Author Topic: Ryu Ga Gotoku of the END ( Demo Impressions )  (Read 16580 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku of the END ( Demo Impressions )
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2011, 04:58:37 pm »
The DC version sucked so that must be why you hated it. GTA 2 on the pc is "still" a masterpiece!! 8-)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2011, 01:14:20 am »
I played the demo earlier today, I wasn't really won over to be honest.

The shooting mechanics and everything is ok, feels like the recent RE games. I just... it doesn't feel like Yakuza. The heat moves are boring as shit (shooting explosive things, wow) I would have much preferred stuff seen in the previous games, with unique heat moves for various guns etc. I'm sure there are more, but still, the ones I did see were dull.

There does seem to be depth with upgrading guns and buying new ones, training new partners etc at least.

I would have preferred a game that plays just like the old Yakuza games, where you get into random battles with Zombies who say stuff like
"Hey buddy, you're real lucky. Lucky in that you get to give me your Brains!"
*VS Zombie Street Punks*

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2011, 01:34:26 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I never played DC GTA2, but the PC version was absolutely brilliant. Fantastic game and I actually want to reinstall it now just thinking about it...
Sounds like you had issues with 3D GTAs, though I'm not sure how you got lost with the mini-map always pointing you in the right direction.

The DC version sucked so that must be why you hated it. GTA 2 on the pc is "still" a masterpiece!!

I don't do PC gaming and never have, so I'm only going on the DC version, but GTA II wasn't for me. As for the 3D GTA, yes there's a map, but it's still hard to work out; what you have to do, where you have to go next . There was a bloody map in JSRF , but I know a lot of people that didn't know where to go next (and that's a very basic open world map).

I rather games like HALO, where it's a bit of a open world game, but the mission structure is very linear; Complete mission and move on the next mission and stage ( I like it that way)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2011, 05:51:41 am »
I get where your coming from. Open world games may be ambitious and the freedom can be great, but sometimes it can become kinda tedious. Every gta game apart from 4 had this apeal where doing missions wasn't the only thing fun about the games. Messing around was fun too, and that is where GTA 2 imo is king. No 3d gta has given me the same satisfaction of messing around like in gta 2 :p.

San andreas comes second. Oh yeah and gta 4 sucks indeed

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2011, 04:37:29 pm »
I played the demo earlier today, I wasn't really won over to be honest.

The shooting mechanics and everything is ok, feels like the recent RE games. I just... it doesn't feel like Yakuza. The heat moves are boring as shit (shooting explosive things, wow) I would have much preferred stuff seen in the previous games, with unique heat moves for various guns etc. I'm sure there are more, but still, the ones I did see were dull.

Aim at some of the stuff above you, there are things you can shoot that will fall, like signs or steel girders.

I would have preferred a game that plays just like the old Yakuza games, where you get into random battles with Zombies who say stuff like
"Hey buddy, you're real lucky. Lucky in that you get to give me your Brains!"
*VS Zombie Street Punks*

You should have made the game.

Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
I rather games like HALO, where it's a bit of a open world game, but the mission structure is very linear; Complete mission and move on the next mission and stage ( I like it that way)

I always rather have games designed like this. Games like Halo have a really cool exploration element to them that so many newer games just have lost and do not try to regain, which is exploring just to explore. Not for loot or achievements, but just to see what that part of the level looks like.