Author Topic: exploit the rip offs topic  (Read 18678 times)

Offline semmie

• Banned
Re: exploit the rip offs topic
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 04:00:02 am »
then suddenly something popped up my mind. and now for real. pls dont be bitchin that it is diffrent. cause this similaritie in optima form

like we all know phantasy star online. this system basically was first seen with PSO
see this. and if u played PSO its even better to understand

and then a short time later on we see this. final fantasy 11 being jelous like a teenage girl who wants the same freaking Uggs shoes like her friend. and if u played this u will puke cause if at least if it was a good rip off then it would be ok. but it just doesnt feel right.

ok surely the graphics are better. but DUH PSO was the one breaking the ice

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 04:15:36 am »
in an abstrct way even REZ is a rip off of panzer dragoon

sonic adventure has a totally different 3d then mario 64. maybe in the city you will see similarities.

but like u said in an abstract way where there are only polygons seen. but ofcourse polygons only is unfinished work. but yeah like barry said the foundations are pretty muh the same in many games.

which brings me to ths phenomena that most games nowadays are all asame. pitty tho
like max payne 3
hitman absolution.
could it be that the inspiration is gone?
can u name games that actually really tried to be any different?

Jet set radio
Space Channel Five
Ecco the Dolphin
Toejam & Earl

Shall I go on?

Sega has aped a few principal designs over the years but then again, what game developer hasn't?
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 02:12:03 pm »
then suddenly something popped up my mind. and now for real. pls dont be bitchin that it is diffrent. cause this similaritie in optima form

like we all know phantasy star online. this system basically was first seen with PSO
see this. and if u played PSO its even better to understand

and then a short time later on we see this. final fantasy 11 being jelous like a teenage girl who wants the same freaking Uggs shoes like her friend. and if u played this u will puke cause if at least if it was a good rip off then it would be ok. but it just doesnt feel right.

ok surely the graphics are better. but DUH PSO was the one breaking the ice

I agree that Monster Hunter is a ripoff of PSO gameplay mechanics.

it bothers me that Monster Hunter is such a success when SEGA did it better :P whatever. lol, can't change what's happened, but i definitely think it's not fair to SEGA.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 05:42:40 pm »
PSO1 was copied by monster hunter, but now PSO is copying monster hunter with its latest pso2. It is all about killing big monsters within a big playground now while regular enemies function as fodders similar to monster hunter minus the material collecting and crafting. PSO2 feels more like monster hunter than PSO1

PSO Blue burst has aged really really well so I still prefer it to both

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 02:05:56 am »

Jet set radio
Space Channel Five
Ecco the Dolphin
Toejam & Earl

Shall I go on?

Sega has aped a few principal designs over the years but then again, what game developer hasn't?

those games indeed.
you have spoken the truth.

i hereby declare you as the guru of sega. those hearts stand for love. love for sega

those games are really original. but you see sega has always been like that they make stuff that is new many times..
also in my opinion and you see i dont wanna dictate this. but when i see a company innovate then they can ripoff sometimes if its not to obvious. a precise ripoff that it almost looks like a clone thats what i hate.  like halo.. and ps3 suddenly made this game called haze.

i could go back in the days where ther was wonderboy1  and nes basicaaly aped it with adventure island.
and that is just another ripoff in optima form. really disgusting

wonderboy1

adventure island of the NES

aint that a shame? they see what success it has on sega and decide to make this ripoff with some changes so that you cant sew them for the patents an all that
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:07:55 am by semmie »

Offline DJaw

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 07:41:48 am »
See this why nintendo piss me off. Bunch of mofos ripping off Sega i am disgusted by nintendo they need to die. I am thinking of going to japan and confrot that boss off nintento. Was the guy name miyamoto? Anyway i go to him and punch him in the face because ripping off SEGA. I have had it with his shit. If SEGA whore smart they would stop making games for nintendo

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 07:54:26 am »
Guys, don't you even know your history? Adventure Island began as a port of Wonder Boy, the rights were legally obtained by Hudson. They, not Nintendo, made the decision to change the game name and designs. It wasn't a ripoff, and it wasn't even Nintendo.

