Author Topic: SEGA's 2013 Plans  (Read 58704 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: SEGA's 2013 Plans
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2013, 02:52:31 pm »
I believe Company of Heroes 2 is out this year, with the recent purchase, that's another game in SEGA's 2013 plan.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2013, 07:23:15 am »
Can anyone give me some background on Relic as a Developer?

I have no knowledge of them but from what I read they make great RTS'?

My question is why are SEGA strengthening their RTS line up when Total War is something they could live on forever? Not saying buying Relic is a bad thing, just curious to know what this means now for CA?

Also, any news on Hardlight? Their game got cancelled didn't it?
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline cooprey

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2013, 01:25:35 pm »
Really looking forward to alien colonial marines, was very dissapointed with the alien vs predator remake a few years ago, hope the new games has a horde mode ala gears of war will be very chuffed to see that!!

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2013, 04:38:52 pm »
I would love to know what AM1 are doing these days.

If it's not Valkyria Chronicles, I would like to know what else they are doing.

HotD sadly doesn't interest me, but it's nice to know if they are making another one of those.

Preferably, I wouldn't mind a new IP in the RPG segment.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2013, 06:56:10 pm »
The latest annoucements are a bit lukewarm, methinks...

They announced a few minor Mobile ports. Afterburner Climax is just extra change. But I do appreciate the convinience.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2013, 07:38:26 pm »
Not that anyone cares but SEGA announced a new iOS game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rgoHPdNaYo

How different the world could have been if Valkyria, Yakuza and Binary Domain were commercial successes in the West.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2013, 05:07:42 pm »
Well you can thank SEGA Europe/America for killing any chances of SEGA Japan (Or any Japanese games SEGA might want to publish) being relevant here. Clear to see that they think none of us would be interested in playing as Japanese robots, they probably think we would rather play as some sort of American soldier.

I mean look, we could have been playing Virtua Striker and Virtual On instead of the garbage that is Aliens, but no! Us Westerns are too mainstream to be into that, but don't doubt SEGA America or Europe! They are run by proper businessmen you know? Suits no what they are doing even though they have no experience in video games because they are BUSINESSMEN!

I can't believe they brought over Yakuza Dead Souls but not Yakuza 5. I guess I'll have to import and then play the game while reading the translations on my phone or laptop. Oy...

Has anyone actually played ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES yet or are we repeating stuff from what reviewers said? Im not going to judge until i've actually played the title before condemning Sega west or this title. It seems to me there's a quick kneejerk reaction here to a game that everyone wanted to be good. Well we have all seen it before with Sega that whenever they release a title that they want to be successful, the reviewers come out in force just to knock it down. BINARY DOMAIN suffered that fate. So why am i going to listen to what reviewers say when we all know half of them have an anti Sega slant. All Sega west is guilty of is their poor marketing skills among other things and SOJ's indirection of what they want the SEGA brand to be about. VO and VS should be released here but i'm not going to blame another game because those two titles didn't get the chance(yet) to be released.

Seriously man, you only need to look at the gameplay footage to tell the game is a fucking train-wreck.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2013, 05:36:20 pm »
I can't believe they brought over Yakuza Dead Souls but not Yakuza 5. I guess I'll have to import and then play the game while reading the translations on my phone or laptop. Oy...

They brought it over because they thought we would be into zombies or something. Sales were dismal because Dead Souls is pretty bad and pretty much give them an excuse to kill that series off from any more Western releases.

That's my fear though as they try to focus solely on 4 CORE PILLARS and ignore everything else.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2013, 10:45:27 pm »

Seriously man, you only need to look at the gameplay footage to tell the game is a fucking train-wreck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8SzBhjqaQ
Yeah, I think it's about time to bring back some SOJ games again with more exposure.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2013, 11:25:28 pm »
well, did anyone download virtual on?  I'd love to play online if anyone's interested!

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2013, 08:35:46 pm »
Can you guys stop arguing? This thread is for games Sega is releasing in 2013.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2013, 08:54:53 pm »
Can you guys stop arguing? This thread is for games Sega is releasing in 2013.
Oh yeah I forgot you're new here. These guys will go until the end of time if nobody stops them.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2013, 02:55:37 pm »
Okay topic is open again, keep this topic about SEGA's 2013 plans discussion

Try to keep all debates in this new topic I created out of TA's and ROJM's posts: http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.75

I understand it's easy to go off topic, but you also gotta understand some people just don't want to see your debates. I see nothing wrong with them, so I don't think it's fair to outright tell you to stop, but we need to respect other peoples wishes.

So thanks :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:57:50 pm by Will »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2013, 06:50:49 pm »
So, Rome 2 Total War. When this game comes out I'm going to install it, and then 6 months later wake up in my swivel chair, wearing a toga and suffering from severe sleep deprivation.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2013, 04:54:47 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8SzBhjqaQ
Yeah, I think it's about time to bring back some SOJ games again with more exposure.
I agree with you on that one. From the last four years, there wasn't anything that Sega west did like OVERKILL that the SOJ consumer teams couldn't do. But with the way the company is being run at the moment in japan, the constant restrants on the teams and some of the legal issues and finances, it seems that Sega will be relying on sega west a bit more and more.