Author Topic: Virtua Fighter 2 Genesis to iOS  (Read 12131 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Virtua Fighter 2 Genesis to iOS
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 07:08:44 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
My dream rereleases would be Virtua Fighter Trilogy for the iOS,

I hate you.

So much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 07:28:24 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
My dream rereleases would be Virtua Fighter Trilogy for the iOS,

I hate you.

So much.

Exclusive to the platform, oh and Virtua Fighter 6 becomes an iPad-only game.  :twisted:

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 03:19:23 am »
I know Capcom fans complain about how often Street Fighter games are rererereleased, but at least they get 'em.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. SF2HDR was very popular, MVC2 sold over a million copies on XBLA/PSN, and there was huge demand from the hardcore scene and casuals for SFIII Third Strike to make it's way to XBLA/PSN (Coming this year!). Not to mention there is still petitions and hope for Darkstalkers.

If anything, fans want MORE capcom fighters re-releases.

Also SNK Fans, but for fuck's sake stop screwing up the netcode so badly.

Exclusive to the platform, oh and Virtua Fighter 6 becomes an iPad-only game.  :twisted:

I know this is just a joke, but I still would punch you right in the mouth if I knew where you lived for that.
SPeaking of punching you in the mouth, it's been so long since we played VF5, let's do that again sometime.

Also the current rumour is that VF5 Final Showdown for PS360 is already in development.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 07:57:53 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Not all of the blame should go to SEGA of America for this, SEGA of Japan released this exact same version on mobile devices and download platforms just this week.

Even though we discussed this yesterday in IM I believe it should be put here anyway. I am not sure what you saw but it's still strange if you did, for SEGA of Japan it'll be the first time the game was ever released, not even the original on the Mega Drive was released there.

SEGA really needs to learn how to milk their fighting game franchises. I know Capcom fans complain about how often Street Fighter games are rererereleased, but at least they get 'em. SEGA sits atop a mountain of great games and very rarely gives them a rerelease. When they do, it's usually a cheap port.

Street Fighter sells millions of copies, Virtua Fighter 5 underperformed severely, the PS3 version of Bayonetta alone beats the combined sales of Virtua Fighter 5 on PS3 and Xbox360 (The latter had really lol level sales)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 12:45:16 pm »
My dream rereleases would be Virtua Fighter Trilogy for the iOS, NiGHTS into Dreams on PSN/XBLA and some of those really rare Dreamcast games for XBLA/PSN as well. Like Cosmic Smash and Propeller Arena. Fighting Vipers 1&2, VF Kids and Megamix would also be great. Maybe an AM2 fighting compilation disc.

What's so special of Cosmic Smash, aside from the fact that it is one of the rare GD's that come in a DVD case?

I downloaded the torrent played it like 2 times, finished the game in my 2nd trial, didn't like it.

Edit: I will buy it if I get it for cheap though.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 03:22:14 pm »
From what I've seen and read, it's a lot of fun. Gagaman really enjoyed it, if I recall. Guess it just wasn't your thing.

Doubt you'd ever find it for cheap, which is why I think it should be rereleased.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 04:23:26 pm »
Cosmic Smash is awesome man. The whole fact you beat it in your second go is the whole point of the game! It is exactly like Crazy Taxi in that way, and has multiple routes.

Also, there is a secret hidden boss I only ever saw twice in the game. Awesome.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 07:24:31 am »
I think Barry is right, it isn't for me.

Crazy Taxi I always return to when ever I dust off my Dreamcast, I've long since lost that burned copy of Cosmic Smash and it isn't like I want to play it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 08:10:52 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I know this is just a joke, but I still would punch you right in the mouth if I knew where you lived for that.
SPeaking of punching you in the mouth, it's been so long since we played VF5, let's do that again sometime.

Also the current rumour is that VF5 Final Showdown for PS360 is already in development.

Yeah! I'd be up for some VF5! Sorry if I've been absent in online fightin', I'm not the greatest at fighting games. So I tremble before a constant stream of "YOU LOSE" screens. Of course, that's what practice is for! You have VOOT? I tried playing that online yesterday and the lobbys were empty.

VF5: FS would be AWESOME as a console release. Hope rumors are true. I may not be an expert at VF games, but I love (and own) every release. VF2 on the Saturn is my personal favorite, as is VF1 32X.

Btw, why the heck hasn't AM2 added Ryo and Lan Di as unlockable fighters? They'd be perfect.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 01:19:51 pm »
Can't you edit the players wardrobes to make Akira look like Ryo and that other guy can look like Lan-Di?

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 01:59:57 pm »
Ryo and Lan Di's personalities are simulated as players in the Quest mode also, I forget where they show up though. Some other Shenmue characters do as well.

I entirely hate the idea of characters from other IPs being unlockable. The way they have it now is good, but they could do better. You cannot even properly make Joe Musashi without the on-disc DLC.

[youtube:yzz7vgj9]LZA4z3SK8os[/youtube:yzz7vgj9]

Outside the inclusion of Ulala being amazing, I really have to stress just how amazing that level's song is.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 05:07:19 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

Yeah! I'd be up for some VF5! Sorry if I've been absent in online fightin', I'm not the greatest at fighting games. So I tremble before a constant stream of "YOU LOSE" screens. Of course, that's what practice is for! You have VOOT? I tried playing that online yesterday and the lobbys were empty.

VF5: FS would be AWESOME as a console release. Hope rumors are true. I may not be an expert at VF games, but I love (and own) every release. VF2 on the Saturn is my personal favorite, as is VF1 32X.

Btw, why the heck hasn't AM2 added Ryo and Lan Di as unlockable fighters? They'd be perfect.

I do have VOOT, but I'm hopeless at it. We should have a go of that next time, maybe I can get a little better.

As for Ryo and Lan-Di, I don't think they would work in Virtua Fighter because they are so heavily based on Akira and Lau (kinda) that it would be pointless. As Cube and Snaus said, it would be better for them to give Akira all the costume pieces to become Ryo. Lau should get Lan Di and Bai-Hu.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 08:45:36 pm »
Yeah, or costume pieces. Those would be awsome, if they're anything like Ulala. Or better yet: Goro! His t-shirt is legendary.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2011, 11:32:17 pm »
Every thing about Goro was so amazing that I never noticed his shirt.

If only this Goro gets paired up with our favorite Goro for a day, now that would be an adventure.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 06:16:43 am »
I considered recreating Goro's shirt graphic (and others) in illustrator and putting them up on Cafe Press. Not sure if that breaks copyright rules, but it would be pretty cool to have a shirt just like Goro's and Tom's.