Author Topic: The SEGA CD Thread  (Read 13245 times)

Offline Grounder

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: The SEGA CD Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 05:21:32 pm »
Nah, I just have the regular one. I also have Corpse Killer and Ground Zero Texas which I also really enjoy. And how in the world could I have forgotten Lethal Enforcers! Such a fun game! One of my all time favorites! Especially with the light gun it's a blast to play!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:23:04 pm by Grounder »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 09:08:01 pm »
Have you played Double Switch? It's hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6KngPRui4

Offline Grounder

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 02:17:03 pm »
I haven't, but I've seen footage and screen shots of it. Mary Lambert directed it, and it has Corey Haim and Deborah Harry (the lead vocalist for the band Blondie) in it.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 04:00:32 am »
Have you played Double Switch? It's hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6KngPRui4

Yes its brilliant, but its too hard imo and not as much fun to play as Night Trap
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 08:40:38 am »
Question: What SEGA CD setup do y'all have?

I have a model 1 Genesis attached to a model 2 SEGA CD and a 32X atop. It's a large mess, but looks pretty sweet when you ignore the five hundred cables in the back. I don't have the extender that allows the model 1 Genesis to rest on the CD unit, bit it's not necessary.

Offline Gagaman

• Total Meseta: 2
    • http://segamemories.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 04:13:55 pm »
I'm currently using my Multi-Mega but also have a Mega CD II sitting in the loft. Would love a modded Mega CD one day to go with my modded Mega Drive: a lot of games were not released in Europe (I already own one import: Switch)

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 07:46:46 am »

I have a Model 1 Mega Drive and Mega CD (which are still the launch models bought at the time of their release , a  Model 2 Mega Drive and Mega CD II a Multi Mega and Wondermega
For the most part I  just use the Multi Mega with the Mega Cart and only use the Model 1 Mega Drive and Mega CD for most of my YouTube videos.

Would love a modded Mega CD one day to go with my modded Mega Drive: a lot of games were not released in Europe (I already own one import: Switch)

Just get a Mega cart , it's brilliant

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Gagaman

• Total Meseta: 2
    • http://segamemories.tumblr.com/
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 11:59:59 am »
I have a Model 1 Mega Drive and Mega CD (which are still the launch models bought at the time of their release , a  Model 2 Mega Drive and Mega CD II a Multi Mega and Wondermega
For the most part I  just use the Multi Mega with the Mega Cart and only use the Model 1 Mega Drive and Mega CD for most of my YouTube videos.

Just get a Mega cart , it's brilliant

I would but I also want full screen 60hz, plus modding would be around the same price as one of those now I think.

Offline Grounder

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 10:26:50 pm »

I have a model 1 Genesis attached to a model 2 SEGA CD and a 32X atop. It's a large mess, but looks pretty sweet when you ignore the five hundred cables in the back. I don't have the extender that allows the model 1 Genesis to rest on the CD unit, bit it's not necessary.

I have a model 1 Genesis/model 1 Sega CD which I have put away in a storage bin, and I have a model 2 Genesis/model 2 Sega CD unit, which I bought to replace the model 1 combo, because I HATE the slide open drive on the model 1 unit, and the model 2 unit is much better with the pop-open lid. Plus the start up music on the model 2 unit is better and alot less annoying than the model 1 unit's start up music.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 07:49:03 am »
I prefer the look of the model 1 CD, looks so awesome underneath a model 1 Genesis, but I prefer the function of the model 2 CD. It's far more trustworthy, though mine occasionally restarts itself. But I can play it for quite a bit before running into problems and the problems are usually game specific. Ecco 1 seems to have issues, as does Rise of the Dragon when I watch a certain video. Might be disc issues.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 06:13:10 pm »
I just checked out a new shop near where I live that has a fair amount of vintage gaming stuff.  And I'm looking into getting a Genesis/Sega CD.  They've got a bundle there with a model 1 Genny and the original Sega CD, with instruction manual, for $75.  Do you guys think that's an all right price, or you think I can find better?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 01:58:19 am »
If the Model 1 is in fully working cond , that is not a bad price and its looks way better than the Model 2 .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Centrale

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 03:34:44 pm »
Thanks TA.  I agree, I like the looks of the original Genesis and Sega CD better than the later versions.  And if you throw a 32X into the mix you end up with a glorious monstrosity!

This past weekend I saw a Sega CDX in person for the first time.  What a cool little console!  It was selling for $150, which seems about average from what I've seen.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 10:30:34 pm »
I strongly recommend the CDX. It's compact, requires only one AC adapter and I feel it's more reliable than the M1 SEGA CD. It's because of that model I dislike any console that uses trays. Yes, it looks a bit more "cool" but it can be a tremendous pain in your sack.

However, that's my opinion. Other gamers have had better luck with their consoles.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Centrale

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 02:43:38 pm »
Yeah, that's a good point... AC adapters become a big issue with a Genesis, Sega CD and 32X all together.  My understanding is that the 32X works with the CDX, but Sega had to make a statement that it wouldn't work because it wasn't officially approved by the FCC.

Also, I think I was wrong about what I previously said about the CDX price... $150 is on the lower end of common prices for the CDX.