Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 253523 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: SEGA announces Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #465 on: November 14, 2012, 03:22:41 am »
IDATEN REMIX?!?!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9VXwhtJyBw[/youtube]
The track aesthetics barely remind me of anything Shinobi, but the layout is so good!

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #466 on: November 14, 2012, 04:14:46 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COvj_89fGU4[/youtube]

Holy crap.  Dat music.  Those visuals.  This track is a dream come true.   Skies of Arcadia 2 here we come!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:18:29 am by Radrappy »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #467 on: November 14, 2012, 05:17:52 am »
Also apparently some people dug up info suggesting a Shogun and Football manager character was in development at some point.  And to think we were all laughing about that possibility only a month ago.

A month ago? I gave off the warning like in... July or something!

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #468 on: November 14, 2012, 05:30:30 am »
A month ago? I gave off the warning like in... July or something!
And S0L was implying you were wrong... ::)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #469 on: November 14, 2012, 07:56:43 am »
Shogun and Football Manager racers would be pretty crazy. I mean, they don't really have characters in those games, do they? They'd have to be no-name racers like a character named Shogun and a character named The Football Manager. If that actually happened, people would wonder why we didn't get Yakuza, Binary Domain or Valkyria Chronicles characters since they would be pretty clearly making racers out of current gen IPs.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #470 on: November 14, 2012, 09:05:41 am »
Consider yourself lucky! I'm avoiding any videos of the final tracks.

Haven't seen the SoA track yet.. wait, Truesonic is playing it on his stream now!

---

Music sounds great! I think you have nothing to fear.

Thanks barry, that's great to know. Reading radrappy's comment is only making things even harder for me!

Man these are going to be torture for me. Especially since the PC version hasn't gotten a release date yet >_<. I think I may have to convince my friend to get it(which is actually a brilliant idea now that i'm thinking about it)

He loves mario kart so he'll definitly love this more.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:50:06 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #471 on: November 14, 2012, 09:18:33 am »
Shogun and Football Manager racers would be pretty crazy. I mean, they don't really have characters in those games, do they? They'd have to be no-name racers like a character named Shogun and a character named The Football Manager. If that actually happened, people would wonder why we didn't get Yakuza, Binary Domain or Valkyria Chronicles characters since they would be pretty clearly making racers out of current gen IPs.

If that list is the case, I have to wonder whether SEGA are right to even own their own franchises any more really.

I can understand IF Spiral Knights is in the PC version, since it's a recent SEGA game that has a decent sized fanbase...but Shogun and FM would be a very stupid thing to do considering those fans only play it for the Football/War simulation.

Valkyria Chronicles is kind of about War Simulation, but those who have played it are more SEGA fans then regular PC fans who probably couldn't care less about this game.

I still have hope that there'd be a Valkyria Chronicles and a Binary Domain track...especially when BD has a junkyard they can make a track out of...hell...it even has lava when you are separated from your team and Faye.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #472 on: November 14, 2012, 09:45:16 am »

People were already wondering about the character selection way before when Danica got revealed. I do not see why the latest characters would be anymore out of place.

If that list is the case, I have to wonder whether SEGA are right to even own their own franchises any more really.

I can understand IF Spiral Knights is in the PC version, since it's a recent SEGA game that has a decent sized fanbase...but Shogun and FM would be a very stupid thing to do considering those fans only play it for the Football/War simulation.

I do not think that is necessarily true.

Pao, MadeManG and Ryan are big Total War fans.

I am a consistent follower of Football Manager.

Infact there are probably a lot of SEGA fans who are Total War fans. Not that I am defending the choice. But then, I would not have had Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS or even Valkyria Chronicles before the likes of Shining, Phantasy Star or Yakuza.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #473 on: November 14, 2012, 09:51:41 am »
A FM racer would be awesome. A car made out of spreadsheets.
SEG4GES

Offline Psycho Echidna

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #474 on: November 14, 2012, 10:32:30 am »
good lord ! like we needed Idaten remix to sell me this game ...

Empire is there too  for Panzer ... Fiend's Path ...  what a tune selection - brilliant !

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #475 on: November 14, 2012, 10:49:24 am »
I don't think music rips will do this game's soundtrack justice. Since the music is dynamic, ideally Sumo and SEGA will have RJ release an official soundtrack with the multiple segments of songs mixed together into one megamix.

Call it Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Megamix!

Offline Psycho Echidna

« Reply #476 on: November 14, 2012, 11:02:05 am »
Well the selection of classic titles is stellar ... I mean Empire, Battle theme for SOA, etc ... a way better selection than the first one to be honest ... maybe a better diversity in the races is what this game needed.

I will throw my money at Jacques and Sega.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #477 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:14 am »
A FM racer would be awesome. A car made out of spreadsheets.

Lmao

i  was thinking a headless guy in a suit racing, but that might be a bit gory

Offline Centrale

« Reply #478 on: November 14, 2012, 01:31:58 pm »
Maybe you could tune your vehicle and then instead of racing, it just tells you what the results are. :)

Offline Truesonic

• Live Sega Game Stream
« Reply #479 on: November 14, 2012, 02:25:56 pm »
Just wanted to thank everyone for the support and watching the stream yesterday. It was fun~ Hope to do more soon. :3
SEGA Madness Stream: Join us for happy time! - http://www.twitch.tv/wolfpackcomms