Author Topic: Shenmue City/Ys Net Topic!  (Read 41624 times)

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: Shenmue on Yahoo Mobage WTF? Thread
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2010, 02:06:19 pm »
 Why does people want Shenmue 3 to be the final chapter when we already knows there are a lot of chapters on it? I dont want to go straight to the final battle... I want to see and play everything Yu Suzuki have prepaired for us ;P without cuts!

About YS NET, looking the map, we can clearly see that his studio is not inside Sega; its in another location but at the same street as Sega build stills.

I think Yu is on the same boat as Naka Yuji; if it fails again, no more Yu Suzuki games from Sega... ;__; (Sega is doing nothing on it though:p)

Glad to see I was faster enough on bringing this news XDDD I feel happy to make people happy.

About the game, they said that Ryo is not the main character. You will create your own character and starts in Yokosuka.

Better that than nothing. Im awaiting for the PC version, not the mobile phone version.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2010, 02:10:45 pm »
"The Final Chapter" was a joke, though I do think that many fans would prefer closure in an epic finale rather than yet another "to be continued... (?)". I don't think our hearts can take another cliffhanger.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2010, 02:14:00 pm »
Quote from: "STORM!"
 Why does people want Shenmue 3 to be the final chapter when we already knows there are a lot of chapters on it? I dont want to go straight to the final battle... I want to see and play everything Yu Suzuki have prepaired for us ;P without cuts!
Because nobody wants to risk another ten year cliff-hanger!

Anyway, I was really bloody skeptical about this game at first, thinking it would be nothing but rubbish shovelware made by some tin-cup developer, but now...

Okay I'm actually pretty excited. It's got SOME involvement at least by the greatest Game designer who ever walked the planet, and it's a legitimate new Shenmue game. Fingers crossed everyone.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2010, 02:20:43 pm »
Then, it should be the longest game ever made ;p Dont want too many cuts.

By the way, look at the Shenmue CGs. Man, its so "next gen"! And it was made 8 years ago... beautiful!

YS NET site also has a list with all works by Yu Suzuki, and, oh God, he pratically made Sega! The list is separated in "as Director" and "as Producer".

Too many games! Epic games!

They should make a list for the "cancelled games" too. LOL!

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2010, 12:42:55 am »
Quote from: "STORM!"

YS NET site also has a list with all works by Yu Suzuki, and, oh God, he pratically made Sega! The list is separated in "as Director" and "as Producer".

Too many games! Epic games!

They should make a list for the "cancelled games" too. LOL!

actually the list is missing VF4Evo, Outrun 2, Virtua Cop 3 ( all of them as a producer )

about the canceled games ... Shenmue(Saturn), Propeller Arena, PSY-PHI, Shenmue Online ( all of them as a director )

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Shenmue City/Ys Net Topic!
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2010, 03:32:52 am »
]About YS NET, looking the map, we can clearly see that his studio is not inside Sega; its in another location but at the same street as Sega build stills.

Well AM#2 wasn't isn't in the same building as SEGA HQ but right next to it, and UGA was in Shinbuya.

though I do think that many fans would prefer closure in an epic finale rather than yet another "to be continued.

The trouble is its all in Chapters and there's there still over 10 left to be told. If SEGA was to finish off Shemmue then would need a Part IV or maybe even V (I want the story be told the way it was planned too).  Its a shame because the money and man power invested in Yakuza project, SEGA could have done it be now, and with the Shenmue Hype, SEGA could have had that world wide game it is desperate for. To me Shenmue III would have sold far better in the west, than Yakuza III
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2010, 04:27:19 am »
I always thought that the pacing in 2 was better, but I enjoyed the slow start in 1 as well.

Hard to say. With the way games work now, SEGA can release the game, DLC after then in a year re-sell it for 60 again as the Ultimate edition.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2010, 04:50:43 am »
Quote from: "George"
I always thought that the pacing in 2 was better, but I enjoyed the slow start in 1 as well.

I found Shenmue slow and boring, but it was just setting the scene and introducing you to the world, story and characters...as soon as it got going it finished; Shenmue II on the other hand was just incredible from start to finish and the disc 3 and 4, some of the very best moments seen in any game, Disc 4 was nothing but incredible and so magical and quite spiritual

It still makes me sick that you see SquareSoft and Enix sell their RPG in the millions (even though Square suck at RPG's, bar FF12) and Shenmue sold so poor , meaning we'll never see the end

It's not fair
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2010, 07:54:55 am »
I absolutely loved the slowness of Shenmue. It was a great game to pop in even at 11 at night, because you could take the casual route and explore the town. Also, I thought the more action packed scenes felt bigger when compared to the slower moments. I recall playing the game during a snowy winter morning during Christmas break and I just happened to be at the point where it was nearing Christmas in Yokosuka. Magical stuff.

In complete agreeance on the excellence of Shenmue 2, especially the final two discs. Hoo boy!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2010, 09:18:58 am »
Was this posted?

he game kicks off in Yokosuka, the setting of the original Shenmue. Players serve as the game's main character themselves and follow a story. The game promises a number of characters, along with compelling visuals. It will have a social aspect, although Sunsoft has not shared details.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/1 ... y_details/
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2010, 12:38:44 pm »
So it's like an MMO inside Shenmue's universe... Like Shenmue Online was supposed to be?
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2010, 12:42:46 pm »
Though Shenmue Online took place during Shenmue 2, while Shenmue City takes place during Shenmue 1. Except they're borrowing characters originally meant to be living in Hong Kong, and now they live in Yokosuka. At least, that's what this is sounding like to me.

Sounds pretty cool! Hopefully we'll be able to mess around with it despite it being all in Japanese.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2010, 04:43:43 pm »
I know I'll be signing up to it as soon as I know how.
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2010, 05:05:22 pm »
If we all start taking japanese lessons we can all play it by christmas..
SEG4GES

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2010, 05:43:07 pm »
I already know Japanese desu.

Kawaiiii~~~ (⌒▽⌒) (=゜ω゜) (≧ω≦)