Author Topic: PS vita is doing extremely bad in japan  (Read 50757 times)

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
Re: PS vita is doing extremely bad in japan
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2013, 11:40:58 am »
never say never
thin like an a4 paper

but i mean slim is cool. but any advancement to a newer version of the psvita. honestly with these low sails i dont see it coming.

the tcrucial verdictwould be if ps4 does bad as well

and id like to believe that sega comes where sony starts to cry

There is a lot more physical hardware in the Vita. The largest being the battery itself. Much like the early 3DS which has a ridiculous life span till the next recharge is needed. My old DS Lite has really spoiled me in terms of use per charge.

Oddly enough thinking as the 3DS isn't pushing as much hardware and multiple graphics cores, the charge light of doom sure comes up far sooner than I ever expected. At least both handhelds manage to outlast my old Samsung Galaxy S3 per charge.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2013, 11:48:54 am »
so u see there is always space for improvement

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2013, 12:09:54 pm »
so u see there is always space for improvement

I'm not blind, for everything we use on a daily basis has room for improvement. My iPhone 5 lacks a real HD screen, but it's still comfortable to use. My Mac was expensive as hell but being a notebook upgraded to its limits, there's always room for more.  I filled the entire 64GB storage on my iPad yet refuse to upgrade till it dies.

My eyesight could be better as I hate putting on my reading glasses. Bought a new car and didn't get a full tank of gas (those cheap bastards). I want many of the Saturn games to be revived but many have been forgotten or just not a match that jives well with modern hardware.

Everything has room for improvement. The 3DS could have used a higher resolution lower display 640x480 would have looked far better than the current resolution.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2013, 12:19:25 pm »

There is a lot more physical hardware in the Vita. The largest being the battery itself. Much like the early 3DS which has a ridiculous life span till the next recharge is needed. My old DS Lite has really spoiled me in terms of use per charge.

Oddly enough thinking as the 3DS isn't pushing as much hardware and multiple graphics cores, the charge light of doom sure comes up far sooner than I ever expected. At least both handhelds manage to outlast my old Samsung Galaxy S3 per charge.

Powerful hardware sucks up battery life. Only reason the DS didn't suck battery life is because it wasn't super powerful. Once you start displaying 3D graphics you're going to suck up battery life really fast. The only way to improve battery life is to make low voltage hardware, like some laptops have. Battery technology hasn't improved in ages, and it doesn't seem like it's going to improve anytime soon, so it's down to hardware makers to decide if they want to go with low voltage parts or more power for less battery life.

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2013, 12:25:13 pm »
Powerful hardware sucks up battery life. Only reason the DS didn't suck battery life is because it wasn't super powerful. Once you start displaying 3D graphics you're going to suck up battery life really fast. The only way to improve battery life is to make low voltage hardware, like some laptops have. Battery technology hasn't improved in ages, and it doesn't seem like it's going to improve anytime soon, so it's down to hardware makers to decide if they want to go with low voltage parts or more power for less battery life.

Then why does my 3DS have a shorter life span per charge than the Vita? Answer, all about cost...

Don't get me started on the old DC VMU... I used to buy CR-2032 cells in bulk.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2013, 12:34:06 pm »
Then why does my 3DS have a shorter life span per charge than the Vita? Answer, all about cost...

Vita has a much bigger battery then the 3DS, which makes sense, since it is much more powerful, so it really eats through the power.

3DS: 1300 mAh lithium-ion battery, lasting 3 to 5 hours
Vita: 2200 mAh[9], rated at 3-5 hours

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2013, 12:50:54 pm »
Vita has a much bigger battery then the 3DS, which makes sense, since it is much more powerful, so it really eats through the power.

3DS: 1300 mAh lithium-ion battery, lasting 3 to 5 hours
Vita: 2200 mAh[9], rated at 3-5 hours

I know this. Nintendo could have done much better but clearly, they decided not to do so. Hated getting the "charge me or die" red LED on the 3DS...

Even worse when you get the charge light of doom on the Wii U gamepad/tablet, they are not kidding around. Extended sessions really require the Pro Controller which lives up to it's 80 hours of use before needing charged.

Many cell phones have better battery life... Including Android based battery killers.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »

just in between i had that issue to. nowadays there is amod that u can even charge the vmu without putting out the c3032 out. ofcourse you need to change the crystal inside the vmu and put a rechaergable c3032 and add a cabme from above with usb to the plug :)

i find itstrange that the battery life didnt really improve and since we are offtopic anyways. concerning the improvement of battery life the iphone 3GS is better then 4 and 4s  i dont know about 5 tho

with stuff like vita its good to have a car charger
and home charger
ofcourse train u can play and it is fine. its not like the vita goes of to soon. it is durable right?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2013, 02:00:09 pm »
I know this. Nintendo could have done much better but clearly, they decided not to do so. Hated getting the "charge me or die" red LED on the 3DS...

Well, there is a reason behind the 3DS costing over 100euros less than a Vita.

Also, the XL model has a larger battery that lasts longer (decent battery life really..)
SEG4GES

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2013, 02:03:26 pm »
Well, there is a reason behind the 3DS costing over 100euros less than a Vita.

Also, the XL model has a larger battery that lasts longer (decent battery life really..)

yeah mine took a good day with back to back playing heroes of ruins on my 3DSXL

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2013, 03:48:16 pm »

Even worse when you get the charge light of doom on the Wii U gamepad/tablet, they are not kidding around. Extended sessions really require the Pro Controller which lives up to it's 80 hours of use before needing charged.

Many cell phones have better battery life... Including Android based battery killers.

turning off wifi and keeping brightness level lowest seems to keep the 3DS battery working longer for me. It drains so fast compared to the Vita it seems if you keep Wifi on. I can get a good few hours or so out of Vita with Wifi on, but not with 3DS.

also, if you want to save battery, don't turn on 3D either. that really eats the battery away.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2013, 06:02:54 am »
The Vita is a beast when it comes to Sleep mode.

I once left it on for two weeks and STILL had 60% charge left.

I heard the new Firmware breaks it though. :\
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2013, 11:44:37 am »
Which one has better battery life, the WiFi Vita or the 3DS XL
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2013, 06:06:05 am »
I think they're about the same...but the 3DS just edges the Vita out.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2013, 08:34:00 pm »
The PSVita: doing so badly that even Sony themselves can't be bothered to release a solid version of Ratchet and Clank Qforce/Full Frontal Assault:

This also runs at 10-20 fps half the time. This is one of the worst ports I have ever played.

It's too bad because I was actually looking forward to having a portable version of this game.