Author Topic: Sonic Generations General Discussion  (Read 164244 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Sonic Generations General Discussion
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2011, 05:52:33 pm »
New City escape video. Is it me or does rolling look a tad improved?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iW6YeB0lLU#ws

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2011, 05:53:03 pm »
"I just really wonder how critics perception will be of this game."

The critic's opinions shouldn't matter to you. What matters is whether you enjoy the game or not.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2011, 07:24:47 pm »
"I just really wonder how critics perception will be of this game."

The critic's opinions shouldn't matter to you. What matters is whether you enjoy the game or not.
It matters to what SEGA is going to do with the franchise. Believe me, the metacritic score will play a big role to wether they should improve or not. They have made that clear over and over again. If the fans can't convince/persuade, the reviewers will increase the impact
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:08:42 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2011, 07:33:23 pm »
If this doesn't get 8's and 9's then Sega should pack up and stop because critics are going to be cunts forever.

Fact is critics are not going to make the big stink over little pointless things like Sonic fans do and if the frankly very good level designs, gameplay, graphics and music... not to mention nostalgia doesn't do the job then they are simply being a bunch of Jim Sterling cuntwoffles and nothing will do it.
Made by SEGA

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2011, 09:53:26 pm »
It's too soon to call it Sharky.  We've only really seen 2 levels in full and bits and pieces of 3 more.  There's still plenty that could go wrong at this point be it annoying ancillary characters or poor level design in later levels (something sonic team is famous for.)  But yeah, it's looking pretty good.  At this point I could only see the critics attacking the game for its modern segments.  They're more or less identical to the Unleashed Day stages so the same critics who disliked those stages aren't going to find much to love here either. 

Offline Sharky

« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2011, 10:14:00 pm »
Still I don't think the critics will find the kind of 'problems' the Sonic 'fans' will. They are generally ignorant of the whole 'physics arent exact, eyes are too green' type of crap.

I think Sonic Generations IS what the critics have been asking for, or at least think what we have been asking for. So if they still give it a 7/10 (which I fully expect from some because lets be honest it's cool to hate Sonic games) the I don't think it'll ever get good scores.

I really don't think Sonic Team will mess up anything the critics will notice and I'm actually kind of sick of the whole modern Sonic complaining... Sonic Colours used the modern Sonic formular and it was a freaking great platformer. No it wasn't and wasn't trying to be like the classics in level design, physics or anything and yet it was still a great platformer with its own merits.
Made by SEGA

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2011, 10:18:34 pm »
Still I don't think the critics will find the kind of 'problems' the Sonic 'fans' will. They are generally ignorant of the whole 'physics arent exact, eyes are too green' type of crap.

I think Sonic Generations IS what the critics have been asking for, or at least think what we have been asking for. So if they still give it a 7/10 (which I fully expect from some because lets be honest it's cool to hate Sonic games) the I don't think it'll ever get good scores.

I really don't think Sonic Team will mess up anything the critics will notice and I'm actually kind of sick of the whole modern Sonic complaining... Sonic Colours used the modern Sonic formular and it was a freaking great platformer. No it wasn't and wasn't trying to be like the classics in level design, physics or anything and yet it was still a great platformer with its own merits.

Agreed.  But Colors still had enough problems to justify the bucketload of 7/10s it ended up getting.  As such, I will keep my expectations tepid.  I just realized that if this game is coming out on the first it's going to be competing with Uncharted 3.  Good luck sonic!

Offline Sharky

« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:22 pm »
I don't imagine it'll have to much trouble... Around the christmas period a lot of people buy multiple games, Sonic and Uncharted arent exactly the same demographic and Uncharted is exclusive to the PS3!

Sonic is a slow burner too, it'll be selling well into 2012 I'm sure... Even more so if it gets good reviews!
Made by SEGA

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2011, 10:43:18 pm »
Ill be buying both along with zelda.  A november to remember. 

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2011, 02:05:56 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB4OyW-Htfs#ws

A video of a modern sonic city escape playthrough.  Cube there are some great free roaming bits you should enjoy.  Hope that wasn't a death/glitch at the end there.  Looking good besides. 

Offline Trippled

« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2011, 05:54:38 am »
3DS Version looking suprisingly decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA8Wvmn_Tso#
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:57:32 am by Trippled »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2011, 09:41:50 am »
Sharky, seriously calm down... What would be out of line by giving this game a 7/10? We know less than half of what the game will look like, let alone if most of what we have seen even works that good.

I know a lot of people who are not Sonic fans who just do not enjoy the gameplay of this but have enjoyed stuff like the classic games otherwise. So they are supposed to give the game a perfect score or whatever you want because why? Not to mention... Since when is a 7 out of 10 a bad score?

There could be a lot of major issues with this game, and considering Sonic Team's track record, I know there will be. What is wrong with just accepting that the game will be good and not "THE BEST THING EVER SHUT UP IF YOU DISAGREE"? I realize you would eat anything they served you, but why be so overly aggressive with this? You were doing fine a minute ago talking about what you thought was a Hydrocity Zone reference, but has been in over five other Sonic games, including the first.

In any event, why did they even bother completely remaking Mushroom Hill Zone? Why not just make a new version of it... What a waste. Hopefully some version of this comes to the HD platforms as DLC or something. The textures are a billion times better looking than that awful mess they turned Green Hill Zone into.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2011, 11:03:58 am »

I know a lot of people who are not Sonic fans who just do not enjoy the gameplay of this but have enjoyed stuff like the classic games otherwise. So they are supposed to give the game a perfect score or whatever you want because why? Not to mention... Since when is a 7 out of 10 a bad score?

If you're not fans of Sonic, I do have to question why they play Sonic modern games . All people are supposed to do is review and post comments of a game on it merit, that's all. Why people expect Sonic games to be realistic and have real work physics I do not know . But these days people knock the Art of Sonic (oh that doesn't seem believable), the fact that he talks and the physics. Yet them seem to look over the fact that having a Blue hedgehog walking on its hind legs wearing trainers isn't in the least bit believable) never mind the lack of real work physics in the 16 bit Sonic games

Too many people with not interest in a Sonic game will knock it, because it cool to do (like those bashing  FPS's, while never playing them )

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2011, 11:09:42 am »
If you're not fans of Sonic, I do have to question why they play Sonic modern games . All people are supposed to do is review and post comments of a game on it merit, that's all. Why people expect Sonic games to be realistic and have real work physics I do not know . But these days people knock the Art of Sonic (oh that doesn't seem believable), the fact that he talks and the physics. Yet them seem to look over the fact that having a Blue hedgehog walking on its hind legs wearing trainers isn't in the least bit believable) never mind the lack of real work physics in the 16 bit Sonic games

Too many people with not interest in a Sonic game will knock it, because it cool to do (like those bashing  FPS's, while never playing them )

I am not sure what you are getting at. I cannot think of a moment where anyone specifically complains about the physics in modern Sonic's gameplay. The reason people knock classic Sonic's physics is because it is marketed as exactly like the classic games, which is incorrect. Even titles like New Super Mario Brothers do not say things like that, they just say it is a new game like the classic Mario games.

More complaints for Modern Sonic are coming from the BOOST, bad level design, zoomed out camera and stuff like QTEs and the werehog. Among other obvious annoyances like Shadow's presence and overly serious storylines.

It is not the same thing.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2011, 11:21:46 am »
If you're not fans of Sonic, I do have to question why they play Sonic modern games.

You generally want a game that not only hardcore fans will enjoy in order to expand your userbase.