, the UK and general european release date is indeed, tomorrow, but whoever pre-ordered will hopefully have it in their mailbox on the same day.

The US date is indeed scheduled for July 19th, closer to the movie's release date on the 22nd.

Games are ussually released for in the US on a Tuesday, so I just assumed that US gamers already had it.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
The US date is indeed scheduled for July 19th, closer to the movie's release date on the 22nd.

Games are ussually released for in the US on a Tuesday, so I just assumed that US gamers already had it.

Especially because the game is CAPTAIN AMERICA. It is pretty damn weird.

Not really, SPIDER MAN VS KINGPIN and SPIDERMAN THE VIDEO GAME as well as X MEN 2 CLONE WARS are considered the best MarvelXSega video games if not some of the best games based on a Marvel license.Hopefully CAPTAIN AMERICA will be able to join that pantheon.

Right on, man!

Offline ROJM

Especially because the game is CAPTAIN AMERICA. It is pretty damn weird.

You know you are correct that is werid and very stupid considering. But then I guess that's what happens when you put the Sega Europe boss in charge of Sega of America.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5

I meant current Gen under the current Marvel/Sega contract.
Grammar Expert Plus