Author Topic: Gametrailers previews Binary Domain  (Read 9319 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Gametrailers previews Binary Domain
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 04:23:22 pm »
Since its been forever, I'll just post my impressions here, be kind of silly to post it on the frontpage now after the game drops next month, so here goes! My Eurogamer Expo impressions!

- The game has four modes, easy, normal, hard and impossible, I picked normal. Then you get to pick your level and naturally I went with the one that had the big giant spider and I picked with Faye and Rachel.
- Funny enough, Dan can take a fair few shots from normal weapons before he collapses to the ground in need of aid kits, you have about 20 seconds to inject yourself with one if you do go down or ask a team mate to inject one into you. I liked this as I did not need to hide in cover for most the time, it was often me dodging all the bullets coming right my way.
- You get a game over if Dan does not get a health kit in time or one of his team mates die, seems simple enough.
- The shooting mechanics were great, fast and frantic and certainly I think anyone who likes third person shooters is going to love this game
- The consequence system is going to have to be played multiple time to get the full effect from it. But certainly if you disobey your teams command you could make the situation a bit hard for yourself. I was meant to take out robots on the left whilst the team handle the robots on the right. I just went for all of them. The next time I played that section, I stuck to the plan and took out the machines faster plus an increase in trust with the other characters
- The first boss was great to fight against, especially loved the part where you are meant to climb the stairs and then jump onto the back of the machine and shot he brains out (Well if he had a brain, that's the part you would be shooting)
- Speaking about that spider boss... I loved it! Huge boss firing rockets, machine guns and trying to stomp you to death. As if that was not enough, when I first played against is I blew off each of its legs thinking eventually the machine is going to fall on its backside... Massive mistake on my part. When you blow off all but one of it's legs, the machine faces its body upwards and stands on its one leg and starts... Hopping! Yes hopping! It hops all over the place and tracking to shot it becomes pretty damn hard. I was amazed, if each boss is going to have awesome moments like this, this game will be one to be remembered for years.
- The bad part was when you actually beat the boss, it starts exploding and the screen fills up with smoke and the framerate drops dramatically. However nothing else happens at this point but hopefully they will fix it for release

So yes, I loved every moment of it. The first level must have taken me about 15 minutes to complete, and the level with the spider robot boss another 15 minutes. But I enjoyed playing the game multiple times and certainly looking like it will be SEGA's game of 2012. I mean, IT HAS GIANT HOPING ROBOTIC SPIDERS, HOW CAN IT NOT BE THEIR GAME OF THE YEAR?!?

There a new vid/interview up on XBL with the main man Masayoshi Kikuchi.

Game just looks really awesome with each new build

I just checked and cannot find it, you sure its there?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 05:45:30 pm »
Does it play anything like Vanquish?
SEG4GES

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 08:38:57 pm »
I just checked and cannot find it, you sure its there?

yeah me too, i can't find it anywhere!

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 03:49:30 am »
Just go to video ,then look for inside box select that and use the right stick to go through the available features and you'll see Binary Domain - Rise of the Machines
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 07:37:34 am »
^^
nothing for me.
i tried on both U.S and european accounts

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 08:35:23 pm »
Ah SEGA made a video with the hoping giant spider robot! They start showing it in 7 minutes 20 seconds, seriously, have a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Psjt9-DHg

Does it play anything like Vanquish?

If you mean minus the boost... Kind of, but it still feels more geared to your typical third person shooter.

^^
nothing for me.
i tried on both U.S and european accounts

I found it, all it is is the original (The really bad one) with an interview in between, mixing with all the trailers we have seen. So yeah, nothing to worry about.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 03:40:20 pm »
It didn't dawn on my until Aki's post that this game is coming out next month! Looking forward to it, especially with giant hopping robot spiders. They need to add in overweight kayaking cyborg scorpions and it'll be perfect.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 07:21:51 pm »
It is sort of funny how this game has sneaked up on us. Perhaps its because there was such a large amount of games over the Christmas period or perhaps its the fact SEGA has completely forgotten it has any games in 2012 and stopped bothering to market anything, but either way I really cannot wait.

The game really grabbed me at Eurogamer, I was worried that perhaps their signature style would not come out, but when I started riding the first miniboss, I knew I was going to love this game.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 06:08:54 pm »
Another preview, this time from a British television show. At first I was shouting at how could SEGA give such a major exclusive to a youtube account, were they being cheap? Then I read up they are the largest video games program in the country, L O L ME!

Anyway http://segabits.com/blog/2012/01/09/check-out-binary-domains-first-chapter-shown-on-british-tv/ you can check it out here, word of warning, might not be viewable outside the UK.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 09:27:41 am »
Riddle me this: Are the Gamestop exclusives worth it for pre-ordering there? Typically I just buy a game at Target or Best Buy.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 02:44:21 pm »
Riddle me this: Are the Gamestop exclusives worth it for pre-ordering there? Typically I just buy a game at Target or Best Buy.

http://www.destructoid.com/binary-domain-pre-order-bonuses-are-all-about-multiplayer-214260.phtml

Unless you think you are going to be really into multiplayer, honestly I would say just skip it.

It's the Kazuma Kiryu DLC that would be worth it if they release it here, would even be his Microsoft debut!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 03:20:04 pm »
I don't know why, but I actually think I would really love playing the multiplayer for binary domain. I havent checked for pre orders yet but if theres online DLC included, I might go for it too

Edit: Oh and I forgot to say: NOTHING BUT LIEZ!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:15:30 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 06:47:15 pm »
It's the Kazuma Kiryu DLC that would be worth it if they release it here, would even be his Microsoft debut!

KAZUMA KIRYU DLC!?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 06:48:35 am »