Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken first Gameplay  (Read 9466 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken first Gameplay
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:48 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
But this is subjective let's end this with agreeing to disagree.
But we can't argue whether stages are significant or insignificant. :)

I just think that if you are playing fighting games for story/backgrounds then you are really barking up the wrong tree.

I can certainly agree that a great background can make a game all the more memorable, just saying that I don't see how anyone would use that as a bench-mark for if a game is 'new' or not, especially since they have no bearing on the gameplay at all.

But you know what, i can see you don't really play fighters for the same reason I do, so lets just have some great background appreciation instead!

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 08:53:50 am »
I tried not to reply.

Explain me all the KOF games or SF Alpha series, sure they add a few new characters and tweak the gameplay which is awesome to explore but don't we return to our favourite character eventually and all that is left our the new stages to enjoy?

I'll give you this, story unfortunately isn't important but it is still the unique feature that differentiates the last game from the next game.

I mean games have used the same sprites for almost a decade.

This time I'm done, I promise :).
EDIT: Clearly I didn't keep the promise, but I understood what you were saying.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:22:16 am by cube_b3 »

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 08:59:28 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
But you know what, i can see you don't really play fighters for the same reason I do, so lets just have some great background appreciation instead!

BREATH TAKING!!!!

To top it off these bells are moving and the pigeons are flying around every where and I can close my eyes and listen to the background music playing.

Garou: MOTW was an amazing game to play, but I have to say in terms of gameplay CVS2 was better (Played that game for 9 years).

While Garou had more background stages, a truly phenomenal fleshed out story line with main arcs, and sub plots that Kicks Tekken 3's ass.

Epic Music. It may be the best fighting game ever made, but your right if the backgrounds, music, and ending made the game I would be playing this game for 9 years straight.

But the thing is after a few months of playing CVS I would bounce to this game and I am pretty sure me and my brother will start hardcore rounds on this game after a 3 year break due to us playing PS2 more but I think it is time we return to this gem.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 09:07:26 am »
The Bell tower music

[youtube:p5sxhjj4]YOXjgMg-QbQ[/youtube:p5sxhjj4]

The Actual intro

[youtube:p5sxhjj4]sWWYOw32wrA[/youtube:p5sxhjj4]

Man this game was so deep, I still don't have a proper history with SNK games and the Fatal Fury anime's don't help at all.

Why was Rock so worried about becoming a mother fucker?
He repeatedly had to say He isn't Oedipus, back then I didn't even know who Oedipus Rex was (Greek play by Sophacles a million years old).

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 09:21:21 am »
[youtube:27qgk4lf]8SC6jrmN2sU[/youtube:27qgk4lf]

TRIPPLE POST. I apologise.

But I am basically agreeing with you now, seeing things the way you do.

CVS2 has nothing but 50 characters or so and I've played that game more than any game in my life but I have no emotional attachement to it.

[youtube:27qgk4lf]8SC6jrmN2sU[/youtube:27qgk4lf]

FF:MOTW on the other hand was surrounded in gloom.

SNK had closed their doors, it was their farewell game on a console that was dead and abandoned. Poetic?

This game picked on the heels of dead parents, mentors (dead or retired). With all the in game characters introspectively questioning the reason of their life.

Each character had their own stage, story, dialogue, theme music and ending. It is definetly memorable I know all the 14 characters inside out. I don't care about half the roaster in SF4 cause they are shoe horned with little more then an intro and an ending but damn I loved playing that game. Played it for 3 years.

I see things your way man.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 09:42:03 am »
Russian Bear Wrestling!

Pretty please Capcom?
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 05:05:19 am »
Glad to see we are on the same page cube! I would love to continue this MOTW lovefest and Fighting game talk, but we should do it in the 'Fight Club' thread, since this is mean to be about SF X T.

Cosmic, that is the best idea i've yet seen in regards to this game!