From Wikipedia:
Adventure Island began development as a port of the Sega arcade game Wonder Boy, which Hudson Soft obtained the rights from developer Escape (now known as Westone Bit Entertainment). During the development of the port, the decision was made to change the character design of the protagonist, modeling him and naming him after Hudson Soft's spokesman Takahashi Meijin.[2] In the western version of Adventure Island, the Takahashi Meijin character was renamed Master Higgins.

While the Wonder Boy series adapted an action RPG system for its sequels (beginning with Wonder Boy in Monster Land), most of the Adventure Island sequels stuck to the game system of the original Wonder Boy. Moreoever, Hudson Soft also obtained the rights to port all of the Wonder Boy sequels to the TurboGrafx 16, changing the title and character designs of each game (with the exception of Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair). Incidentally, the Japanese version of Dracon's Curse (the TurboGrafx 16 adaptation of Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap) was titled Adventure Island.

You're flying off the handle hating on Nintendo for this and for 3D Land, and both cases are really poor arguments. In fact they aren't arguments at all.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 08:04:57 am »
Guys, don't you even know your history? Adventure Island began as a port of Wonder Boy, the rights were legally obtained by Hudson. They, not Nintendo, made the decision to change the game name and designs. It wasn't a ripoff, and it wasn't even Nintendo.

From Wikipedia:
You're flying off the handle hating on Nintendo for this and for 3D Land, and both cases are really poor arguments. In fact they aren't arguments at all.

that may be. but they wanted the game so badly on their nes cause they knew it was a hype on sega. and thats where i come in. not that i care because adventure island was a very poor game in graphics. a big humiliation towards the nES at that time.

i had a great laugh. especially when i saw them blow inside the nintendo to make that game work

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 08:17:34 am »
See this why nintendo piss me off. Bunch of mofos ripping off Sega i am disgusted by nintendo they need to die. I am thinking of going to japan and confrot that boss off nintento. Was the guy name miyamoto? Anyway i go to him and punch him in the face because ripping off SEGA. I have had it with his shit. If SEGA whore smart they would stop making games for nintendo

LOL help me buy a ticket to go to japan. i wont kill him. just chop some fingers with a sharp nunchuck

so u are the maker of mario huh?

just kidding. its a sentiment. i like some mario games but when it comes down to it sonic is the ruler.
you wont hear me cry if mario is not o consoles anymore. but i will get mad if sonic becomes history

best way to describe it

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 02:19:20 pm »
Wow! I picked a Hell of a day to quit sniffing glue.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline DJaw

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 03:50:58 pm »
LOL help me buy a ticket to go to japan. i wont kill him. just chop some fingers with a sharp nunchuck

so u are the maker of mario huh?

just kidding. its a sentiment. i like some mario games but when it comes down to it sonic is the ruler.
you wont hear me cry if mario is not o consoles anymore. but i will get mad if sonic becomes history

best way to describe it
Lmfao, miyamoto is stupid man. He eat mushrooms just look at mario he taking mushrooms everyday. I think he taking mushrooms and then sit in a room analyze SEGA games. He decide then to make rip off that mofo.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 04:01:47 pm »
But Barrryyyyy.. Nintendo is baaaaad :c

And how is Space Channel 5 original? It's simon says in space for goodness sake.
SEG4GES

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 04:34:25 pm »
Wow! I picked a Hell of a day to quit sniffing glue.

Here, have some of mine... :-)
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 04:53:17 pm »
This whole thread is nuts.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 04:58:23 pm »
in an abstrct way even REZ is a rip off of panzer dragoon

Dude, the game had some of the same staff, so it's more of an inspiration then a rip-off.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.