Author Topic: My Segabits pumpkin 2010!  (Read 4610 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
My Segabits pumpkin 2010!
« on: October 30, 2010, 06:09:44 pm »
Is here:
http://www.segabits.com/?p=5305

Tell me I'm awesome.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: My Segabits pumpkin 2010!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 06:43:04 pm »
Awesome people have the Dreamcast version of that game.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 08:16:51 pm »
Quote from: "Orta"

No, not really... The Dreamcast was dead in the water when it came out which made it stupidly hard to get hold of and since I'm not a collector, kind of pointless too.

That said, I have it on Xbox and Gamecube, co-incidentally consoles that were relevant when it came out and even better I can still play it on consoles that are relevant now... But the Dreamcast copy is pointless.
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 08:36:05 pm »
Pimping mine out too:

That was a week ago, I checked on him today and his teeth fell out and he grew a goatee of mold. Also, there is a HUGE pile of mold inside his head. Truly disgusting.

Offline Orta

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 03:30:39 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"

No, not really... The Dreamcast was dead in the water when it came out which made it stupidly hard to get hold of and since I'm not a collector, kind of pointless too.

That said, I have it on Xbox and Gamecube, co-incidentally consoles that were relevant when it came out and even better I can still play it on consoles that are relevant now... But the Dreamcast copy is pointless.

Good luck with those d-pads. I love how a joke can get you all worked up.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 09:10:51 am »

I've got it :D.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 11:14:21 am »

Good luck with those d-pads. I love how a joke can get you all worked up.

It's just that it's hard to tell when you are 'joking', because jokes are supposed to be funny, not snide remarks.
Made by SEGA

Offline Orta

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 01:54:27 pm »
I'll be more obvious next time. :lol:

Offline Sharky

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 04:51:08 pm »
Good, at least try to make it funny too.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 05:16:18 pm »
Good, at least try to make it funny too.

Calm down, ya dingus!

You got mad at people for not buying Vanquish, he just insinuated that people who do not have the Dreamcast release of the game are not awesome. What is the big deal? I do not see the issue at all.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 08:08:32 pm »
I've yet to once get 'mad' about anything on this forum... I've only ever told people to buy Vanquish because its awesome, and it is.

I'm just getting a bit sick of the whole snide comments trend that's going down on this forum. It used to be a friendly enviroment but now everyone is trying to one up each other with these so called 'jokes'.

I went out, baught a pumpkin and spent a couple of hours trying to turn it into a Sega related pumpkin to share with people here and I have to deal with snide comments?

It is getting to the point I don't even want to post anymore because I KNOW someone is going to be 'funny'... But the problem is it isn't ever that funny and more just a stealth jab at someone.
Made by SEGA

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 11:11:48 pm »
@Sharky:
It was a very nice pumpkin that you carved.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 01:53:05 am »
I've yet to once get 'mad' about anything on this forum... I've only ever told people to buy Vanquish because its awesome, and it is.

I'm just getting a bit sick of the whole snide comments trend that's going down on this forum. It used to be a friendly enviroment but now everyone is trying to one up each other with these so called 'jokes'.

I went out, baught a pumpkin and spent a couple of hours trying to turn it into a Sega related pumpkin to share with people here and I have to deal with snide comments?

It is getting to the point I don't even want to post anymore because I KNOW someone is going to be 'funny'... But the problem is it isn't ever that funny and more just a stealth jab at someone.

Maybe not mad, but clearly frustrated.

He just said that awesome people have the Dreamcast copy of the game and that the GameCube and Xbox dpads are not very good. You made multiple paragraphs about saying he is not funny and is strongly annoying you.

Yeah, it was a pointless thing for him to bring up, but I am not sure why you are so mad about it. He did not say you are stupid for not owning the Dreamcast release or anything...

Offline Sharky

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 11:57:07 am »
I'm not mad, or even angry. Just getting a bit bored of snide unappreciative comments. You should know first hand by now how much time and sometimes money goes into running a blog that is up to date and relivent at all times.

We don't get anything out of it either, in fact we lose money and I don't have a lot of money to lose. I'm aware that half the forum doesn't like me because I have to play 'make up guy' between arguing forum members every other week and end up getting the brunt of the argument from BOTH sides, saying I'm biased or unfair becuase I didn't ban or warn the OTHER guy.

So we're doing this and gain nothing from it. I think it is easy to forget how much we put into this site... So it would be nice just to get a little bit of apprication or credit for what we put into it.

I was just hoping that the first comment would be about the work I put into the pumpkin... Not which version of the game I've got.

If you don't have anything nice to say... etc.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 01:58:15 pm »
Well I can understand why you retaliated, and I agree that Orta did not need to say what he did, but I know that you know he did not mean it to sound mean-spirited or anything. I am not even sure if it was originally typed up as a joke at all.

Of course we all appreciate everyone's work on the site, if anyone jokes about it come up they are usually just petty jabs, like how you keep spelling "Bought" as "Baught"! It is not an issue as everyone knows what you are saying anyways, just a silly characteristic, like how some of us like discussing Sonic canon and are not worried about their sanity.

In any event, everyone here likes the pumpkin anyways, no one thought it turned out bad or anything. It could have used a nice big Arle head though!